Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2007, 22:23   #136
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
I am amazed that you continue to maintain an hawkish eye over this thread. It must leave you immensely bored.
I can't speak for Neil but I find the content to be boring but the attitude with which it is applied is absolutely fascinating.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2007, 22:24   #137
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I am not interested in personal telephone numbers. After all, I am not seeking a date or some such.
Sorry that was my poor attempt at humour.
Old 29-03-2007, 22:25   #138
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I can't speak for Neil but I find the content to be boring but the attitude with which it is applied is absolutely fascinating.
It's ok mate you speak for me. I keep getting slapped when I speak for myself
Old 29-03-2007, 22:27   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's ok mate you speak for me. I keep getting slapped when I speak for myself
Tell me whose slapping you and we'll get them at playtime.
Old 29-03-2007, 22:35   #140
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I don't think gondola will turn up at playtime (Saturday night ) well if he/she does they wont introduce them self.
Old 29-03-2007, 22:48   #141

Quote:
I don't think gondola will turn up at playtime (Saturday night ) well if he/she does they wont introduce them self.
Perhaps by then the Observer will have done a full expose on him and we'll finally find out who 'deep throat' really is?
Old 29-03-2007, 22:49   #142
I am Banned

Ianto,

I refer to your post (135). It is a question I have been asking myself. I note from the Accrington Observer today that Mr Britcliffe is astounded and appalled that Councillor Jones is raising the awareness of some issues at the time of the elections. Frankly, I cannot think of a better time for such issues to be raised. After all, it is about the only time such matters get taken seriously by political parties since they are keen to secure votes. What exactly does Mr Britcliffe want the voting public to be exposed to, if not issues that affect them directly?

Since Mr Britcliffe insists it is not good form to discuss such matters, I shall turn my attention to something entirely different. How about the merits of Mr Kazi as the next Mayor of Hyndburn, which I understand he is seeking to become.

Here is my view. I cannot think of a more appalling nomination. I jest not.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 22:54   #143
I am Banned

Neil,

You are right. I shall not be attending on Saturday. Perhaps because I shall be too busy detailing my personal life to the Observer for the 'expose'
Old 29-03-2007, 22:58   #144
I am Banned

Incidentally, I think Councillor Jones is conspicuous by his absence. I hope he has not received a slap on the wrists by the 'cleaners'?
Old 30-03-2007, 04:55   #145
God Member

The role of Mayor, the council leadership, and for that matter the whole council should be abolished and replaced by a “People's Protectorate”… this committee would have the power to bring to book anyone who’s actions are not deemed to be in line with the overall good of the people (what is deemed to be for the good of the people will be decided by the said committee).

At this juncture I humbly put myself forward as the Chairman of the People's Protectorate of Accrington.

Last edited by Mancie; 30-03-2007 at 04:59.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 06:11   #146
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
The role of Mayor, the council leadership, and for that matter the whole council should be abolished and replaced by a “People's Protectorate”… this committee would have the power to bring to book anyone who’s actions are not deemed to be in line with the overall good of the people (what is deemed to be for the good of the people will be decided by the said committee).

At this juncture I humbly put myself forward as the Chairman of the People's Protectorate of Accrington.
, Mancie has been on the Stones Ginger wine (told you it was good stuff) and listening to Gilbert and Sullivan , can I apply for the position of Lord High Executioner (one lying thieving snivelling politician a week is all I ask)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 07:04   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
, Mancie has been on the Stones Ginger wine (told you it was good stuff) and listening to Gilbert and Sullivan , can I apply for the position of Lord High Executioner (one lying thieving snivelling politician a week is all I ask)
Any ideas about who the first one politician to get the chop should be.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 08:21   #148
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
How about the merits of Mr Kazi as the next Mayor of Hyndburn, which I understand he is seeking to become.
I personally see the role of Mayor as unnecessary and quite frankly a waste of public money.

Maybe you or someone else could enlighten me as to the purpose and worth of having a Mayor.
Old 30-03-2007, 08:50   #149

Quote:
I personally see the role of Mayor as unnecessary and quite frankly a waste of public money.

Maybe you or someone else could enlighten me as to the purpose and worth of having a Mayor.
So that we can block Broadway with a fairground ride and thus prevent the shopkeepers on there from making any profit, after all we don't want a thriving town centre do we?
Old 30-03-2007, 09:00   #150
God Member

Quote:
Bored Neil,

I am not interested in personal telephone numbers. After all, I am not seeking a date or some such. Nor I suspect is Gayle.

I am amazed that you continue to maintain an hawkish eye over this thread. It must leave you immensely bored.
Gondola, lighten up - Neil was joking and if you'd care to read any other threads you'll see that there is plenty of banter that flies around.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..