Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2013, 12:30   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Council Tax Support Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Move to where, how many one bedroom properties are there, other than crappy flat conversions, with cardboard walls, and yobs for neighbours, every house built in the housing boom in the 1890/1900's in Accrington had at least two bedrooms, all the new estates that have gone up in the past 40 years are mostly 3 bedrooms.
So if you've been hard working all your life, your children have moved on, your spouse has died, you are condemmed to the slums, for still having two bedrooms.
This applies to rental properties, so if you own your home there will be no change...well at present anyway...though there was some proposal that people could be made to sell their porperty and downsize to smaller accommodation by raising the council tax levels to unaffordable levels.......don't know who made the proposal, or whether it died a death...my thoughts are that it lurks somewhere quietly waiting for a time to reappear.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2013, 12:32   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
So if you've been hard working all your life, your children have moved on, your spouse has died, you are condemmed to the slums, for still having two bedrooms.
Indeed, I have mentioned before, I was moved to my present address due to my home being compulsorily purchase.
At the time I had asked to be moved to a one bedroom property, being practical, I would have one less room to ignore cleaning.
I was told that all one bedroom properties are reserved for disabled folk, fair enough, was offered a choice of three, two bedroomed terraced properties so it isn't even my fault I have a room spare, I can't rent it out, it would effect my tenancy and benefits. Catch 22.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 12:41   #18
God Member

dont forget people, if youve paid for 30 years double check because you might be 5 years short.
Old 20-01-2013, 13:37   #19
Beacon of light

You can get a pension forecast check at any time by contating the DWP
Old 20-01-2013, 17:06   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
don't think so go .through it with a tooth coombe and you will get the truth as you wont believe me everybody is worse off if you've got a private pension your even more worse off.

you go through things with a fine tooth comb (whats a coombe) you don't even look at the crap links you put on here ya prat
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 21:35   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post

you go through things with a fine tooth comb (whats a coombe) you don't even look at the crap links you put on here ya prat
Thats a real illustration of "The Kettle calling the Pan"
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 20-01-2013, 23:10   #22
God Member

but seriously check it out people are thinking theyve paid enough only to be told they are short.
Old 20-01-2013, 23:16   #23
God Member

and ill be working till im 67 its a joke when people on here say its alright what the tories are doing.also feel sorry for the people who have paid into private pensions but get even less returns under the new rules.
Old 21-01-2013, 08:22   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
and ill be working till im 67 its a joke when people on here say its alright what the tories are doing.also feel sorry for the people who have paid into private pensions but get even less returns under the new rules.
Raising the retirement age would have been raised even with a Labour Government, you never think things through do you, people are living, on average 10 years longer that they did when the pensions were first introduced, raising the retirement age was first muted by Tony Blair, but was yet another thing neither he or Gordon had the bottle to introduce especially when they knew they would be removed from office, As for Private Pensions, seems your forgetting that Gordon when Chancellor, robbed Private pension funds to pay for his lavish spending sprees, you can have it both ways
Old 21-01-2013, 08:26   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That's a real illustration of "The Kettle calling the Pan":rofl 38::rofl 38::rofl 38::rofl 38::rofl 38:
I don't put quotes from newspapers without any argument attached, Cmon only ever puts in links, which to be honest I always thought was not allowed under site rules, that what I was once told when I did it a few years ago, yet Cmon gets away with it every day
Old 21-01-2013, 10:02   #26
Beacon of light

Quote:
but seriously check it out people are thinking theyve paid enough only to be told they are short.
You will surely know if you have taken time out from work....like a woman who suspends her career or job to look after family....if you have been claiming a benefit of any kind because you couldn't work then you will have your contributions up to date.
I took 18 months out to look after my daughter when she was a baby, but at the end of my career I still had 38years and six months of contribution paid into the system.
Old 21-01-2013, 15:16   #27
God Member

Quote:
this is in conjunction with the empty bedroom that anybody has.i can see a lot of people having to move house.
i can see a lot of people choosing between eating or paying their rent and council tax so if they eat they face prison for failure to pay and bailifs taking what little they have or eviction from their landlords.This little nuggart of vennom comes along on top of the increase in gas and electricity its as thuogh this government is trying to kill off the less fortunate to save money

these are the issues are local MP should be fighting tooth and nail for not scrap metal theft and getting upset at google

as it stands now thanx to previous and current government you are scum if you smoke, a drain on the NHS if you drink and a scrounger if you are ill or cant find work

how much do we shovel abroad each year to coutries that dont need it and wasnt it increased ?

its ok raising foreign aid so others dont suffer but when government starts screwing its own people into teh floor to fund it then thats taking the urine

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 21-01-2013 at 15:21.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..