Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 22:59   #436
Resting in peace

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
If the information is correct then how the heck does it harm Roy? If it's lies then it shouldn't be even hinted at on here or anywhere else.

The flat caps and whippets post is at least intelligible which is more than can be said for the smoke and mirrors twaddle, isn't it? Yes, thought so.
The man was looking for directions willow thats why, I hope I can now retire to my bed as this subject is becoming tedious. good night all.X
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2007, 23:00   #437
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
The man was looking for directions willow thats why, I hope I can now retire to my bed as this subject is becoming tedious. good night all.X
Oh please answer the other thread before you retire, then I'll know whether to start looking through the Argos book for a gold clock.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 23:16   #438
Resident Waffler

What man was looking for directions? Gondola? He isn't so much looking for directions as doing his best to get the rest of us lost. It really irritates me when people hint at secret information and then do the 'If you don't know it's not my place to tell you.' or 'If you don't know then you obviously don't care as much as I do.' bit. If there's something worth saying why doesn't he just come out and say it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 23:22   #439
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
What man was looking for directions? Gondola? He isn't so much looking for directions as doing his best to get the rest of us lost. It really irritates me when people hint at secret information and then do the 'If you don't know it's not my place to tell you.' or 'If you don't know then you obviously don't care as much as I do.' bit. If there's something worth saying why doesn't he just come out and say it?

Reminds me a little of that member Jimmyjim, who joined here after writing a letter in the Observer, and started a thread called 'Our Town', which promised grandiose changes in the way we were going to live our lives, but which petered out to nothing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 23:29   #440
Resident Waffler

Maybe he's the 'several other members' that Gondola was referring to.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:43   #441
Senior Member+

iantow, gondola and jimmyjim possible all the same person?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:36   #442
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
A question for Councillor Jones. He asserted that Mr Safdar’s affiliation to the Conservative Party was only known the day before the recent internal election. Yet this from the Observer yesterday:
’And Conservative candidate Mohammed Safdar, who is standing in Church, was a lifelong member of the Labour Party until around six months ago’’
Yes Councillors Jones, it states six months ago. Not the day before the internal election.
Care to offer an explanation or was the Labour Party really going to impose a candidate on the people of Central Ward that was with the Conservatives many months earlier?.
Either Councillor Jones is wrong or the Observer have got it wrong yet again.
Which is it my dear chap? If the latter, can you ask the Editor to amend it.
I believe the party rules are after 6 months unpaid dues you forfeit your membership. You cannot be selected without being a member. I don't know if Safdar was in arrears but no-one has memntioned it to me. On that basis I can only presume he was fully paid up and a load of mishief makingis going on inside the Tory camp.

I don't tell lies, I may get things wrong, see things form a different angle but I don't tell deliberate lies. I have more interests and friends outside of politics to want to be tarnished with that brush. Politics is only a small (but at the moment significant) part of my life.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:43   #443
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
My good friend garinda, all will be revealed, but not on accyweb as this is a family friendly forum, started I believe by Roy who I personally would not seek to see harmed. When the time comes ,and I mighn't add the sooner the better, I will personally advise all interested parties, then you can draw your own conclusions. I have only been a member of this forum for a short while and can understand the frustrations with the lack or credible evidence to suuport the inuendoes, all I ask for is a little patience.
If nothing is to be revealed on accyweb then why are we being subjected to this persons moronic drivel?

I whole heartedly agree, the sooner the better, but again I ask if he is not going to reveal it on accyweb why is he wasting our time?

Why are you going to advise and how are you going to choose who is an 'interested party?', Why not Gondola?

Patience like money is a rare commodity and I for one get annoyed when someone wastes mine unnecessarily, if you are 'the friend' that he pretends to have on accyweb and he has revealed all to you, then good luck to you, for the rest of us he is totally wasting space on a server, (which has to be paid for), that could be used by the rest of us for something far more entertaining and far less irritating than this.

Am I right? Who cares? I just want this tic to go away, it's like a zit that hasn't got a head, it can't think but it is a pain, of course I'm right!

Last edited by Less; 07-04-2007 at 08:45.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:46   #444
Senior Member+

Quote:
Some more from the Observer:
Labour leader Councillor Jones sais: ‘’It just goes to show that ministers do care about places like Hyndburn and are very interested in what’s going on’’

If only such interest permeated through the minds of the Councillors of Hyndburn, save one or two like Councillor Pritchard.
When you speak to people like John Reid and Harriet Harmen, it is very clear they want to ask questions and listen to what life is like in Hyndburn. We asked Harriet and Dr Reid to come and they accepted. Both of them had a high level of interest in what Hyndburn people thought. There was a lot of honesty about the Government's position now, particularly John Reid who pulled no punches and apologised sincerely for the last local elections with John Prescott, Patricia Hewitt and Charles Clarke.

The cyncial would also add, and probably with some truth, that Hyndburn is a marginal Council and that's whay they were here, but it is not always the case because ministers do go to places that are safe Tory or Labour as well.

Gondola is either a Tory, or an outsider. You sem very sharply focused on media led issues but if you where on the inside you would be picking away at much bigger issues (that are wrong) that rarely come across in the press.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:15   #445
I am Banned

There is no doubt that the visit by Reid is entirely based on the fact that this is a marginal Council. I suspect it shall not be for much longer since it is inevitable that Siddique shall not be successful going forward and this may be sufficient to swing it in favour of Labour.
You appear to suggest that there are issues which are not portrayed in the press, and about which I have little understanding. I think you are well wide of the mark. Much of what I am seeking to report is not available in the public domain, though it clearly should be.
Perhaps if you had cared to ask Councillor Battle as I had suggested in relation to which Councillors had resigned their positions then you may have appreciated there are many skeletons in the cupboard. Maybe ask David Myles. He too knows of a few scandals. Have any of these reported the same into the public domain? No, thought not.
The idea that I may be a Conservative is utter nonsense since I have clearly not granted gracious summaries to either Safdar or Siddique. In fact I have asserted that Safdar would be a disservice to the Church Ward were he to be elected. I think the chances of him being elected are remote. Thank goodness for that.
Let us hope that in the forthcoming elections there is not the alleged scandal of fiddling the returning officer. I seem to recall that in previous elections former Councillor Sardar Ali accused Councillor Allah Dad of the same. I ought to point out that following a police investigation no charges followed. Now they appear to be rather good friends.
Incidentally, since the name of Sardar has reared it’s head, perhaps Councillor Jones can explain how it is that whilst Sardar was a Councillor, his house on Blackburn Road of Accrington was given a Buildings renovation grant on several occasions. I am advised that the property is in very robust condition, and such was the case even after the first renovation. Surely those allocating such funds could have found other properties in Hyndburn that would have gained benefit from such an improvement , rather than ensuring the same property did benefit several times. I suspect the cost would have run into tens of thousand’s of pounds. Perhaps there may have been good reason for ensuring this property received such renovation grants, but to the ‘outsider’ it almost appears to be a case of preferential bias.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:18   #446
I am Banned

Siddique is seeking to be the next Mayor of Hyndburn. That would make a mockery of the very idea of having a Mayor to both serve and promote the interests of Hyndburn. Thus the fact that he may fail at the elections can be considered as killing two birds with one stone.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:48   #447
Senior Member+

Quote:
Siddique is seeking to be the next Mayor of Hyndburn. That would make a mockery of the very idea of having a Mayor to both serve and promote the interests of Hyndburn. Thus the fact that he may fail at the elections can be considered as killing two birds with one stone.
Kazi has been an exceptionally poor Councillor in my view. I think you should make an effort to learn English. Dread to think what observers will think at the annual Mayors Golf Charity Day. I can see a sickie coming.

However the outcome of the elections may change things. 'Rumour' has it that Jean Lockwood has been promised it, Kazi has ben promised it and Tony Dobson has been promised it by PB.

The last 'unfortunate' resignation I can think of was Deakin which was before my time. Of course there has been Anne Scaife and Wyn Frankland since. Anne because she moved and Wyn openly condemned her Party as the reason for going.

There are always allegations about Councillors 'outside' activities but you don't expect me to comment without fact do you Gondola?

You won't catch me out Gondola no matter how hard you try as I tell what I believe to be the truth. I may be wrong or see things completely different, but that is a long way from deliberate deceitfulness.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:50   #448
I am Banned

mind-LESS,

You wrote ''Patience like money is a rare commodity and I for one get annoyed when someone wastes mine unnecessarily''

In that case do not bother reading this thread. Why are you seeking to annoy yourself when you could be enjoyong the sunshine.

Let me answer that. Perhaps due to the fact that you enjoy this thread.
I on the other hand would find anything set up by you rather boring. Hence why I have never bothered to to check.

Incidentally, it is readily obvious that Ianto is one of the others who has access to similar information as I. Thus he insists it is not dross.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:54   #449
Senior Member+

...and the grants. It is the first I know of what you say. We are in opposition and it is not possible with the volume of decisions to check it all in detail. I will investigate. What number Blackburn Rd?

If you are saying many suspicious decisions are made then I agree. The Council is morally corrupt. What do you want me to do about it? I raise every issue but then you get the blue rinse brigade (masquerading as Joe Public) shouting 'work together' because they don't like faults being pointed out. I think I have raised all the major issues as best I can.

In the end - we the public - put this lot there and - we the public - can remove them but fail to do so every year. I can't do anything at all about that.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:02   #450
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
mind-LESS,

You wrote ''Patience like money is a rare commodity and I for one get annoyed when someone wastes mine unnecessarily''

In that case do not bother reading this thread. Why are you seeking to annoy yourself when you could be enjoyong the sunshine.

Let me answer that. Perhaps due to the fact that you enjoy this thread.
I on the other hand would find anything set up by you rather boring. Hence why I have never bothered to to check.

Incidentally, it is readily obvious that Ianto is one of the others who has access to similar information as I. Thus he insists it is not dross.
Do not take it upon yourself to tell me what to do you imbecile, I have already stated that I read everything on site, the good the bad and the absolute tedious because, I care about the site.

You, I think only care about you and your very simplistic attempts at being the centre of attention.

If as Ianto has stated you will not be revealing any of your insider knowledge on site then get yourself off to a tap room somewhere and leave us in peace.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..