Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 12:19   #451
I am Banned

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Kazi has been an exceptionally poor Councillor in my view. I think you should make an effort to learn English. Dread to think what observers will think at the annual Mayors Golf Charity Day. I can see a sickie coming.

However the outcome of the elections may change things. 'Rumour' has it that Jean Lockwood has been promised it, Kazi has ben promised it and Tony Dobson has been promised it by PB.

The last 'unfortunate' resignation I can think of was Deakin which was before my time. Of course there has been Anne Scaife and Wyn Frankland since. Anne because she moved and Wyn openly condemned her Party as the reason for going.

There are always allegations about Councillors 'outside' activities but you don't expect me to comment without fact do you Gondola?

You won't catch me out Gondola no matter how hard you try as I tell what I believe to be the truth. I may be wrong or see things completely different, but that is a long way from deliberate deceitfulness.
Councillor Jones,

Thank you for your comments. I agree that any mayor, or indeed Councillor should have a grasp of the English language. Otherwise he would not be in a position to serve those in his ward that are only fluent in English. The need for such a command of language is even greater due to the fact that he is Portfolio holder for Community Cohesion. How on earth can he even begin to integrate different communities when he does not speak the language of the majority. It is an absolute nonsense. I appreciate that it is not your remit to decide who serves in such posts, but if you felt sufficiently'interested' then surely you ought to have raised this issue before now and in a forum other than here. Perhaps a notice prior to the AGM's would have been appropriate with the backing of other councillors.

You are right that I don't expect you to comment on the activities of Councillors without evidence. Such a thesis would be absurd. But that is my very point. Councillor Jean Batlle and Myles have the evidence in relation to Siddique. they have simply not done anything about it. That is all set to change.

Ask them - will you then be able to tell me I am wrong? No, thought not.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2007, 12:27   #452
I am Banned

Mr Jones,

I know not the number off hand, save that it is an end terrace. I shall phone my source later today to obtain the same. I am sure that since former Councillor Sardar Ali had his details on the Councillors lists from a few years ago, you too would be able to get the number.

But these are trivial issues in relative terms. The conduct of others is a far more disgraceful affair. I shall consult others who have this information later today and see if it is possible to disclose it to you now. If so, I shall let you have it in the next day or two.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:47   #453
Resting in peace

Quote:
Less' Am I right? Who cares? I just want this tic to go away, it's like a zit that hasn't got a head, it can't think but it is a pain, of course I'm right!
Less as usual you are always right but you should be the last one to criticise anyone for wasting space, with the amount of space it takes to make one of your posts.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:52   #454
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Less as usual you are always right but you should be the last one to criticise anyone for wasting space, with the amount of space it takes to make one of your posts.
Ah, yes, but who pays for the space I waste?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:55   #455
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
iantow, gondola and jimmyjim possible all the same person?
I can assure you Bazf, I am who I say I am, I am my OWN MAN, nobody but nobody tells me how, or what to do, they can ask me, and if it is within my power I will try my best to help, or do as they ask.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:57   #456
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ah, yes, but who pays for the space I waste?

That Less was a punch bellow the belt
Old 07-04-2007, 13:17   #457
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
That Less was a punch bellow the belt
It would have been if it was aimed at you, I for one am grateful for your contribution both to accyweb and to Burnleyweb, and am looking forward to taking the punishment for it when the paint balling day arrives.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 13:26   #458
Resting in peace

Quote:
Less, It would have been if it was aimed at you, and am looking forward to taking the punishment for it when the paint balling day arrives.
A sigh of relief permeates accross accyweb, I just wish I could take part, how much for a contract on rindy?
Old 07-04-2007, 15:56   #459
Resident Waffler

I know this is ancient history now but can anyone enlighten me as to what occurred with councellor Deakin?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 18:20   #460
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I know this is ancient history now but can anyone enlighten me as to what occurred with councellor Deakin?
I only know 2nd hand. He made some very racist comments whilst a Tory Councillor and was forced into resigning by all. Don't know how much of that is true so be a bit sceptical. Huncoat Ward 2001. Labour won the by-election.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 18:37   #461
God Member

reading this thread with amazement ........how can someone (if its true) be elected to public office if they don't speak English, have English politics become so corrupt that voting districts/boundaries are gerrymandered to suit various ethnic populations ?

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 20:35   #462
Resident Waffler

I doubt that gerrymandeing needs to come into it. There are some wards where people who have English as a first language are in the minority.

Old 07-04-2007, 21:00   #463
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I doubt that gerrymandeing needs to come into it. There are some wards where people who have English as a first language are in the minority.
The question is why do they not speak English. The answer is how can that councillor represent ALL the members of their constituency if they do not.
Old 07-04-2007, 21:05   #464
Senior Member+

Quote:
The question is why do they not speak English. The answer is how can that councillor represent ALL the members of their constituency if they do not.
Good point Ian,but even an English person would have to be multi-lingual to represent ALL constituants Only joking mate
Old 07-04-2007, 21:11   #465
Resident Waffler

That's another good point mthead.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..