Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2012, 13:44   #46
Beacon of light

Re: Cruising

G you could slum it with us in Llandudno.
(I'm saying that, though it isn't booked yet)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2012, 14:24   #47
God Member

Lake Garda -plenty of boat trips available on the lake to replace the cruise

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 14:26   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
G you could slum it with us in Llandudno.
(I'm saying that, though it isn't booked yet)
Once went on holiday to Llandudno as a girl -is there still a little fun-fair on the pier? Loved the ghost train
Is it the Great Orme which we had to walk up -seem to remember finding fossils too...will have been about 9 at the time.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 16-01-2012, 15:12   #49
Beacon of light

Yes, there is a little bit of a fun fair on the pier........and it would have been the Great Orme you walked up.......quite a pull up there and bracing at the top.

Flickr: margaret.pilkington47's Photostream
Check out my Flickr Pics there are quite a few taken in Llandudno.
Might bring back some memories.
Old 16-01-2012, 15:24   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, there is a little bit of a fun fair on the pier........and it would have been the Great Orme you walked up.......quite a pull up there and bracing at the top.

Flickr: margaret.pilkington47's Photostream
Check out my Flickr Pics there are quite a few taken in Llandudno.
Might bring back some memories.
You've taken some wonderful photos Margaret, remembered many of the places and the cable car -had forgotten that. Took a steam train trip up into the mountains somewhere too.

A proper English beach holiday,complete with rainy days spent indoors playing board games and cards , is NOT slumming it. Only had a few that I can remember - In Cornwall a few times, Llandudno once. But they hold special memories and the rainy days were only a few.

Do you use a simple digital camera or is it a reflex digital? You seem to have a real eye for a subject.

~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 16-01-2012 at 15:27.
Old 16-01-2012, 21:11   #51
Beacon of light

I have a very good compact point and shoot camera and two 'bridge camera's'.
the bridge camera's are not quite DSLR's(the do have interchangeable lenses - which the compact camera's don't have) but they have more flexibility than the point and shoot camera's.
Thank you for your lovely comments about my pictures. If you get a chance to look at my blogs, they are illustrated with some of the pictures. Some of the stories will have you crying with laughing too.(I like to think I can write and take pictures....deluded, plain deluded)
I think the railway journey you took was probably on the Welsh Highland Railway.....from Porthmadog to Blaennau Ffestiniog and then on to Caernarfon.
It is a lovely scenic trip if the weather is kind, but foul if the mist draws in.
Old 17-01-2012, 22:55   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I prefer Cruising more relaxing n cos i can swim a bit, I sure as hell can't fly.
Old 18-01-2012, 09:06   #53
Resting in Peace

Looks like the Captain is in deep dodo, on the news this morning a phone call between the coast guard and the captain was played, he left the ship with passengers still on board, and although the coast guard actually ordered him to go back on board he seemed to refuse
Old 18-01-2012, 14:31   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Looks like the Captain is in deep dodo, on the news this morning a phone call between the coast guard and the captain was played, he left the ship with passengers still on board, and although the coast guard actually ordered him to go back on board he seemed to refuse
Hes Actually saying now, he fell into the lifeboat n was unable to get back out, Which is different from "I was one of the last to leave the ship" which he told prosecutors the other day. Seems yeh learn summat new every day. Crap must have the same bonding power of superglue.

Last edited by cashman; 18-01-2012 at 14:40.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 17:48   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hes Actually saying now, he fell into the lifeboat n was unable to get back out, Which is different from "I was one of the last to leave the ship" which he told prosecutors the other day. Seems yeh learn summat new every day. Crap must have the same bonding power of superglue.
The Coast Guard was really losing his rage during the call, he was yelling at the guy ordering him to go back on the boat
Old 20-01-2012, 16:28   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I've fallen down and been unable to get up too ... drinking too much will do that to you Just heard on the news that the good captain has a new nickname: "Chicken of the Sea".
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 16:41   #57
God Member

iv entered the Mediterranean lotto this week.Apprently the top prize is a double cruise coz last weeks was a rollover

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 22:08   #58
Junior Member+

I was amazed how someone so called professional could captain a ship this size and trip into a life boat.
I have just been watching the worst plain landings ever, doesn't give much hope. Think I'll be going camping this year.
That's if the the rain doesn't flood the campsite and drown everyone.
Must stop being so sinicle* ;-)
markone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 22:15   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markone View Post
I was amazed how someone so called professional could captain a ship this size and trip into a life boat.
I have just been watching the worst plain landings ever, doesn't give much hope. Think I'll be going camping this year.
That's if the the rain doesn't flood the campsite and drown everyone.
Must stop being so sinicle* ;-)
Are yeh gonna walk to the campsite? Most means of transport are relatively safe,Sea,Air,Rail, are all safer than car travel. if yeh concerned about human error,yeh will never go anywhere?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..