Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2020, 09:59   #1366
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

do not worry they,ll have one of those app things on your tippy tappy to prove you have had the jab to force those without smart phones to buy one so you can then be checked on like the rest of the population. you will not be able to just leave it at home as you,ll need it checking everywhere you go. so the oldies will not or cannot do this so they,ll get their wish of the over whatever age they choose actually having to stay indoors and there will be less chance of em getting the virus anyway. with these measures they can say that things are working and we can get back to mormal some year in the future.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2020, 10:46   #1367
Beacon of light

it is the 'some year in the future' that grieves me.
I want to live my life on my feet..not on my knees and in serfdom that even the EU could not induce.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2020, 16:41   #1368
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They have enlisted SJAB volunteers....it isn't hard to do.
and whatever happens they who give it will not be responsible for any issues relating to the vaccination.

I won't be putting on my uniform back on anytime soon.
What not even for Dave
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2020, 17:08   #1369
Beacon of light

Definitely not for him.....he has seen me in it more times than enough....I need to get a French maids kit I think
Old 30-11-2020, 17:51   #1370
Beacon of light

They are recruiting vaccinators and paying something in the region of Ł135 per day....so not to be sneezed at
Old 30-11-2020, 18:09   #1371
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The military will be dragged into it at some point too, S.O.P's of every govt so far when the pressure is on.
Old 30-11-2020, 20:18   #1372
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They are recruiting vaccinators and paying something in the region of Ł135 per day....so not to be sneezed at
Will I need to have had a jab to apply
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2020, 21:57   #1373
Beacon of light

Not sure about that one.
But It won't be back breaking work....and the contracts are for three to six months...so nice work if you can get it.
I would imagine a lot of retired medics/nurses will be wanting a bite of that cherry.
Though I would not do it...my conscience would not let me.
Old 02-12-2020, 16:39   #1374
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Don't know what they're saying about the Biotech/Pfizer vaccine, but on the German radio today they've been saying UK has cleared it for use starting next week, while Krautyland & the rest of europe are talking about the end of Dec, start of next year.
Old 02-12-2020, 18:26   #1375
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

uk has cleared it dave should be starting with it next week sometime with care homes and staff etc .suits me i will be having one soon as i can.i have no need to worry oer long term effects lol
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 02-12-2020, 22:14   #1376
God Member

Good luck to anyone volunteering to have Pfizer's latest invention.
Doesn't seem as though a former CEO of that company will be doing so.

Dr. Wodarg and Dr. Yeadon request a stop of all corona vaccination studies and call for co-signing the petition - 2020 NEWS

It's not been tested on all likely candidates. Any pregnant women out there want to volunteer?

Will pregnant women be given the Covid vaccine? | Metro News

S'funny, though, the 'ordinary' flu jab is recommended for pregnant women.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 22:28   #1377
Beacon of light

The Pfizer Jab contains polyethylene glycol which is a constituent of anti freeze.
I have read reports in the popular press that Boris Johhson, Matt Hancock and Nicola Sturgeon are all prepared to have their vaccination done live on camera.
Now call me cynical, but they could be given vaccinations that are just sterile water or saline...so I don't buy that Google Page Ranking trick...and in any case if Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock have had the virus, then WHY do they need a vaccination?
Just asking out of interest.

No-one knows what the long term side effect might be, and for a condition that has a 99% recovery rate it seems just a bit over the top.

I won't be having it.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 02-12-2020 at 22:36.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:05   #1378

We are all entitled to our own views about the COVID vaccines and so for what it’s worth this is mine.

The speed with which the vaccines are being approved is a real worry to me. If it is normal accepted practice that it takes years from the development stage through to being approved for other vaccines, what is different about the COVID ones that will be distributed for use very soon?

If there have been steps in the development of it that have been rushed through (and given the time frame this must have happened) how can we be sure that everything is as safe as we are told. No-one can guarantee that.

I am not against vaccinations, far from it – I have the flu one every year and recently had the whooping cough one, confident in my mind that these have been well and truly tested. If there are any long-term health risks with the rushed-through COVID vaccines then it will be too late to rectify the damage that has been caused by the time these problems show up.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:20   #1379
Beacon of light

Pfizer was the company responsible for the swine flu vaccination that created problems for some of the people who had the vaccination.
It created a brain condition which causes sufferers to fall asleep without any warning...invariably this means that those affected cannot drive and cannot work....and this
condition, narcolepsy, cannot be cured....they have it for life....and that is the reality of a vaccine that has no long history of testing.

I am not prepared to be an unpaid guinea pig for a company that will rake in billions of pounds, yet not accept any responsibility for any damage their product may cause.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:31   #1380
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

like i said before its up to the individual,long term effects really amuses me why should anyone my age and older give a monkeys about them ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..