Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2020, 08:44   #1186
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post

Btw, if anyone genuinely believes wearing a mask will actually protect them, here’s some information that might worry them even more.

https://www.aier.org/article/the-year-of-disguises/
the muzzle club just will not believe it. boris and the two amigo,s know whats best for us all.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2020, 09:23   #1187
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
round my way there seem to be more muzzle wearers outside in places you do not need em.

Yorkingshire isn't alone in that particular mentality, I travel extensively through Germany & cross a few international borders regularily, the amount of people sitting in their car driving wearing a muzzle is incomprehensible to me.

Alone in their car????? No one near or far & the plates indicate they aren't local, yet fully muzzled ........ On Thursday the gestapo were clamping down in Krautyland, (govt. sanctioned may I add, shades of 1930's resurgence?) plod, ordnungsamt & other state organs were "visiting" public spaces, "Bahnhofen & offentliche verkher" basically trains & buses, to advise Adolf & Eva Volk about the error of their ways by not being muzzled (fines varying from 100 - 1000 € dependent on State/fine list).

Watching the Bayerische news the talk was of 125€ starter, then doubling for repeat "offenders" every incidence of non-compliance (in the words of Buzz Lightyear) into "Infinity & beyond!
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-10-2020, 07:26   #1188
God Member

if the police had been as heavy handed on drug abuse and anti social behaviour at the start then the country would even now be a better place to live in. suppose non muzzle wearers are a much softer touch without em getting into a scrap or worse.
Old 25-10-2020, 08:47   #1189
Beacon of light

I noted that the police tactics with the Anti lockdown demonstrators was of a different calibre to that used on the BLM and the Extinction Rebellion crew.....and this demonstration was far more moderate (from what I have seen) than either of the other demo’s....no raised fists, no blocking of roads by boats.......and they took their litter home.
These are the moderate little people who can see the damage being done by these ridiculous regulations and controls.
Last week the. Virus was 19th in the list of causes of death in the UK.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 09:12   #1190
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to be honest i feel sorry for the police, its the higher ups instructing them that let things down, i only know a couple but both say the same thing.thing is its the ordinary plod that get all the stick imho.
Old 25-10-2020, 10:39   #1191
Beacon of light

Cashy, in some places the police are acting like the stasi....they are ignoring burglaries, and such to pursue these ‘soft’ targets....they have been politicised and that should never be.

They are being tasked with something that is not their role.....and if you see them treating similar groups, but with political agendas, differently, then they are not impartial...the law should be upheld in the same way regardless.

They were dancing with Extinction Rebellion protestors....and this was during the Covid crisis.so it has to be politically driven.

People are just fed up of being lied to and misled.
I am with Maureen Eames from Bradford.....though ten years younger I would like to live my life unfettered....choose my own risks.
I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
Old 25-10-2020, 10:45   #1192
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

That does not detract from what they are being instructed to do? end of the day they have a job and income to think about,
Old 25-10-2020, 11:00   #1193
Beacon of light

Cashy, they are supposed to uphold the law impartially.
It has always been so...and they know this when they enter the force.
They are paid for what they do...and they will have jobs and pensions when many other folk have neither (as a result of this badly managed fiasco)

It is clear to me that they don’t act or behave impartially, there are many instances that can be cited...like taking the knee at BLM demo’s.....treating the Extinction Rebellion demo’s as a carnival....and that is them ‘doing their job’
Old 25-10-2020, 11:10   #1194
Beacon of light

And it’s going to be OK....frontline NHS staff will be able to access a vaccine ‘within weeks’.

Yes, well I hope it is not a case of those choosing not to have this are told they have no job.
I would imagine that many of those front line staff, having been exposed to the vaccine already have some immunity to it.
Old 25-10-2020, 13:51   #1195
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, they are supposed to uphold the law impartially.
It has always been so...and they know this when they enter the force.
They are paid for what they do...and they will have jobs and pensions when many other folk have neither (as a result of this badly managed fiasco)

It is clear to me that they don’t act or behave impartially, there are many instances that can be cited...like taking the knee at BLM demo’s.....treating the Extinction Rebellion demo’s as a carnival....and that is them ‘doing their job’
well you believe that if you choose i believe what plod has told me everyone has bosses,
Old 25-10-2020, 15:31   #1196
Beacon of light

Of course everyone has bosses.
That was not in dispute.
It seems that the rules are open to a very wide interpretation....like don’t let it look like you are harassing the BLM....or ER...but come down on those who are demonstrating against government policy....and that, is not impartial....whether it is from the bosses or not....they are part of the police force.

I believe what I can see....I saw police taking the knee and dancing with ER....that’s enough for me.
Old 25-10-2020, 15:57   #1197
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I saw the same and was disgusted but i reckon they were told to you obviously do not.
Old 25-10-2020, 16:25   #1198
Beacon of light

i do not know whether they were told to take the knee....and to dance, but that they were not taken to task about it means that the ‘bosses’ accepted that partisan behaviour.
If it is not stopped then the ‘bosses’ are complicit.
And I was disgusted by the unprofessional behaviour too....so I cannot see why you would think it obvious that I did not find it so.
Old 26-10-2020, 08:34   #1199
God Member

Quote:
It seems that the rules are open to a very wide interpretation....like don’t let it look like you are harassing the BLM....or ER...but come down on those who are demonstrating against government policy....and that, is not impartial....whether it is from the bosses or not....they are part of the police force.

I believe what I can see....I saw police taking the knee and dancing with ER....that’s enough for me.
there was not much smiling and dancing last weekend or at the battle of orgreave. police force for them police service for BLM and EL. not surprised when many at the top or near the top of the police are either all things to all men or box tickers.
Old 26-10-2020, 08:38   #1200
God Member

Quote:
And it’s going to be OK....frontline NHS staff will be able to access a vaccine ‘within weeks’.

Yes, well I hope it is not a case of those choosing not to have this are told they have no job.
I would imagine that many of those front line staff, having been exposed to the vaccine already have some immunity to it.
more like restrictions in what the can and cannot do. if they refuse and in small numbers their choice will be to resign or join the majority. that may be our chance in a year or so.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..