Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2005, 20:57   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Cruelty to Children.

Why weren't the evil faces of this couple published on the news reports?

Why did the news crews, who were sent to Sheffield, not asking this families neighbours why they thought society had allowed this to happen?

Sadly as a society I think we are all to blame for this dreadful traadgedy.

I hope the children who were rescued have a wonderful, warm, loving Christmas with their foster families, and I hope their parents rot in jail.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2005, 21:02   #17
white rabbits

how long must the little boy been wearing that nappy? they said it had maggots in it ........ poor little things,,, at least they should have a decent xmas now,in a clean envirament
Old 22-12-2005, 21:05   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
They are too full of their own self inportance to follow a set of rules. These people think they are better than most and above rules and regs.
Will agree with that to a point, most of them are college dropouts, with no experience in life, which to my mind is the most important thing.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 21:07   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I think the whole of the crew at Social services in Sheffield should be prosecuted for professional negigence and the Children should be able to sue them personally for damages.....there must be some Human Rights lawyer out there that would be able to make a case of it.
Very well put Margaret, I would totally agree with that

Albert Einstein.

Old 22-12-2005, 21:18   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff70
if this is what the county is like now ,whats in store for us 20 ,30 years down the line ...if our children have no respect for the law school or us ,what happens when they have children ,and so on ..oh! dear...and another thing the soft pc goverment is partly to blame courts soft on criminals ,schools not aloud to disipline unruly pupils well you see were all this is leading to
20/30 years, It's here now 2 generations of can't work, don't want to work, you owe me a living............... What was the cry, bring back the birch & national service.

Albert Einstein.

Old 22-12-2005, 21:46   #21

People are all too often too frightened to 'grass on' bad parents for fear of reprisal. This is probably why the Sheffield kids weren't reported by neighbours. Also we as a society have become insular in that 'as long as it doesn't affect us it's not our problem'.
I do agree that all Sheffield SS who had anything to do with this case should be, a)sacked & b) prosecuted. But you can almost guarentee they wont
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 21:58   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie J
People are all too often too frightened to 'grass on' bad parents for fear of reprisal. This is probably why the Sheffield kids weren't reported by neighbours. Also we as a society have become insular in that 'as long as it doesn't affect us it's not our problem'.
Why has society become insular, in the old days neighbours were always there to help. So what has changed

Albert Einstein.

Old 22-12-2005, 23:27   #23
God Member

When I was younger I wanted to be a social worker but realised very quickly that it would break my heart every day and that I wouldn't be able to cope with the pain of seeing what some children go through.

When I read about cases like this I am torn between frustration, anger and the need to hug my own children! Anyone who is lucky enough to have a loving family around them should thank their lucky stars this Christmas.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 23:44   #24
God Member

You will find that a lot of children that have gone through this sickening kind of situation don't report for 2 reasons...

1. They don't know any different than the world of abuse they live in

2. Would you believe they hold an overbiding love for their parents

Alot of these children go on to develop deep psychological problems and sometimes the cycle with their own children starts all over again. It's a case of breaking that cycle.. it really is disturbing to be confronted by horrendous situations like those mentioned

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 00:56   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

anyone who harms childeren should be crushed under a rock! i for one would be happy to crush em.
Old 23-12-2005, 13:28   #26
I am Banned

this sort of thing is disgusting and the parents should be jailed for life

the way the courts and social services deal with these cases is realy messed up as well. a couple who abuse their child will most likely still get visitation to them and in some cases get them back yet a father seperated from a mother who has done no wrong will only get a handfull of hours each week to see his child

i know of one case where a man sexualy abused his child and the courts with the help of social services gave him more access to his child than what i get with both my childrens acess added together

anyway i dont want to wander into a different subject but my point is that even after these cases are brought to light it dosnt mean teh child will be safe because social services will most likely reunite the parents with the child at some point
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 18:05   #27

My now adult friend was constantly in and out of care as a child. Her first time in care was at the age of 18 months her last was 17 years. Time and again she was neglected enough to be placed in care only for her mum to promise it wouldn't happen again get her back and repeat. My friend has turned into a good adult/mum but she knows loads who were like her that haven't. This shouldn't be allowed to happen as the kids don't have a continuity of care, how many chances should these 'parents' be given before the neglect/abuse becomes a bad memory to these kids
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 19:08   #28
God Member

You friend turned into one of the good ones Debbie and because of her own past would proberly not want it inflicted on others.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 19:53   #29
Senior Member+

Debbie, your friend must be a very special person to have survived all those problems

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-12-2005, 20:40   #30
Beacon of light

The couple in question got 7 years in prison.
Apparently neighbours had reported the neglect of the children to social services.....they said that they couldn't gain access.
The Father in this case suffers mental health problems too.....but it didn't stop him from having a comfortable warm place to sit.....Satellite TV, DVDs.
The youngest two children were twins (I think) and the Mum failed to turn up for her post natal check ups.......and these babies were so badly malnourished when they were found that they almost died.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..