Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 00:15   #391
Resting in peace

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I pm'd him last week after he'd asked for my email address - after I persisted because he wouldn't reply to me he eventually replied saying that he had considered sharing information with me but had decided against it in the end.

That was before he made the insinuations about me which he has refused to explain. So now we're back to square one and he's ignoring me again. I don't think it's worth me pm'ing him again on this new issue as he is well aware that I am waiting for his response.
I was not to know that Gayle my apologies, reading between the lines from the outside looking in methinks this new thread may be the nub of the subject, IE phoney benefit claims by certain people swept under the carpet in the name of political expediency, but then again this is only a calculated guess.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2007, 01:05   #392
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Well hopefully we can 'name and shame' an councillors concerned, even PB can not silence the all of Hyndburn. I know he will try but I think that is beyond the reach of his evil empire.
I think he's already been named claytonender, but shaming him is another rather difficult matter.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:21   #393
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You might get offered a lift to the polling station

I never take lifts from strangers.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:55   #394
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I pm'd him last week after he'd asked for my email address - after I persisted because he wouldn't reply to me he eventually replied saying that he had considered sharing information with me but had decided against it in the end.

That was before he made the insinuations about me which he has refused to explain. So now we're back to square one and he's ignoring me again. I don't think it's worth me pm'ing him again on this new issue as he is well aware that I am waiting for his response.
Gayle,
I think it was you that suggested to me it was bad forum etiquette to disclose the content of private messages. Yet, in your post you have done exactly that!
Since you have skewed the facts yet again, I feel it an opportune moment to set your post in context. You did not decide to send me a private message after a request for your email. That was later. In fact it was you that decided to send me a private message first, on the 24th of March, and did say as follows:
‘’Thing is that you've got so much of interest to add to this site that I'd hate for you to disappear ….. you obviously have inside information that we'd all love to debate so please stick around.’’
I responded thereafter. There are several others that have sent me private messages, but as someone of impeccable moral rectitude I would rather be hung, drawn and quartered from the Tower of London than disclose the content. You obviously have a different sense of ethics. I suspect you think it is a place near London.
I repeat my earlier assertion that ''You can never make someone understand something, when their job depends on not understanding it''.

It is my considered view that you are not keen to expose the real state of affairs that exist since it would serve to debase your role in the ‘community’
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:01   #395
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
but as someone of impeccable moral rectitude I would rather be hung, drawn and quartered from the Tower of London than disclose the content.

I know you think the rest of the world is stupid apart from yourself, but even I can see that is exactly what you just did.

I would suggest a trip to the Tower for you but I think they will have a job finding your head from so far up your own arse.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:05   #396
I am Banned

Lancsdave,

Clearly it has not registered. I only disclosed the content of Gayle's private message to me AFTER she incorrectly reported both the content and timing of our private exchanges. The only reason I disclosed it was to set the facts straight.

I don't see anyone else complaining that I have disclosed contents of private messages, do you? No, thought not.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:08   #397
God Member

Why do you ask a question and then answer yourself straight away ?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:13   #398
I am Banned

The question was a rhetorical one.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:14   #399
Resident Waffler

I think I probably shared Gayle's original sentiment when you first arrived Gondola because it seemed like you might have had something worthwhile to contribute to the forum. Unfortunately all you have done since then is ramble on and on, going round and round in ever decreasing circles. If you're not careful you'll soon be disappearing up your own rhetoric.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:15   #400
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Why do you ask a question and then answer yourself straight away ?
Or, another question to him might be why do you stick around and bother to post when you obviously hold everyone else in the world in such low contempt?

You do though don't you? Thought so.

Thanks for teaching me this answer your own question routine Gondy, I can now always get the answer I want.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34   #401
I am Banned

A question for Councillor Jones. He asserted that Mr Safdar’s affiliation to the Conservative Party was only known the day before the recent internal election. Yet this from the Observer yesterday:
’And Conservative candidate Mohammed Safdar, who is standing in Church, was a lifelong member of the Labour Party until around six months ago’’
Yes Councillors Jones, it states six months ago. Not the day before the internal election.
Care to offer an explanation or was the Labour Party really going to impose a candidate on the people of Central Ward that was with the Conservatives many months earlier?.
Either Councillor Jones is wrong or the Observer have got it wrong yet again.
Which is it my dear chap? If the latter, can you ask the Editor to amend it.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:42   #402
I am Banned

I think it imperative that I write to the Editor of the Observer (or have someone write on my behalf) requesting clarification of this issue, mindful of the comments made by Councillor Jones on this forum. I shall request that it be included in the letters section, since it is only right and proper that readers be exposed to the actual facts surrounding the election process before committing themselves to voting for a particular candidate.

Councillor Jones has given a version of events here, but the Observer continue to report something that is in stark contrast to this
Old 06-04-2007, 10:44   #403
Resident Waffler

I look forward to seeing your letter in the Obs Gondola.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45   #404
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
Gayle,
I responded thereafter. There are several others that have sent me private messages, but as someone of impeccable moral rectitude I would rather be hung, drawn and quartered from the Tower of London than disclose the content. You obviously have a different sense of ethics. I suspect you think it is a place near London.
I repeat my earlier assertion that ''You can never make someone understand something, when their job depends on not understanding it''.

It is my considered view that you are not keen to expose the real state of affairs that exist since it would serve to debase your role in the ‘community’
I think this says it all plonker - that i think your sole purpose is to wind up the councillor members of the site with bullcrap, which i dont beleive u have the evidence for, so couldnt be taken seriously in any other medium so desperately chose this one in hope slack tongues make light work for you !!!

Am i right or am i right
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:46   #405
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Am i right or am i right
Slight correction required here. It should say "Am I right. Thought So "

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..