Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 16:56   #1
God Member

Could Greg Wield the Knife?

I was surprised to see Greg Pope's name mentioned on a blog post. Apparently somebody overheard his name being mentioned by Nick Brown the Labour Chief Whip, whilst on the phone in a panic about Labour MPs unrest at Gordon remaining leader of the party.

Greg Pope hasn't shied away from heaping criticism on the Prime Minister. One of his latest blog posts openly calls for Gordon Brown to go, for the good of the country and his party.

He's right, there is a much higher chance of the gap narrowing in the polls if the prospect of 5 more years of Gordon could disappear.

I wonder if Greg and the group of MPs that feel the same have it in them.
Old 03-01-2010, 17:53   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Could Greg Wield the Knife?

Is appalling spelling a Conservative trait, even when it's attempting to spin a story, based on an overheard telephone conversation on a train?

Plus the quote starts with one quotation mark, and ends with two. Very novel.

theose who will 'soldier and those who want him out" (sic)

The dreadful spelling mistakes on our council leader's c.v. and website, were only discussed here last week, and now this further evidence of Tory sloppiness.

A little less eavesdropping, and a little more time spent on accuracy, might be time well spent, if wanting to win people's trust.

'Ask me my three main priorities for government, and I tell you: education, education, education.'
-Tony Blair (13-05-07)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 18:05   #3
Give, give, give member

Gorgeous merchandise, by the way.

Hooded Sweatshirt > I <3 Tory Bear!

When you've had your bath Andrew, pop your li'l fleecy Tory Bear hoodie on, and come and say goodnight to us all, before you pop up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire.

You've been such a good boy, I'm sure we'll all want to hug you in your li'l cute hoodie.

Old 03-01-2010, 21:21   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Is appalling spelling a Conservative trait,
There is a little program that all Tory's can get for their touch screen 'phones

You may have seen it advertised:-

Fed up correcting your own spelling mistakes? Get Andrewb to copy it to accyweb he's got an Oik for that!

see below

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 22:57   #5
Senior Member+

In do not agree with Greg. Disagreement yes, but hostility no. Skinner does not always agree but I am sure his mobile no. is not passed around the whips office.

I even heard left wing union boss Tony Woodley say to Gordons face at a Unite do, I don't agree with some of the things but I won't undermine a Labour Government or Labour Prime Minister because that gives people the wrong message what we are about. I think that is true.

Of course Andrew, you always seem to support every Labour maverick and always seem to delight in bringing up your judicious support for Labour mavericks hostile the Government.

Posted from mobile.

Last edited by g jones; 03-01-2010 at 22:59.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 23:05   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

andrew also supported that davies knobhead, so shows ya how he gets off, to me its the young trying to make himself a name.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:29   #7
Senior Member+

Quite agree about Davies. I was glad it was in effect uncontested and tarnished a self indulgent individual.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
In do not agree with Greg. Disagreement yes, but hostility no. Skinner does not always agree but I am sure his mobile no. is not passed around the whips office.

I even heard left wing union boss Tony Woodley say to Gordons face at a Unite do, I don't agree with some of the things but I won't undermine a Labour Government or Labour Prime Minister because that gives people the wrong message what we are about. I think that is true.

Of course Andrew, you always seem to support every Labour maverick and always seem to delight in bringing up your judicious support for Labour mavericks hostile the Government.

Posted from mobile.
Over to you Rindi
Old 04-01-2010, 09:36   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Over to you Rindi
Not unsuprisingly most people shorten my username to Rindy.

I rest my case.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:51   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Not unsuprisingly most people shorten my username to Rindy.

I rest my case.

I'm not most people, I feel your a special case worthy of two i not an i and a y
Old 04-01-2010, 10:06   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm not most people, I feel your a special case worthy of two i not an i and a y
Awww, it's nice being 'special'.

'Special Needs Teacher, Hywdburn'
BBC NEWS | VOTE 2001 | CANDIDATES

Old 04-01-2010, 10:32   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

Posted from mobile.
I find no qualm in stating if I agree with somebody who is thinking independently of the party machine, even Labour MPs. I find somebody capable of speaking out about their beliefs quite admirable. All credit to Mr Pope for speaking his own mind rather than that of the party leadership.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:46   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Awww, it's nice being 'special'.

'Special Needs Teacher, Hywdburn'
BBC NEWS | VOTE 2001 | CANDIDATES
It brings a smile to my face every time I read that, couldn't have been bettered if it had been a labour spoof on wiki!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:31   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I can't believe the BBC could get it so wrong. Whoever entered that tosh into the website needs a slap
Old 04-01-2010, 20:32   #15
Senior Member+

The BBC have corrected it? Something in the air?

I remember an online poll in AccOb where 92% thought negatively of Clr Dobsons lucky dice and wo and behold one computer in 24 hours votes 400 times and suddenly 92% drops to 30 odd%.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..