Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 08:40   #1
God Member

Da Vinci code , Dan Brown etc.

ok , just watched a 2 hour "documentary" on the History channel about all this stuff, anyone think it has any credence ?.
(not sure if there as been a previous thread on the subject , 'search' didn't throw up any links)
the subject is kind of fascinating , just wondering if any Accy web users have any thoughts on the subject and what they are ?
One of the things mentioned was the 'Sangraal'... the holy blood line ....got me to wondering if the drink 'Sangria' was any way related (a mixture of red wine (blood) and fruit, ) to the legand .

Cynical sod that I am I take most of it with a pinch of salt , but ...what if ,.............just the same as I believe in aliens (little green men) and just hope to Christ that they speak to us in English and not in Urdu/Farsi/ Punjabi etc.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2008, 09:24   #2

Re: Da Vinci code , Dan Brown etc.

I think of it this way. The universe is 15 billion years old, but our history has changed massively over the last 2000 years, even more so in the last 100 years. Therefore if anyone "out there" is just a few 1000 years in front of us evolutionarily then they could have passed through here before, could be the missing link, could have made the pyramids etc. So yes I think there are others out there and therefore things like UFOs, da Vinci code, etc could well be possible
Old 03-08-2008, 09:27   #3
Senior Member+

must say whilst i believe in the concept of the book,
the holy grail,free masons involvement the new jerusalem,
found the book to be utter rubbish and hard work to read IMO

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:47   #4

I agree with you there beechy, the theme of the book was good, a fantastic idea, but extremely badly written.
I enjoyed the tale, the adventure and all the places that the book took you to, but kept shaking my head at how poorly done it was and how, in the hands of a fantastic writer the story could have been written.
As far as the Holy Grail goes there are a few other books to read, in fact one of them is the book that Dan Brown allegedly plaguerised to write the Davinci Code, and i'm sorry to be citing something in a thread without the full details, but the book is buried under about a thousand others on my bookshelves somewhere, its called (i think), The Holy Blood, The Holy Grail, and it is by two or three writers. Sorry to be so vague. This isn't a work of fiction, and is quite a heavy read unlike Dan Browns The Da Vinci Code. I found his other book, Angels and Demons to be even worse!
Bonny x
bonny_tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:54   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Cynical sod that I am I take most of it with a pinch of salt , but ...what if ,.............just the same as I believe in aliens (little green men) and just hope to Christ that they speak to us in English and not in Urdu/Farsi/ Punjabi etc.

Why not?

Last time he popped down he spoke Aramaic.

I'm sure H.B.C. will print an Aramaic translation on council tax forms for him.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:56   #6
God Member

The book and film Da Vinci code was an elaboration of fact.
There are several well researched non fiction books, and there have been tv documentaries, which have convinced me that pregnant Mary Magdalen went to France.
She was not the prostitute that the catholic church make her out to be - she was his wife.( ie she was 'the grail' carrying JCs blood )

I cannot recall all the fine detail but do recall that the Knights Templar got involved somehow in the protection of JCs descendants.

When Diana died I bought a book which outlined a conspiracy theory. I passed that book on and cannot recall its title. There was a chapter in it devoted to research into Diana's ancestry, and it was explained that the Stuart kings from who she was descended were a branch of the french Merovingian(spelling?) kings who were part of JC's blood line descendants.

The book gave the reason for including this, as being the reason why she was chosen as the mother of a future king - to restore some validity to House of Windsor, whose right to be our monarchs is justifialbly 'dodgy',

PS as an atheist and an anti royalist - I can look at such info without indoctrinated prejudices.

Last edited by MargaretR; 03-08-2008 at 11:02.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 14:10   #7
Resting in Peace

I don't Adam an Eve any of it.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:05   #8

its all balls
den the menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05   #9
Resting in Peace

Ain't read the book, but if its anything like the film it will be hard to follow
Old 05-08-2008, 09:19   #10
God Member

I look at life this like.. ooooooore....should we have anchovies on the pizza or extra chillie.. still can't work it out and my brother can't work it out either
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..