Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2007, 21:17   #286
I am Banned

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
Accymel wrote: ‘’So make your mind up is this about the taxi licencing thread issue or about the councillors being fit for purpose’’

Those Councillors that voted in favour are not fit for purpose in my considered view. Thus this thread is a suitable platform for discussion of both since there is a clear correlation between the two issues.
Of course theres a correlation between the two [obviously] so why discuss the both on here then when there is a thread for the taxi licencing topic
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2007, 21:19   #287
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What makes you presume that any of us on here have not written to those responsible for the reprehensible decisions that have been fully discussed in another thread?
MP,

I am not asserting that others have not addressed the issue. Clearly Claytonenders efforts serve as proof to to offset such a claim.

I agree with Claytonender however, that impediments shall be admitted by those that have something to conceal here, and it is only by overcoming those impediments that a satisfactory answer shall be made available. Hence the need to exert further pressure.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 21:22   #288
I am Banned

On a serious note - i think gondola should use clear PLAIN english so everyone can understand what the heck you are on about!!
Old 30-03-2007, 21:22   #289
I am Banned

''so why discuss the both on here''

Well, mindful of the inevitable overlap, and the reluctance of some on the other thread to discuss the political aspect, it was suggested to me to start a new thread. I merely responded to the requests.

I cheerfully encourage those that wish to discuss the failure of Councillors in arriving at a sensible decision in the first place, as well as the need to examine the reasons for the same.
Old 30-03-2007, 21:22   #290
Beacon of light

I think it is clear in the other thread that some of the members of this forum made their feelings known about the decisions to reinstate the Taxi licence of Mohammed Altaf to the appropriate people. So to categorise us all as 'fence sitters' is a generalisation which I find odious.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 21:25   #291
I am Banned

Quote:
''so why discuss the both on here''

Well, mindful of the inevitable overlap, and the reluctance of some on the other thread to discuss the political aspect, it was suggested to me to start a new thread. I merely responded to the requests.

I cheerfully encourage those that wish to discuss the failure of Councillors in arriving at a sensible decision in the first place, as well as the need to examine the reasons for the same.
I think you should re read your own quotes obviously not clear enough for yourself!! I shall re post it for you in bold - you actually asked nobody else did!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola
I think it unfair of me to hijack this thread with discussions not directly linked to the title of the thread. This may disenchant some of the readers.

Perhaps someone would care to direct me to a link or some such on how to create a new thread for purposes of setting up a separate discussion. Unless of course readers do not mind unrelated matters being discussed here.

Old 30-03-2007, 21:27   #292
I am Banned

MP,

It is about setting objectives to ensure the goal is achieved. If that is a balanced investigation to unearth the real reasons for the disgraceful decision, then perhaps thought be given to these objectives. How about setting up a petition to present to the Leader of the Council and Member Of Parliament?. At election time, such measures can have the desired impact.
Old 30-03-2007, 21:28   #293

They are also squandering our money, whilst the idea of 'Floral Market Towns' sounds attractive. The money that is being spent on that could have been spent on something much more useful - I know floral displays are very attractive but the borough is in a state of decay. I can liken PB to Nerohe is fiddling whilst Hyndburn burns.
The main shopping area of Accrington is still littered with pound shops, where is there a shop to buy decent shoes or stylish clothes for anyone over 30, the market is now an apology, compared to what it was. The plans to renovate the Market Hall are probably too late, people no longer think of coming to visit Accrington for its Market like they once did.
We do have some good shops in Warner Street and maybe the focus of the town centre should be there.

In the words of Oliver Cromwell, when he dismissed the Long Parliament -I quote to Peter Britcliffe
"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go"

Last edited by claytonender; 30-03-2007 at 21:32.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 21:31   #294
God Member

Quote:
MP,

It is about setting objectives to ensure the goal is achieved. If that is a balanced investigation to unearth the real reasons for the disgraceful decision, then perhaps thought be given to these objectives. How about setting up a petition to present to the Leader of the Council and Member Of Parliament?. At election time, such measures can have the desired impact.

Yes, how about setting up a petition - instead of trying to coerce someone from here into doing it why don't you do it yourself if you feel so strongly about it?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 21:31   #295
I am Banned

Accymel,

Look here. What on earth is your point. You are proving rather irritating. On the other thread you were insisting that I was discussing political issues, and now here you are telling me not to discuss matters.

If you want to give guidance on what to discuss on a thread, then set up your own and dictate the rules.

This thread, as Ianto has said, is for discussion of important matters. I am not going to get drowned in a debate about what has or has not been said about why this thread has been set up, since that amounts to petty squabbling. I am far too busy for that.
Old 30-03-2007, 21:35   #296
I am Banned

Gayle,

You decided to run for the position of Councillor once. Now, had you been elected, what would you have done about this matter?

Well, let me put it this way. There is nothing stopping you from doing the same without being a Councillor. I am restricted in what I am able to do. It is not out of a sense of complacency.
Old 30-03-2007, 21:37   #297
God Member

If I had been elected, PB would no longer be in power so quite likely this situation would not have arisen.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 21:37   #298
I am Banned

Quote:
Accymel,

Look here. What on earth is your point. You are proving rather irritating. On the other thread you were insisting that I was discussing political issues, and now here you are telling me not to discuss matters.

If you want to give guidance on what to discuss on a thread, then set up your own and dictate the rules.
Cough! Well seems i've got a lot of catching up to do then to beat you Do u do tuition on being irritating, using bullyboy tactics & patronising, then??
Old 30-03-2007, 21:39   #299
I am Banned

Quote:
I am restricted in what I am able to do. It is not out of a sense of complacency.
Why are you ????
Old 30-03-2007, 21:43   #300

If Gayle had been elected PB would have been a footnote in the history of Hynburn Borough Council.

This year, unfortuantely, the voters will only have the power to consign his party to the scrapheap. Hyndburn Borough Council are saddled with him, as a councillor for another 3 years. Unless he does what he did when he was a member of Lancashire County Council and resign his seat, without serving the full term he was elected for.

Last edited by claytonender; 30-03-2007 at 21:48.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..