Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 21:13   #91
God Member

Re: Council Tax 2008/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Anybody who has something constructive to say I grant you, all you are doing on this thread is trying to ridicule Garinda!!!
Is that a sin in your book?..............He's a big boy and can look after himself............Ridicule is probably something you can't see through.
Look at the thread from the very first page and see where it starts to deteriate......In your eyes it may be an attempt to ridicule Garinda but if everyone thought in a nieve way that you do, you would have us all believing that what Garinda say's should be taken on board as gospel.
We can laugh, we can cry, but most of all we despair.
A campaign for good or bad is relient on what can be done to resolve a situation and all the screaming or shouting on Accyweb will not resolve anything....I'ts alright being a 'Big Man' on here but really, is anyone taking any notice?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-06-2008, 21:22   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Is that a sin in your book?..............He's a big boy and can look after himself............Ridicule is probably something you can't see through.
Look at the thread from the very first page and see where it starts to deteriate......In your eyes it may be an attempt to ridicule Garinda but if everyone thought in a nieve way that you do, you would have us all believing that what Garinda say's should be taken on board as gospel.
We can laugh, we can cry, but most of all we despair.
A campaign for good or bad is relient on what can be done to resolve a situation and all the screaming or shouting on Accyweb will not resolve anything....I'ts alright being a 'Big Man' on here but really, is anyone taking any notice?
I have been following the thread from the first page and Garinda has raised some good points about how HBC have wasted a hell of a lot of money that if used correctly could have been used to avoid the rise in concil tax. I do not think in a naive way I look at the facts put before me. If anybody is trying to be the "Big Man" it is you.
We have had some good costructive arguements as to why OUR council tax could have been kept lower, have you got any counter arguments to show me this wasn't possible???
Old 09-06-2008, 21:42   #93
God Member

Quote:
I have been following the thread from the first page and Garinda has raised some good points about how HBC have wasted a hell of a lot of money that if used correctly could have been used to avoid the rise in concil tax. I do not think in a naive way I look at the facts put before me. If anybody is trying to be the "Big Man" it is you.
We have had some good costructive arguements as to why OUR council tax could have been kept lower, have you got any counter arguments to show me this wasn't possible???
What is the use of putting the arguements forward on here?
Vote for the council you want...dont scream after you have been defeated by the majority vote.
I notice the shout 'OUR' . It was 'our' when you were wearing nappies and Garinda was'nt even born.

Old 09-06-2008, 21:45   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
What is the use of putting the arguements forward on here?
Vote for the council you want...dont scream after you have been defeated by the majority vote.
I notice the shout 'OUR' . It was 'our' when you were wearing nappies and Garinda was'nt even born.
As I thought you have no counter arguements to offer.
Old 09-06-2008, 21:49   #95
God Member

Quote:
As I thought you have no counter arguements to offer.
Here endeth the first lesson.

Old 09-06-2008, 22:28   #96
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I have been following the thread from the first page and Garinda has raised some good points about how HBC have wasted a hell of a lot of money that if used correctly could have been used to avoid the rise in concil tax.
I do think HBC have wasted a lot of our money. I'm sure they think it grows on trees, and isn't the result of people's hard earned wages.

Half a million here, half a million there. Broadway's refurbishment being another example, which will have been a total waste of money if the new plans for the town centre go ahead.

I do think it a bit rich that a student who has never actually paid council tax, delights in telling us what good value for money the council is. I'm more inclined to listen to the views of someone who has to pay a large proportion of their wages out in council tax, and for them to decide if we are getting good value in services.

My stance isn't political, as I've said many times before on here the best borough I ever lived in for services, and paid council tax in, was Tory run Wandsworth. It was also the cheapest borough in the country, though being the flagship council for the then Conservative government probably helped a bit with keeping the the costs down, as they literally threw money at us.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 22:29   #97
Give, give, give member

Forward planning, for the real benefit of the people who live here, only seems to stretch as far as the next election.

Old 09-06-2008, 22:38   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Forward planning, for the real benefit of the people who live here, only seems to stretch as far as the next election.
In Local and General Elections this appears to be the case
Old 09-06-2008, 22:48   #99
God Member

Still people will not give credit to HBC for a 45% increase beating the national average by 55%. I am happy to admit where HBC have gone wrong, waiting on information about Hyndburn Life, and spying powers. Garinda, if you didn't know, houses pay council tax unless all residents are full time students.
Old 09-06-2008, 22:59   #100
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Still people will not give credit to HBC for a 45% increase beating the national average by 55%.
Thats politics for you. The Labour supporters cant admit that the Torys may have done something good. All they will do is point out what they have done wrong.

The same works the other way around of course.
Old 09-06-2008, 23:10   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thats politics for you. The Labour supporters cant admit that the Torys may have done something good. All they will do is point out what they have done wrong.

The same works the other way around of course.
I am not a supporter of either party in fact in the local elections I vote for the councillor who offers in my eyes the most help in the ward that I live in and for the last two elections my vote has gone to the Tory councillor.
Old 09-06-2008, 23:54   #102
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Garinda, if you didn't know, houses pay council tax unless all residents are full time students.
I do know. I've been paying it, and it's predecessor the Poll Tax, since before you were born.

When I lived in Wandsworth, low council tax, high level of services.

Hyndburn not so, I'm afraid.

Old 10-06-2008, 00:25   #103
Give, give, give member

I can honestly say that having lived and paid council tax to four different local authorities, Lambeth, Wandsworth, Glasgow, and Hyndburn, Hyndburn is the most expensive, weighed against the level of services which are provided, and the one which seems to fritter away their revenue most freely.

Old 10-06-2008, 00:27   #104
Give, give, give member

...so in my own little poll, it comes out bottom of the list.

Old 10-06-2008, 00:32   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I can honestly say that having lived and paid council tax to four different local authorities, Lambeth, Wandsworth, Glasgow, and Hyndburn, Hyndburn is the most expensive, weighed against the level of services which are provided, and the one which seems to fritter away their revenue most freely.
rindy mate yer wasting yer breath, some only believe what they want too. n will never accept ya aint being political.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..