Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 10:48   #406
I am Banned

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Gee i think Gondola thinks he's in the house of Commons already play acting Prime Mnisters Questions - BADLY & to ONESELF heheheheheehe
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2007, 10:49   #407
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Slight correction required here. It should say "Am I right. Thought So "
****** ..... i forgot that .....darn shall do my lines answer every question i ask with ...thought so X 100
Old 06-04-2007, 10:56   #408
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
****** ..... i forgot that .....darn shall do my lines answer every question i ask with ...thought so X 100
The art of rhetorical questioning is not to allow the respondent the chance to answer but to state the answer in asking the question.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:57   #409
I am Banned

Well, everything is on track so far as regards releasing information into the public domain. There are several others from this forum and elsewhere who are equally dedicated to ensuring the facts go public before the elections in May.
Readers on here may seek to reject the claims for now. But when the facts change, change with them.
The elections may take an unexpected twist or two. It reminds me of some Shakespearean verse;
Oft expectations fail,
And most oft there,
where most they promise not to,
And oft they hit,
Where hope is coldest and despair most fits.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:02   #410
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
Well, everything is on track so far as regards releasing information into the public domain. There are several others from this forum and elsewhere who are equally dedicated to ensuring the facts go public before the elections in May.
Readers on here may seek to reject the claims for now. But when the facts change, change with them.
Note the word highlighted ^^ claims erm does not mean FACT then - thought so!!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:03   #411
I am Banned

Some more from the Observer:
Labour leader Councillor Jones sais: ‘’It just goes to show that ministers do care about places like Hyndburn and are very interested in what’s going on’’

If only such interest permeated through the minds of the Councillors of Hyndburn, save one or two like Councillor Pritchard.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:05   #412
I am Banned

Gondola i take it you want to win the Hyndburn seat in this years elections yourself - thought so & you are prepared to go to any lengths like the paparazzi in order to do it - thought so. You are not prepared to let the voting public know YOUR intentions in improving Hyndburn except dissing down your contenders 1st without your own purpose being discussed - thought so!

Last edited by accymel; 06-04-2007 at 11:08.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:18   #413
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
There are several others from this forum and elsewhere who are equally dedicated to ensuring the facts go public before the elections in May.
I think just about everyone one here is dedicated to the facts going public except you.

Quote:
We, the members of accyweb are NOT readers, but we reject gossip not facts.

Don't draw it out, if you know something and can prove it then either tell us or if it is illegal inform the authorities.

Otherwise take you dross elsewhere.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:20   #414
I am Banned

I see the Community Development Fund has allocated funding to the ‘Why I Live Here’ project.
I wonder if Gayle would care to disclose the amount allocated to this project, and exactly what is hoped to be achieved from such an investment.
Another way to put it is this using a hypothetical scenario- if the Community Development fund was Gayle’s own hard earned money which had to be dedicated to developing Hyndburn, would she have considered the ‘Why I Live Here’ project as the most suitable investment for such a purpose?
Not rejecting the idea, simply wishing to find out more
Old 06-04-2007, 11:24   #415
God Member

Quote:
‘Why I Live Here’ project.

A question I ask myself every day. Should I get paid for it ?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:19   #416
Beacon of light

Like Willow, I initially thought that Gondola would be good for the forum, but I find it very hard to respect,or even take seriously, a man who seems to hold most of the members in contempt....and who seems to think he is vastly superior in intellect. Someone who poses questions and then does not let anyone on the forum have a chance to respond, instead answering them in the way that HE thinks fit.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:20   #417
Beacon of light

Personally, I think Gondola should pay a visit to the fish market and buy himself a piece of fresh fish......it will go nicely with the chips he seems to have on both shoulders.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 16:49   #418
Give, give, give member

Quote:
A question for Councillor Jones. He asserted that Mr Safdar’s affiliation to the Conservative Party was only known the day before the recent internal election. Yet this from the Observer yesterday:
’And Conservative candidate Mohammed Safdar, who is standing in Church, was a lifelong member of the Labour Party until around six months ago’’
Yes Councillors Jones, it states six months ago. Not the day before the internal election.
Care to offer an explanation or was the Labour Party really going to impose a candidate on the people of Central Ward that was with the Conservatives many months earlier?.
Either Councillor Jones is wrong or the Observer have got it wrong yet again.
Which is it my dear chap? If the latter, can you ask the Editor to amend it.
Do you believe everything you read in the press?

Do you?

You obviously do.

Thought so.

(I'm with Less, this new fashion for answering yout own question is cool.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 18:15   #419
Resident Waffler

Quote:
What claims? You claim to have given us facts but you haven't given us any blessed facts. All you've done is talk to yourself and answer questions posed in such a way that only you know what the wretched questions are. Haven't you? yes, thought so.

I'm catching on too Less, it works a treat doesn't it? You get far more sensible responses that way.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 19:00   #420
God Member

I thought political scandles were supposed to be entertaining. This has not thus far been achieved

I don't even know whats going on. :/

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..