Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2020, 09:34   #1396
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Looked at the list and have come across quite a few of those terms...but it is always good to read more...learn more.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2020, 10:13   #1397
God Member

had a boss about 30 years ago always using the term STB at every opportunity. a weird bloke who was very friendly away from work but quite different at work. never knew what those letters meant but found out it meant sack the bas----s.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:58   #1398
Beacon of light

I hope that Karma got him.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:31   #1399

One thing about this forum, it certainly educates.
Education is important, but Hobgoblin is importanter.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:37   #1400

the above post refers to Dotti's post1393.
Old 05-12-2020, 19:20   #1401
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
One thing about this forum, it certainly educates.
Education is important, but Hobgoblin is importanter.

Quite so my dear TadMeister, the same goes for educating your tastebuds, while I admit to the supping of Hobby Gobby in its' various forms is a pleasurable passtime, there is a vast cornucopia of blissful brewskies & astounding Ales just ripe for the supping & quaffing.

As a little prezzie for yourself grab & handful of "forn' Ales" (Yorkshire, east Anglia, Kentish or even Cornwallian) stick 'em under the Tree & do a boxing day blitz, who knows you may find a 2nd, 3rd, or maybe 4th new favourite!
taddy likes this.
Old 05-12-2020, 19:46   #1402
Beacon of light

after all alcohol IS supposed to render this virus dead....so a very good excuse.
taddy likes this.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:01   #1403
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
after all alcohol IS supposed to render this virus dead....so a very good excuse.

If that's the case I'd assume I'm already immune & Taddy must be super immune!
taddy likes this.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:39   #1404
Beacon of light

and such a pleasant way to gain immunity too...no rolling up of sleeves...no sharp little prick,just a few cold swallers.
Somebody tell Matt Hancock...get them pubs open for therapeutic reasons
DaveinGermany, Gremlin and taddy like this.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:29   #1405

Thumbs up Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quite so my dear TadMeister, the same goes for educating your tastebuds, while I admit to the supping of Hobby Gobby in its' various forms is a pleasurable passtime, there is a vast cornucopia of blissful brewskies & astounding Ales just ripe for the supping & quaffing.

As a little prezzie for yourself grab & handful of "forn' Ales" (Yorkshire, east Anglia, Kentish or even Cornwallian) stick 'em under the Tree & do a boxing day blitz, who knows you may find a 2nd, 3rd, or maybe 4th new favourite!
As my old man used to say when some one asked him what was his favourite ale, he always said, There is no such thing as bad ale but some taste better than others
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:17   #1406
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yer old man said the same as mine taddy, tell yeh what made me laugh this morning on news the second person to have the virus injected today was from Warwickshire and was called William Shakespeare, cracked me up did that.
taddy likes this.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:31   #1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yer old man said the same as mine taddy, tell yeh what made me laugh this morning on news the second person to have the virus injected today was from Warwickshire and was called William Shakespeare, cracked me up did that.

Lets just hope it was not a new Comedy of Errors.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 22:25   #1408

I know the idea of giving the oldies the jab first is because they are amongst the most vulnerable, but they are probably also the ones who don’t mix with lots of people. The vaccine is to protect and therefore less people (hopefully) will get the disease thus stopping the spread of the virus. So why not give it first to the younger ones who are more out and about and mixing with lots of others. Just asking….
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 22:32   #1409

,,,and to put a bit of lightheartedness on a very serious subject I will pass on to you the following which was sent to me:

'During the middle ages they celebrated the end of the plague with wine and orgies. Does anyone know if there is anything planned when this one ends?'
taddy likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 23:20   #1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
,,,and to put a bit of lightheartedness on a very serious subject I will pass on to you the following which was sent to me:

'During the middle ages they celebrated the end of the plague with wine and orgies. Does anyone know if there is anything planned when this one ends?'

Going by reports in the press quite a few people seem to be celebrating the presence of this one with music and either beer and/or illegal substances.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..