Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2007, 18:21   #31
God Member

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

come on..gondola could be "close" to the council.. but then anyone who lives on Omerod Street is close...he/she could be on of the cleaners, we all know if you really want to know whats going on at these establisments, ask the security guard or the cleaners!
This is the sort of stuff newspapers live on... "a source close to" told are reporter, or "an undisclosed official" is reported to have said.
It's all complete hear say and means squat diddly!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2007, 18:22   #32
I am Banned

You honestly cannot expect a debate nor discussion once you insult the majority of the message board, why so defensive about your ID when u kick up a fuss of judging someones elses username. You seem to miss the point completely that you have simply lost it with everyone here & have made yourself suspicious by your motives - yet you are still bating for scraps of meat here which i dont see the point - people have made themselves crystal clear!

So get a clue will you & dont slam the door on your way out
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 18:27   #33
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
Your unjustified abuse towards me is noted. It is often said that less is more. That certainly applies in your case. I strongly recommend to you, less abuse, more facts.

You do not have to read this thread if it agitates you. I suggest you calm down and grab yourself a hot cup of soup or some such.

It appears to me that you are seeking to defend those who are clearly deserving of criticism here. Are you from the Britcliffe Brigade?
It wasn't abuse believe me, might I suggest that as you are the one that has been agitated by us poor simple folk, you might consider the fact you don't have to post on here, but if you are going to grace us with your presence then please, try not to upset the locals.

That is my Job!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 18:32   #34
Full Member+

Old 26-03-2007, 18:35   #35
I am Banned

Less,

I find your approach rather startling. I do not recall having held any discussion with you, yet you appear on this thread and question my motives for posting here, suggesting that I am seeking to disrupt these forums.

You do not have a shred of evidence to support this view, and when I suggest you calm down rather than direct such ill judged comments towards me, you take that as abuse.

I think it is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 18:35   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I don't trust you, I do not believe you are here on accyweb for either the good of the site or any of it's members and I would recommend that until you prove yourself different to the first impressions you have given that all members be very wary of what they say to you.

I agree with that statement, cos i am stupid.
Old 26-03-2007, 18:40   #37
Give, give, give member

Gondola seems quite happy to throw a few wordy bones into the fray, but there is so little meat on them, that I'm more inclined to suckle on my own gristley stump, than bother entering into any non-discussion.

Less waffle, and mroe substance please, as quite frankly it's becoming boring.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 18:41   #38
I am Banned

I think I have figured out the motives of some of the posters on here who are seeking to discredit me. They keep pasting posts were I have made comments to others, for example Chav, in the hope that they can agglomerate the others into a close knit fraterntiy which will render my remarks discredited.

It is rather transparent. Whehte or not readers listen here is immaterial in the scheme of things. Rest assured, there is a plethora of material at my disposal, and I propose to start releasing it in due course, not necessarily here.

You may not like to ensure elected members be held accountable for their actions. I, on the other hand do.
Old 26-03-2007, 18:43   #39
I am Banned

Incidentally, whilst I may have exchanged a few heated words with Chav, were sufficiently mature to draw a line under it. In fact, subsequent to that exchange, he provided me with information I requested.

Thus, by way of example, he has proved far more magnanimous than those seeking to defend his corner.
Old 26-03-2007, 18:44   #40
God Member

All right, Gondola, let's enter a debate. You say in the other thread that you do not feel that the independent candidate is truly independent, can you elaborate on that?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 18:45   #41
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It is rather transparent. Whehte or not readers listen here is immaterial in the scheme of things.
Listen to what?

You've not really said anything worthwhile, just a load of empty rhetoric.

If you come up with something of substance worth debating, you'll find many people here will enter in to a debate, and more than likely whup your ass.

Old 26-03-2007, 18:48   #42
I am Banned

'You say in the other thread that you do not feel that the independent candidate is truly independent'

When did I say that?
Old 26-03-2007, 18:48   #43
God Member

Quote:
Whehte or not readers listen here is immaterial in the scheme of things.

Some people would have been called pond life if they misspelt words like that
Old 26-03-2007, 18:51   #44
God Member

Quote:
Less,

I find your approach rather startling. I do not recall having held any discussion with you, yet you appear on this thread and question my motives for posting here, suggesting that I am seeking to disrupt these forums.

You do not have a shred of evidence to support this view, and when I suggest you calm down rather than direct such ill judged comments towards me, you take that as abuse.

I think it is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black.
And where is your evidence for the claims you have made?.. truth is you have none.
You could be talking rubbish for all we know... anyone could type out a load of tat..do a quick spell check.. and "hey presto".. I am a mole from the council.. speaking for myself I don't like "knarks", and if you feel so strongly about letting the people of Accrington know about wrong doings within the council then speak out in public. To hide behind the threat of losing your job if you do spill the beans is pathetic..and a main reason for voters to feel they can't trust councillors.

That said please do carry on posting.. at least it got some members out of hiding and is all a jolly good show.

Last edited by Mancie; 26-03-2007 at 18:54.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 18:52   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Some people would have been called pond life if they misspelt words like that

I'm still concerned about his use of lower case 'i', when referring to himself.

i (sic) think he must have a poor self image.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..