Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2020, 14:31   #1216
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quite, in 90/91 before going to the Gulf, British troops were offered a jag against Bubonic plague due to the Bio-warfare threat of Saddam. This particular little dose of joy wasn't exactly an off the shelf & authorised cure all, more a sort of lets see what happens, Squaddies being squaddies just said yeah ok do it!

After leaving in late 93 I received my medical docs to hand on to my new Civvy house doctor, nowhere in my papers was the plague jag mentioned, I & I would suggest 99% of the UK forces "Voluntarily" got stabbed without knowing the effectiveness or if complications would arise then or in later life.

When studies showing our lads & lasses along with many allied troops showing varying unidentifiable & non definable, illnesses & effects years after, known as the "Gulf war syndrome", all Govts denied any knowledge as to why this should be.

I worked with a las who had been out in the gulf.
She had had these jabs....on return to civvy street she trained to be a nurse...she finished her training, but became ill with those indefinable symptoms and was told that she had the 'gilf war syndrome' thought to have been caused by getting all the jabs that the army felt were necessary.
she never was able to work, nor was she able to prove her disabling condition was due to the jabs
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2020, 14:33   #1217
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as im concerned a full lockdown has no chance of working unless they start to come down hard on the clowns that ignore it. obviously wont win me any fans but i dont give a stuff thats my view Like it or Lump it.
Cashy, you say it how you see it(always have dne as far as I am aware)....and no-ne can accuse you of sitting on the fence.
If you please yourself..then at least you know that one person in the world is happy.
Old 31-10-2020, 17:58   #1218
Beacon of light

I have to say that a month long lockdown fills me with despair.
I abided by the three months lockdown in March.
In that time I went out of my house ten times....every time was for essential household items....and every time it was early morning.
I have been nowhere on public transport...in fact I have been nowhere, full stop....since all of this began.
I feel robbed and resentful.
I feel like I am under house arrest.....and for doing nothing out of the ordinary.

This first lockdown was observed far more rigorously than the later nonsensical rules.
If rules do not make sense then they will be disregarded.

How does it make sense that you cannot visit your family(family whose health status you know) but you can go to a pub and have a meal and a drink alongside people you know nothing of.

Personally I would prefer to take my chances. I fear the restrictions far more than I fear the virus
Old 31-10-2020, 19:56   #1219
God Member

Well Margaret, the pub for a drink or a meal is out the window now - not that it's going to make an iota of difference when schools, colleges & universities are to stay open. It's no coincidence that the number of cases started to rise when they went back at the beginning of September.
At the moment it seems that basically if it's fun you can't do it but if it's school or work you can because Covid knows the difference - kind of like a s**t Santa!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2020, 20:37   #1220
Beacon of light

yes..it is a clever virus...it knows what time it is.....so sup up by ten pm.
I wonder if it is clever enough to tell Rishi Sunak how he's going to fund the furlough extension...
and if it will ask the BBC to rescind the decision to make the over 75's cough up the money for a TV licence(especially as the BBC do not appear to cater for the older population anymore..programs full of lewd behaviour and profanity)

I wonder if it can also tell us how those children who are currently in the exam years are going to deal with exams after a fractured halting education.
My daughters two children have only had three weeks of education in the last six weeks....and thay are in a GCSE year and sixth form...not good.
I would be interested to hear the answers.
Old 31-10-2020, 21:45   #1221

Margaret, the trouble is that none of those who should be able to sort things out seem to have the answers. The whole thing about education this year has been a shambles everywhere. It's like the year that never was. There has not been any consistency in attending or not attending school, going back to school and then not going back to school. How the students catch up, IF they catch up, remains to be seen. Let's hope the powers-that-be make allowances for the disruptions. There's enough pressure put on the young people today as it is.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2020, 21:55   #1222
Beacon of light

In 2018 the total number of deaths from any cause was 541,589.
In 2019 the total number of deaths from any cause was 530,841.
So far this year there have been 453,803 deaths from any cause(this is up to the week of the 25th of September) and this is in a year when we are in a pandemic.

Unless we have 77,000 deaths in the next two months we are still only meeting what could be considered a ‘normal’ number of deaths.
By the way, these stats are for England and Wales and were taken from ONS figures.

All of the graphs we are being shown are without context, and as such are of use only for bamboozling the general public.
All the infections are the number of positive tests.
Some of these positive tests will be the same person tested multiple times...but will be counted as if they are sick people.

We are being put into a second lockdown for no good reason....and this time the children are being allowed to go to school...well unless someone in their bubble or study group tests positive, then it is off home....isolate...test and if you get a negative test you go back to school for....well maybe a day...or two and then the process is repeated.
Make any sense to you?
Or is it just me who thinks this is nonsense? Don’t answer that....I know what you will say.
monkey hanger and ferret man like this.
Old 31-10-2020, 22:06   #1223
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Margaret, the trouble is that none of those who should be able to sort things out seem to have the answers. The whole thing about education this year has been a shambles everywhere. It's like the year that never was. There has not been any consistency in attending or not attending school, going back to school and then not going back to school. How the students catch up, IF they catch up, remains to be seen. Let's hope the powers-that-be make allowances for the disruptions. There's enough pressure put on the young people today as it is.
Dorothy, there are two Oxford men who have a blue print that they put forward to The PM....they are Dr Tom Jefferson and Professor Carl Heneghan.

Alas these men are not in the scientific team advising the PM...they have no vested interests in big Pharma...unlike Chris Whitty (chief Medical Officer of health) and Patrick Vallance(chairman of the SAGE group)...both of these men are in the pockets of companies who want to make money from vaccines.
The PM is taking advice from computer modellers....and the doom brothers.
The computer modellers have not been right once....they predicted huge death tolls from SARS, from Swine flu and one of the...Neil Ferguson was responsible for totally inaccurate information about the foot and mouth crisis many moons ago...so not trusted.

So they want to keep us scared....they want us all to be ready to take up a vaccine that has been developed in a very short time(vaccines normally take ten to fifteen years to develop and be tested before they are administered)...so forgive me for not trusting their judgement.
I have no trust in the figures that are being bandied about...or the graphs either.
I have just posted the yearly numbers of deaths from 2018 to the present....and they are not elevated....which you would expect they would be in a year when there has been a contagion.
So something is not right.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 31-10-2020 at 22:10.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:18   #1224
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i am very sceptical of a new vaccine that comes out quickly, one came out during the Gulf War and was given to the people, it was NOT properly tested and was the cause of what they called Gulf War Syndome, many said it was the long term effect of the vaccine and they were sodded off, that is why i am very skeptical. if yeh think thats bull check it for yourselves,
Old 01-11-2020, 08:21   #1225
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1246296]Well Margaret, the pub for a drink or a meal is out the window now - not that it's going to make an iota of difference when schools, colleges & universities are to stay open. It's no coincidence that the number of cases started to rise when they went back

you would have thought at the outset that students would have been forced to take a course at a university close to their home. its not as if the country is not short of universities nowadays. it would stop all the students being gathered together 24 hours a day. if you live in bradford go to bradford university if the course of your choice is there not sothampton and someone from there passing you up the motorway in the opposite direction doing the same thing. if learning is someones priority and not the social life at university which i,m afraid is a lot of thems priority then surely it would make sense.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:25   #1226
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1246309]i am very sceptical of a new vaccine that comes out quickly,

yes, plus the possibility of having to have proof of vaccination before you can do everything you did before march. would you risk a vaccination you do not believe in just to go back to the wham every other week. its a decision that i do think we,ll all have to make.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:14   #1227
Beacon of light

Add to that the fact that we are being told that the immunity conferred by having had the virus, lasts only a very short time....so you might have to have the jab every six months.

Now, who do you think are rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of this scenario.

It worries me that China patented this virus the day after it was confirmed it was transmissible to humans....and that they already have a vaccine for it.
What does that say to you.
It tells me that they have been working on it for many years, at least fifteen.....and that the release of this manipulated virus was deliberate.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:19   #1228
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1246310]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Well Margaret, the pub for a drink or a meal is out the window now - not that it's going to make an iota of difference when schools, colleges & universities are to stay open. It's no coincidence that the number of cases started to rise when they went back

you would have thought at the outset that students would have been forced to take a course at a university close to their home. its not as if the country is not short of universities nowadays. it would stop all the students being gathered together 24 hours a day. if you live in bradford go to bradford university if the course of your choice is there not sothampton and someone from there passing you up the motorway in the opposite direction doing the same thing. if learning is someones priority and not the social life at university which i,m afraid is a lot of thems priority then surely it would make sense.

Monkey hanger, it is not quite as simple as that.
I think it is more about the reputation of some universities.
Some universities have better reputations and look better on a CV.
Also the courses that the universities provide are not the same.
My daughter wanted to do Radiology, but the only place that could be called local is Lancaster, because she had two small children when she was doing her degree, it was not possible for her to go to Lancaster every day on public transport....so she had to look at what the university of Central Lancashire provided and did an alternative health related degree.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 01-11-2020, 19:07   #1229
Beacon of light

There are 1700 deaths every day in England and Wales....this must be considered when we are hearing the figures being regularly spewed out in the Fear Factor campaign.
This in the absence of a pandemic.
Just remember that.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:06   #1230
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There are 1700 deaths every day in England and Wales....this must be considered when we are hearing the figures being regularly spewed out in the Fear Factor campaign.
This in the absence of a pandemic.
Just remember that.
think i will not be alone in not knowing that number of deaths fact. its one of those facts that due to the numbers involve people cannot get their heads round it. used to live in a village of around that population and its like saying everyone will die there one day. on top of that has the main media ever published this fact at any time or is it they cannot get a graph to show it. right from the outset i wanted to see figures of excess deaths from the virus on top of the average. never seen it and have to rely on accy web and other places to obtain information. clear balanced information and debate should be the least we all deserve.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..