Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2020, 13:28   #1441
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
All kinds of people work in the NHS...porters, cleaners,wiatresses, cooks, other technicians who have little or no medical knowledge Not everyone in the NHS is highly educated in medical knowledge...the report did not specify that they were nurses or quaified in any way
if thats the case sorry, i thought i heard em say nurses? but then my hearings far from the best,
Old 10-12-2020, 14:10   #1442

Just been told that my ex next door neighbour (who still does or did live in the village) has died of Covid 19. My youngest daughter, her husband and three children have all tested positive for the virus and are having to "self Isolate.
I think that I shall have to Self Goblinate,
Regards the Luddite.
DaveinGermany likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 14:28   #1443
Beacon of light

My next door neighbour tested positive....and her son too, but neither of them had any symptoms and they remain well.

Taddy, I think self Goblinating is a fine excuse to open a bottle or three.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:08   #1444

Regarding allergies. Before a doctor gives some specific medication they will ask you if you are allergic to it, or to any of it’s ‘ingredients’. My question is, how do you know unless you have had this medication or any of the ingredients before?

Regarding people with allergies to certain things being warned not to have the Pfizer vaccine injection at the present time, I wonder if they will be given a full list of what goes into it – in words that the general public can understand - so that they will know if it will be dangerous for them.
monkey hanger likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:19   #1445
Beacon of light

dotti, as you say...sometimes you do not know you are allergic to something until you have it.

When I was working there were certain vaccines that we were strongly encouraged to have.
We were always made to wait in the Nurses home for twenty minutes after the injection to ensure that we did not suffer a reaction.....though if we had done, then the Docs would have to hurry to the nurses home to deal with you.

As for finding out what goes into the Pfizer jab....I don't think we will be told that...but it has Polyethylene glycol in it and it suggested that 70% of people will have some reaction to this.

I have read that the trials of the vaccine being developed by the University of Queensland have been suspended because of adverse reactions to it.

But for the trusting souls....you can have my dose too if you want.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:24   #1446
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

nowt to do with trust i reckon this vaccine beats the hell outa covid if yer unlucky enough to get it. simple as.
taddy likes this.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:44   #1447
Beacon of light

Cashy, you must trust it or you would not have it...and as I have said before...you do what is best for yourself.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:08   #1448
God Member

mentioning allergies, i really doubt there are many of us about who have not got one or more. her in the kitchen is bad if she touches nettles. i cannot eat bananas or garlic without being sick shortly after. if i,d never eaten these i would not know. how many other things could affect me that i have not come into contact with yet.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:15   #1449
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, you must trust it or you would not have it...and as I have said before...you do what is best for yourself.
why? i think my odds are better having it and probably will give me more choice, my going away will not be knackered.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:34   #1450
Beacon of light

As I said Cashy, you do what supports your views and your life.....but if you did NOT trust this vaccine....if you thought it might do you harm, then I am sure you are savvy enough to decide otherwise.

We all do what is best for us....and I get that you wish to have the freedom to travel.

I have no desire to fly off anywhere....and my level of trust in what we are told(based on the lies that we have been fed since all this began) is very low.
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:45   #1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
mentioning allergies, i really doubt there are many of us about who have not got one or more. her in the kitchen is bad if she touches nettles. i cannot eat bananas or garlic without being sick shortly after. if i,d never eaten these i would not know. how many other things could affect me that i have not come into contact with yet.
Thirty odd years ago I was prescribed Salbutamol for a chest infection,after taking the first couple of them Hazel seemed to notice a glazed look in my eyes and a change in my personality, she followed me into the kitchen and watched as I picked up a knife and for no reason hurled it at the kitchen wall where it bounced off in stuck into a bowl of fruit.
After getting me to lie down for a while, (I actually fell asleep), she asked me if I could remember the incident; "what incident", I asked, I did not remember a thing about it
After getting an emergency appointment with my G.P. (who I knew personally), His only comment was " Mick, It does effect some people that way, stop taking the Salbutamol and make a note to tell anyone who asks that you are alergic to it. The fact that I could well have murdered Hazel without having any recollection of it was frightening.
He remained my G.P. and friend until he retired but I made a point of reminding him of the incident for many years after.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:59   #1452
Beacon of light

I have a number of allergies...mainly to antibiotics....but you do not know what you are allergic to until it is given to you.
Obviously, I alert medical staff to these allergies....so my risks are moderated.
Old 11-12-2020, 13:13   #1453

Yes, Margaret, trials of the vaccine that was being developed by the University of Queensland have been abandoned and the contract for the supply of fifty-one million doses ordered by the Government has been terminated. This vaccine contained a very small amount of HIV protein and there have been some false positive HIV test results in a number of trial participants..

It has been emphasised that these ARE false readings and the health of the participants has not been put at risk. A statement was issued that the government was worried that public confidence could slip and do not want to risk Australians rejecting having the jab out of HIV fears – despite these being false positives. So they will not be using this particular vaccine.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 13:45   #1454
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

so they have been passed in Canada and Merkel says Germany will be passed by xmas are all countries telling lies? somehow i doubt it.
Old 11-12-2020, 14:39   #1455
Beacon of light

Cashy....did I say they were telling lies?
They just are not telling the whole story.....it is not in their interests to do so.

Remember ALL these drug companies have legal protection against being sued....immunity against litigation.....and that immunity is 100% Cashy.

Which drug companies have had their vaccines passed for use in Canada and Germany??

It certainly is not Glaxo Smith Kline as their current vaccine is not set to be released until the end of 2021 because it does not provoke an immune response in the older person....the target group.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..