Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2020, 14:39   #1471
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

that matters not i wanted to know if i had heard correct?
Old 13-12-2020, 15:38   #1472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy...I know that placental development will not be an issue for you.
After counting the letters in Placental, I realised that there are exactly the same number as Hobgoblin; Will they both have the same development issues. (just a thought).
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 16:09   #1473
Beacon of light

I doubt it Taddy....not in your lifetime anyway!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 17:35   #1474
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that matters not i wanted to know if i had heard correct?
still no answer, now that does suprise me.
Old 13-12-2020, 18:49   #1475
Beacon of light

Cashy, was that directed to me? Or was it to D in G?
If it was to me, then I am not entirely sure what the question was.
I do not know what you have heard.....
You know that I answer questions(if I know the answer, that is....if I don’t then I go away and look) promptly.
Old 13-12-2020, 18:59   #1476
Beacon of light

See my post 1469....and I did ask you if that was what you meant.
If you were asking if all of the Covid vaccines are the same....well, then the answer to that is no they aren’t.
The Oxford vaccine is a recombinant vaccine....as far as I am aware most of the others are
Modified messenger RNA vaccines.(this is true of the Moderna vaccine which is looking like it will get authorisation in the US very soon)
I can’t tell you what the Russian Sputnik vaccine is as there is little information about it...likewise the Chinese vaccine.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
Old 13-12-2020, 19:09   #1477
Beacon of light

The Chinese vaccine uses inactivated particles of viral proteins to stimulate an immune response...the Sputnik is a recombinant vaccine like the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine which is why there is talk of combining the two.
The advantages of the Sputnik and the Astra Zeneca and the Chinese vaccine is that they need just a normal refrigerator to store them.
Now that is as much as I know....but you have made your choice, so it is all academic anyway.
Old 14-12-2020, 10:06   #1478
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
No, not all vaccines are given indemnity from litigation....unless of course you mean that are all Covid Vaccines immune from litigation and the answer to that is YES...of course they are, but that is the only way that they are similar.

And for you have said that long term consequences h@ve no fear for you because of your age, but for younger people we cannot know what the long term consequences will be.
The biggest worry for women will be any effect that it may have on their fertility.
There is some concern that it may affect the development of the placenta....and until there is more information about the safety in relation to this, then it may reduce the take up of the vaccine.
everyone will do what they reckon is the best for them cant see owt wrong with that at all.
Old 14-12-2020, 10:25   #1479
Beacon of light

No, neither can I. And I have said that numerous times.

Did I answer your query though?
Was that the answer you were looking for or was it something else?
Old 14-12-2020, 13:02   #1480
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
No, neither can I. And I have said that numerous times.

Did I answer your query though?
Was that the answer you were looking for or was it something else?
no i probably didnt put it right, what i was asking was did yeh see the debate i was on about which stated that this vaccine was similar to some previous ones which is why it was done so quickly. it said loads of other stuff but i cant sodding remember what lol, neither you nor i will change our minds on what we will do thats a knocking bet. i gather obviously you never saw it then.
Old 14-12-2020, 15:11   #1481
Beacon of light

I did not see the debate and this vaccine is not like many others in that it has NEVER been used on humans before.
So, not like other vaccines other than it is a jab and it goes in your arm.
It is a modified messenger RNA vaccine and this will be the very first time it has been administered to humans.
The question you posed was not clear and I did not know what you were asking.

For people to make informed choices they need to have the appropriate information and right now that cannot be supplied effectively as the scientists who formulated it have no idea what it might do in the long term.
But to big Pharma that dfoesn't matter too much..if it makes people ill or causes long term problems then it is just more cash in their accounts.
Now that might sound cynical but if I am going to be having something that has unkonwn long term effects( and that long term means maybe five years away) than...well...You cannot balance risks you know nothing about, that scientists do not know about...but guess it is all going to be alright. No not for me thank you very much...and for an infection that had a 99.2% recovery rate.
But for those who have weighed these issues and are happy with them...then go for it.
Old 14-12-2020, 17:05   #1482
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

it said something like the ingredients or summat had been used in other viruses ,so basically they had a good start,sorry my memories crap and cant remember much of it. by the way these were independant of those that worked for them
Old 14-12-2020, 17:15   #1483
Beacon of light

difficult to comment on what you heard when I did not hear it myself....and that you cannot remember much of the details(that is what getting older does to you)

I have read a lot about the vaccines(some of it from the former CEO of Pfizer...and other medically qualified eminent people)...and what I have read does not inspire me.

But that is Ok...because the more people who have the vaccine then the less risk there is to me...and if those who have the vaccine are happy to have it, then that is also fine...because I will be no risk to them because their vaccine shield protects them from anything that I might(or might not) have.

I just do not want those who have the vaccine to get antsy about me and those like me who have no desire to be vaccinated...or to see us as selfish...because we are not that at all...and pose no risk by remaining unvaccinated.

i am less afraid of Covid than I am of the vaccine.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 14-12-2020 at 17:20.
Old 14-12-2020, 17:49   #1484
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

i am less afraid of Covid than I am of the vaccine.
that im afraid is one of the daftest comments i have ever heard.and i dont base that on any vaccine at all.
Old 14-12-2020, 18:54   #1485
Senior Member+

My cousin who lives in Poulton le Fylde and is 84 had the vaccine last Friday afternoon.
This afternoon (Monday) he told me that as yet he has no reactions. I'm 82 in February and when I get the invite to have the vaccine I will more than likely go ahead and have one. Then again I might?????

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..