Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2007, 14:56   #211
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
W I wouldnt start on Less if u know whats good for u or your visit here might be cut short
Now, Now mel don't make threats against the uninformed leave them in the dark it's where they aught to be, (you know I don't use things against people, (cough, cough)).

Besides you look better when you smile.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2007, 14:57   #212
I am Banned

Who the buggery are you Gondola???? You the admin ??? As far as Accyweb is concerned Roy is owner & there are moderators to keep law & order ..... i dont recall you being one!!!

Blimey control freak alert!!!!!!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 14:58   #213
Senior Member+

Signed off again.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 14:59   #214
Beacon of light

I have read this thread through from start to finish (yawn)....what is it all about? GOK.......I think I must be losing the plot.
I keep on waiting for the revelation that Gondola promised us early on......but nothing has appeared so far....well, except very petty insults and Gondola answering his own questions before anyone else can respond.......Gondola.....if you know the answers before you ask the question....then don't bother with the question.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 15:00   #215
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Now, Now mel don't make threats against the uninformed leave them in the dark it's where they aught to be, (you know I don't use things against people, (cough, cough)).

Besides you look better when you smile.
Awwwwww : thats for you Less

As for 'IT' well i dont think he got it anyway - his ego is too big to engage the brain
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 15:01   #216
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have read this thread through from start to finish (yawn)....what is it all about? GOK.......I think I must be losing the plot.
I keep on waiting for the revelation that Gondola promised us early on......but nothing has appeared so far....well, except very petty insults and Gondola answering his own questions before anyone else can respond.......Gondola.....if you know the answers before you ask the question....then don't bother with the question.
I completely agree this is exactly what i was thinking whilst reading the whole thread!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 15:01   #217
Beacon of light

Oh and BTW Gondola.....we may not be riveted by your revelations, but you need to read a thread before you can judge whether it is dross or not.
Old 30-03-2007, 15:05   #218
I am Banned

I see the Siddique brigade is out in full force. No wonder Hyndburn has gone to ruin.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 15:07   #219
Beacon of light

Who, exactly are the Siddique brigade then Gondola?....since you know ALL the answers perhaps you will enlighten us.
Old 30-03-2007, 15:11   #220
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
If this thread offers you nothing then go to one that does.
It offers plenty, I like it when people make fools of themselves and start annoying all the other forum members. The outcome is often quite interesting.
Old 30-03-2007, 15:17   #221
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
I see the Siddique brigade is out in full force. No wonder Hyndburn has gone to ruin.

Did you mean Siddiqui? by any chance?

Hyndburn isn't in ruins the great majority of people on here love, (better definition), Accrington and surrounding districts, but before strangers pull it apart, (please feel free to include yourself in that), we will pull it apart in the hopes of rebuilding it.
We may call our Councillors but they are our Councillors, as misguided as they may appear, we will sort them out in PLAIN LANGUAGE!

We do not need the muddy waters inherited by them and us stirred by such a self centred little Stick! (Spell checker please I'm sure the word I'm looking for begins with Google Page Ranking, not St ).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 15:23   #222
God Member

pmsfl....oh how i love the honesty you come out with les
Old 30-03-2007, 15:49   #223
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I have to agree with Margaret. I started reading this thread because I was bored (and I'll do anything to avoid housework ).

I have to admit that I have gained nothing from this thread, except, the loss of my will to live.

On reading Gondola's indecipherable and over-worded posts, I can only conclude that he/she has not told us anything of any substance. I have to congratulate Ianto for gamely trying to elicit some form of discussion from this thread.

I also need to thank uncle Less for making me laugh....

I'm off to the calm room for a bit now, maybe the 'free for a trial period' lobotomies, which are currently on offer, will restore my desire for life.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 15:54   #224
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Who the buggery are you Gondola???? You the admin ??? As far as Accyweb is concerned Roy is owner & there are moderators to keep law & order ..... i dont recall you being one!!!

Blimey control freak alert!!!!!!!!

Phew! Thank goodness for that. I was beginning to wonder if Roy had sold AccyWeb out from under us.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 16:27   #225

Unhappy Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

In my humble but honest opinion, there are may Councillors who are fit for purpose, and many who aren't. The only way to sort it out is at the ballot box on election day. No amount of threats, or rumour mongering will force them to resign, especially after the 20% pay rise they awarded themselves some time ago. However, there are some councillors who refused to accept it, and some who don't accept any allowances. They should be aplauded.

Peter Britcliffe keeps going on about a deficit he 'inherited' from the previous labour administration. However, this seems to be anything from £1.8 million to £2 million pounds, yet he will not substanciate his allegations with hard facts. WHY? Furthermore, the ruling tory group recently hijacked the labour group plans to offer free and reduced sports and leisure, then claimed to the press it was there idea. Will they stop at nothing to gain votes?

Maybe if more independants put their names forward, free of political ties, more people could ( or maybe not ) begin to trust them.

This is my opinion, and only my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree. (No doubt some will).
accysimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..