Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 20:46   #1

Coventry fan in peace

Hello all. Looking forward to another visit to your place tomorrow. Hoping for no rain and it’s a bit better for us on the pitch than the last 3 times we’ve played you!

As you are probably aware we are deep deep in trouble at the moment. Wasps who most (myself included) don’t want in Coventry own our ground and the club’s owners are dragging them through the courts for and have been for sometime. This is despite several judges telling them it’s a pointless exercise and it’s very unlikely they’ll ever win. Wasps told the club last year that if SISU continued with this legal action we’d be homeless this summer. It’s plain to see that Wasps aren’t likely to cave and our owners don’t care if the club survives or not. The EFL have indicated that if a solution isn’t found soon we could be facing expulsion from the league.

Anyway boring history lesson over. We are planning a peaceful protest tomorrow on the 6th minute (6 home games left) and potentially a “sit/stand in” like we did last week at Luton for 10-15 minutes after full time. We have had a 26 foot banner made up for this game. I’m not sure how I post pictures so it’s in this tweet https://twitter.com/cj_covblaze/stat...7976485889?s=2. Can I politely ask you all to help us by showing your support when it’s up and also by taking as many photos and videos as you can. Also if you can help spread the the word about what we are doing it would be useful. If anyone would be interested in holding one end across the divide your club has said they’d be more than happy to facilitate that.

I feel that 57 years is a very long time and it’s staggering after all that time football hasn’t learnt a thing and another club is facing the awful situation your club faced. That was unacceptable back then and still is now.

Finally I must say the way how the people running your club have responded to what we are doing is fantastic. I wish I had people like David Burgess at mine. Along with Mark Turner he is a credit to you. Likewise the folks at On Stanley On are equally as kind hearted.

If anyone wishes to get in contact feel free to email me or alternatively my DMs are open on Twitter. Thank you for reading and see you tomorrow.
CJcovblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..