Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2007, 21:56   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
This guy has got all and sundry running round in circles wondering who he/she is, as for myself it is unimportant, he/she is as the rest of us is entitled to their annonimity, as a 'newbie' it is I must admit frustrating, but I will give you a clue as to I think it is, a defeated Labour councillor of long standing, if i'm wrong so be it, this person is far to versed in the runnings of the council not to have been. I will leave the rest to your imagination, but you must admit he/she is very entertaining.
My view is it is not one of us Ian. Most of the old guard were of the tank tops and wellies outlook and most would be very old now.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2007, 21:58   #92
I am Banned

Those not remotely expert on roles assigned to various Councillors can readily access the information from the Borough Council. In fact, just get a copy of the AGM Report and these are listed.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 22:07   #93
I am Banned

Gawd can see why gondy is a failed councillor - bored em all to tears or insulted em to death one or tother
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 22:28   #94
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Gawd can see why gondy is a failed councillor - bored em all to tears or insulted em to death one or tother

Sorry Mel, but if you re-read several times, due to the very bad use of the English language, gondolas reply to Ianto, I think you will come to the conclusion he isn't a failed councillor, (he's actually saying that bit isn't true), which means he could be a councillor or just anyone that walked in from the streets.
Quote:
gondola=I am taken to it, save for the fact that I am a defeated Councillor.

Last edited by Less; 27-03-2007 at 22:32.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 22:37   #95
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Sorry Mel, but if you re-read several times, due to the very bad use of the English language, gondolas reply to Ianto, I think you will come to the conclusion he isn't a failed councillor, (he's actually saying that bit isn't true), which means he could be a councillor or just anyone that walked in from the streets.

Re- read blumming heck would rather do lots of lines or be re-reading his turd would be more than punishment itself - mind u i was only bursting gondys fantasy with a nice sharp pin called hard truth if should the suggestion he made was a remote possibility!
Old 28-03-2007, 11:15   #96
God Member

Quote:
Will he come forth with an Earth shattering statement such as Acrylic Bob is P.B.'s love child and it was because of the way he was abandoned in a bakery that he has such a downer on the whole of Hyndburn Council?

I should just like to point out at this juncture that there is absolutely no connection between the Idiot in Chief and my self, neither through genetics or by law. The fact that he and I both appear to share the same nationality I regard as nothing more than a regretable, but unfortunately unalterable, accident of birth.
Further, should "gondola" or any other person attempt to suggest anything to the contrary, I shall sue.

"Peter Britcliffe's love child"........the very idea!
Old 28-03-2007, 11:22   #97
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post

"Peter Britcliffe's love child"........the very idea!

Just had a vision there of Catherine Tate! How very dare you!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 11:53   #98
Super Moderator

Quote:
I should just like to point out at this juncture that there is absolutely no connection between the Idiot in Chief and my self, neither through genetics or by law.
...although when AB and PB were growing up, they did only live about three streets away from each other, but I suppose that's just an unhappy accident of geography!
Old 28-03-2007, 12:15   #99
God Member

Quote:
Read it again and he could be saying that the only thing he's unhappy about is being a failed councillor.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 13:26   #100
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Read it again and he could be saying that the only thing he's unhappy about is being a failed councillor.
hehehehehehehehe so i did read it as it said then dont think Less would want to re read it again - it might over excite him
Old 28-03-2007, 16:14   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...although when AB and PB were growing up, they did only live about three streets away from each other, but I suppose that's just an unhappy accident of geography!
WHAT? Where's your proof? As far as I am aware the Idiot in Chief grew up in Ossy, Whereas I, to my certain knowlege, have NEVER lived in Ossy. I know I am getting a bit long in the tooth and the memory is not what it once was, but I think I would have remembered it, if I did, which I most certainly did not.
Old 28-03-2007, 17:00   #102
Give, give, give member

Quote:
WHAT? Where's your proof? As far as I am aware the Idiot in Chief grew up in Ossy, Whereas I, to my certain knowlege, have NEVER lived in Ossy. I know I am getting a bit long in the tooth and the memory is not what it once was, but I think I would have remembered it, if I did, which I most certainly did not.
Wynonie has written before how, as a child, he used to play chuff-chuffs with a young Peter in Accrington.

Perhaps you too were in the gang.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 17:14   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Wynonie has written before how, as a child, he used to play chuff-chuffs with a young Peter in Accrington.

Perhaps you too were in the gang.
Hmmm? The only Peter I knew as a child used to wet himself and smelled a bit and so we threw stones at him. Children can be dreadfully cruel.
Old 28-03-2007, 17:32   #104
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Hmmm? The only Peter I knew as a child used to wet himself and smelled a bit and so we threw stones at him. Children can be dreadfully cruel.
Unfortunately their aim can also be a little inaccurate as well, a decent shot with a Nori might have saved a lot of grief for a lot of people.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 18:47   #105
God Member

Chuck it haste......and repent at leisure.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..