Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 09:53   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: crime and punishment

Quote by Mr Bowman;"I think that there should be an amendment to the Human Rights Act where someone if they choose to step outside being a human being, they choose to commit an inhuman act, then the Human Rights Act does not apply."

I think most people would agree,I certainly do.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2008, 10:02   #17
Super Moderator

Yes, but Mrs Blair thinks that those who want to change the Human Rights Act are advocating a return to slavery or disagree with the sanctity of life...and don't forget, this is the wife of the most powerful man in the country up to a year or so ago.

I really do despair.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:11   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yes, but Mrs Blair thinks that those who want to change the Human Rights Act are advocating a return to slavery or disagree with the sanctity of life...and don't forget, this is the wife of the most powerful man in the country up to a year or so ago.

I really do despair.
Isn't this the way the likes of Ms Booth think, whilst making millions out of the legal aide system. There is nothing wrong with people having rights, but what happns wih the European Human Rights Act, which Tony Blair signed up to whilst PM, is now used to take the michael out of the rest of us. I'm all for people being treated right, but what happens today is a joke. I actually agree with Mr Bowman on this, act like an animal get treated like one, end of
Old 01-10-2008, 10:25   #19
God Member

It is about time the rights of the victims and their families were put before the rights of the scum who commit these atrocities. What gives the scum that murdered Sophie Lancaster the right to appeal against their sentences? The way things are going in this country people are going to start taking the law into their own hands!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 16:05   #20
God Member

Bernadette! vigilantes? Here? errrrm, yep, your probably right!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..