Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2020, 12:51   #1351
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
there are a lot of comments on news sites about the 'selfish people' 'the idiots' 'the anti vaxxers' who do not wish to be vaccinated... it has not been said on here.....no-one has actually said it to me in person...but I do not doubt that it will happen. I suppose it is called peer pressure.
No you haven't missed anything Cashy.
also i doubt very much it will happen people like that are normally GUTLESS in my view.
Old 24-11-2020, 12:58   #1352
Beacon of light

I hope you are right, but I am waiting...and ready for if it does happen.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 09:24   #1353
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1247200]there are a lot of comments on news sites about the 'selfish people' 'the idiots' 'the anti vaxxers' who do not wish to be vaccinated...

trying to ban on social media people who are labelled as anti vaxers giving their position on the subject would only make anyone wonder what the government are actually scared of. if these 3 different vaccinations were so good without any problems whatsoever then whats the problem. they themselves have created a problem where if you are a self styled scientific expert from somewhere in arazona with a you tube video you may be believed more than the government after the last few months. the way forward is all sides to give their facts and arguments and let the population decide on what they do as individuals. mind you i do not know whats worse now being an individual or anything else.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 23:14   #1354

Will Qantas (and probably all other airlines and 'travel providers') openly discriminate against people who's religious beliefs preclude them from using vaccines ? .... if they do they will in breach of anti-discrimination laws - if they don't it will make a mockery of the whole ethos of preventing the spread of the virus.

People choose whether or not t smoke knowing the consequences or to drink or to over eat - surely that right of choice should be afforded to those who do not wish to have an unproven vaccine squirted into their veins.

Last edited by Jimmy Clitheroe; 28-11-2020 at 23:16.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2020, 08:06   #1355
God Member

[QUOTE=Jimmy Clitheroe;1247339]Will Qantas (and probably all other airlines and 'travel providers') openly discriminate against people who's religious beliefs preclude them from using vaccines ? .... if they do they will in breach of anti-discrimination laws -

they will have to do as it will make a total mockery of what else has gone on in 2020. a year of diversity, equality for all , and the thoughts of minorities being the ones that the majority have to follow.
Old 29-11-2020, 08:06   #1356
Beacon of light

Qantas is a very poor choice of airline anyway.
I have flown with them in the past but there are better airlines to fly with if you really need to get to the other side of the world.....better services, better prices with smilier personnel on board.
Qantas is probably the last on my list of airlines to fly with.
Not that I will be flying anywhere soon, no passport, no desire, no need.
Old 29-11-2020, 08:08   #1357
Beacon of light

Oh, and by the way Jimmy....if they squirt the vaccine into your veins, they are doing it wrong....and you have got a binmen doing your vaccination(no disrespect mean5 to binmen...they do a sterling job....of emptying bins)
Old 29-11-2020, 10:39   #1358
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh, and by the way Jimmy....if they squirt the vaccine into your veins, they are doing it wrong....and you have got a binmen doing your vaccination(no disrespect mean5 to binmen...they do a sterling job....of emptying bins)
they are short of binmen anyway so who else are going to do the job. just wonder what their plans are anyway to get a population vaccinated with medical staff doing other jobs anyway. wonder if the 24 hour day will be increased to 36 as a temporary virus measure.
Old 29-11-2020, 11:59   #1359
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
they are short of binmen anyway so who else are going to do the job. just wonder what their plans are anyway to get a population vaccinated with medical staff doing other jobs anyway. wonder if the 24 hour day will be increased to 36 as a temporary virus measure.
nurses at docs surgerys do it they did our flu jabs dont see a big problem.
Old 29-11-2020, 14:03   #1360
Beacon of light

They have enlisted SJAB volunteers....it isn't hard to do.
and whatever happens they who give it will not be responsible for any issues relating to the vaccination.

I won't be putting on my uniform back on anytime soon.
Old 29-11-2020, 14:58   #1361

They are likely to get group4 involved, those muppets can't do security so surely they must be able to give out jabs lol

TBH I really dont fancy having it, its too soon - I don't want to find that in 10 years time I can't walk except for like a zombie, I Have only 1 working lung and my dingdong falls off because they rushed a vaccine.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2020, 16:07   #1362
Beacon of light

Rainbow six....you need to weigh up the risks....
It has a lesser mortality rate than seasonal flu.....I do not have the flu vaccine, and won’t be having this one either.
I look after my own health.
I take Vitamin d, vitamin C....and since the pandemic I have added zinc and I gargle twice a day with Listerine mouthwash(this is not a proven measure, but if you use alcohol sanitiser on your hands, this is like that too, but for your throat and Naso pharynx....Where bugs and bacteria like to lurk).
But those who wish to have the vaccination do so because they trust what they are being told...I don’t.
Please do not let that put you off though.
Old 29-11-2020, 16:19   #1363
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its up to each individual no one else simple as.
Old 29-11-2020, 17:42   #1364
Beacon of light

yes...and that is eactly how it should be Cashy...as long as this stance does not change...or is subverted....and by that I mean made compulsory by the back door....e'g' can't travel unless vaccinated, can't go to venues etc...
There are a lot of people who have reservations...and it is OK saying well let's see the PM get his dose...they could be giving him a dose of sterile water.
( I just do not trust anyone anymore)
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-11-2020, 17:57   #1365
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Doubt very much it will be compulsory cant see it at all.though if yeh need it to go anywhere it wouldnt bother me in the slightest.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..