Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2015, 20:29   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Crematorium

In the four years I was in charge there the cross was never requested to be covered up. It was mentioned in the office over ten years ago that they were considering a curtain that could be drawn over the cross but never came to be, partly due to no real desire for it to be covered.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2015, 20:47   #62
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Now, now my children, calm down, isn't it obvious? They took the cross down whilst they were doing a refurb, realised they had run out of funds to put it back up, so needed someone/something to blame, what better than some vague directive from P.C./EU brigade.

They lie, I know they lie, you know they lie, they no doubt laugh and titter at ALL the other lies they have got away with.

This whole thread is bull!

Time we got some honest politicians representing us.

This thread has shown more honest folk here in the Borough than those representing us.

Now I will re-enter my darkened room and allow the world to pass me by for another six months, it's far better than pretending our world is full of people that only have my best interests at heart until they get my vote.
AccyMad likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 20:51   #63

Paul Nuttall has weighed into the Accy Crem Cross controversy......

Paul who?

You remember that bald headed UKIP scouser who occasionally got a word in edgeways when his boss Nigel Farage paused for breath?

The one who said UKIP were on the march before the election? Before the debate moved on and the Tories promised a referendum and Labour elected a leader who wants to leave the EU for reasons diametrically opposite anything UKIP believe in?

Yes him. A career politician desperate for a cause.

How many cremations has he been to at Accy Crem?

Precisely!
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 20:53   #64
God Member

all i know is that if i changed my story this many times under questioning from my mum id of got my arse handed to me

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 21:02   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
Paul who?
you may recognize him now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bottom live.jpg (121.6 KB, 10 views)
hyndburner likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 22:09   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Yeh may not have much time for UKIP, Hyndburner, But its LABOUR thats caused all this bother, yeh may not like it but its fact,
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:30   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
A career politician desperate for a cause.
All Mp'S & MEP's are career politicians, they don't do it for free !!
Old 06-10-2015, 09:26   #68
Beacon of light

Yes, and there is no such thing as bad publicity...they have to keep themselves in the public eye so that we think they are doing SOMETHING.
lancsdave likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 13:20   #69
Senior Member+

I note that Mr Moss is keeping his head well below the parapet again. I wonder how long he will refrain from posting/commenting this time. I hope he realises that everyone can see when he has visited the site.
Old 06-10-2015, 13:24   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I note that Mr Moss is keeping his head well below the parapet again. I wonder how long he will refrain from posting/commenting this time. I hope he realises that everyone can see when he has visited the site.
Yep not much of a man, accuses someone then dont come back when asked to clarify.
Old 13-10-2015, 10:20   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
Ken Moss tried to screw with the memorial in Huncoat and got his backside kicked, he's had it kicked on his own now defunct facebook group, he's had it kicked here with the benches and now he's had it kicked in the national media....but according to him it's all Britcliffes fault *sigh*
He's had it kicked again now by Miles Parkinson who has ordered the cross to be restored to its original position.

From the Telegraph: U-TURN: Accrington Crematorium?s controversial six-foot cross restored on chapel wall (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Cllr Moss was not immediately available for comment yesterday.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 11:01   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hardly a shock to me he aint available for comment. Good on Miles Parkinson.
Old 13-10-2015, 11:10   #73
Beacon of light

I am very pleased that it is being restored to its proper place.
Well Done Miles Parkinson
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 13:10   #74
Senior Member+

Well done Miles Parkinson, a small step in restoring my confidence in the Council - perhaps a post less demanding can be found for Mr Moss
Old 13-10-2015, 13:19   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Well done Miles Parkinson, a small step in restoring my confidence in the Council - perhaps a post less demanding can be found for Mr Moss
Yeh back oer Preston.
Guinness, odders and Barrie Yates like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..