Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2005, 14:23   #1
Beacon of light

Angry Cruelty to Children.

I wonder what the world is coming to.
In Sheffield a couple allow their children to starve, and they keep them in a room that is filled with their own excrement.....the eldest child goes to school looking malnourished and unkempt...Social services are contacted but still this family 'fall through the net'.
Will there be heads rolling in the Sheffield Social Services Department..... somehow I doubt it.

In Essex the Social services go to the other extreme, in that they remove two children from their parents and put them up for adoption because the parents are classed as 'slow'. The parents have just received their yearly photograph of these children and it has broken their hearts. These children were loved and well cared for..... the home was clean and they were well fed.

Another report in the newspaper today concerns the systematic torture and killing of a 20 year old girl by her in laws and their family. This girl is reported to have had 60 injuries when found.....and was so badly nourished that the police thought it was the body of a juvenile boy.

What has happened to the feelings of care and compassion?
How could these people have done these things...... have they no feelings of right and wrong?? I am greatly saddened by reports like these.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2005, 14:37   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Cruelty to Children.

how anyone can do this to there own flesh and blood, is beyond belief!! they need hanging!!
Old 22-12-2005, 14:42   #3
Senior Member+

It's a very sad world we live in Margaret.
Old 22-12-2005, 14:43   #4

i think that is disgusting and as for the social servises they should of taken the children of them and put them up for adoption heres people like me and you who love and care for our children we get the social on our backs just because of stupid little things such as post natel depresion were there supost to help and dont thay just take there children of of them but yet not the people who need them takeing of them ?????????????????????????
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 14:52   #5
Beacon of light

The couple in Sheffield had a room that was comfortable and kitted out with Play Station, DVD machine.....comfortable furniture, yet they let their children go cold and hungry. The police were almost sick when they saw the conditions that the children had been kept in. They are both in prison now and the children, according to reports, have recovered well. I wonder if they will be given back to their parents once they are released from prison.
Old 22-12-2005, 15:13   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I am always at a loss for words with these cases. These kind of people are never infertile are they?

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 15:28   #7
Beacon of light

No....more's the pity....in fact they seem to breed like the proverbials.
Old 22-12-2005, 15:31   #8
Beacon of light

I just wonder if society as a whole is geting hardened to cases such as these? Or are we so wrapped up in our own lives so that we don't bother anymore.

I know that people who know me will tell you that i am not a particularly 'child friendly' sort of person.....but it still grieves me to read of these atrocities.
Old 22-12-2005, 16:08   #9
God Member

It seems tht life is cheap in this day and age and getting cheaper by the year
with little or no regard for most victims. It is a lot worse when children are involved and yet all the groups who should have been protecting the children seem to blaim each other and lack of communication. Maybe if they worked as a team as opposed to small cliques we would see fewer of these kind of cases.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 16:37   #10
Senior Member+

Saw the Sheffield incident on TV, how someone could do that is beyond me, and how the SS dept. did not pick it up.........well I think the whole of the Sheffield SS should be sacked.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 17:05   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Saw the Sheffield incident on TV, how someone could do that is beyond me, and how the SS dept. did not pick it up.........well I think the whole of the Sheffield SS should be sacked.
Not much chance of that happening. There will be a grunt that cops it as the blame never stays at the top. Fine them 6 months salery and they might buck their ideas up.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-12-2005, 17:14   #12
Senior Member+

How many times do you see this happen, the local SS dept. and others fail to get to grips with this sort of problem.There must be set procedures in place, a code of practice that they should be following / working to.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 17:16   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
How many times do you see this happen, the local SS dept. and others fail to get to grips with this sort of problem.There must be set procedures in place, a code of practice that they should be following / working to.
They are too full of their own self inportance to follow a set of rules. These people think they are better than most and above rules and regs.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-12-2005, 17:24   #14

if this is what the county is like now ,whats in store for us 20 ,30 years down the line ...if our children have no respect for the law school or us ,what happens when they have children ,and so on ..oh! dear...and another thing the soft pc goverment is partly to blame courts soft on criminals ,schools not aloud to disipline unruly pupils well you see were all this is leading to
Old 22-12-2005, 19:26   #15
Beacon of light

I think the whole of the crew at Social services in Sheffield should be prosecuted for professional negigence and the Children should be able to sue them personally for damages.....there must be some Human Rights lawyer out there that would be able to make a case of it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..