Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2013, 10:12   #1
Resting in Peace

Death at the Bookies

BBC News - Gunman dies after public stop Plymouth bookmaker robbery

A masked gunman was pronounced dead at the scene last night after trying to rob a bookies at gun point. It appears he was immediately restrained by customers and police were call, when they arrive they found the man still being restrained with the gas mask still on, on removing it the man was not breathing. An ambulance was called but the man was pronounced dead 20 minutes later.

Wonder what will happen in this case, I know what should happen but will it
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-01-2013, 10:32   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Death at the Bookies

What are the odds on that ?
Shurm, Eric and steve2qec like this.
Old 26-01-2013, 11:04   #3

I always think if your breaking the law you should receive no protection from it, that would sort a few cases out.

Makes me angry when you see a robber complaining they were beaten up etc Then Don't Do The Crime !!!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 14:26   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
I always think if your breaking the law you should receive no protection from it, that would sort a few cases out.

Makes me angry when you see a robber complaining they were beaten up etc Then Don't Do The Crime !!!!
My thoughts entirely Shurm
Old 26-01-2013, 14:28   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

What are the odds on that?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 14:30   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What are the odds on that?
Are yeh Dave in disguise?
Old 26-01-2013, 14:40   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Are yeh Dave in disguise?
No but I do find it annoying that those of us that wear gasmasks in our 'normal' pursuit of pleasure, will be branded and unable to walk the streets without folk thinking there's something suspicious or even strange about us...

These criminals always causing law abiding citizens to think twice before we display ourselves in public.

Perhaps I should do one of these epetitions to force the Government into making it illegal for a robber to wear a mask?
Old 26-01-2013, 16:53   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No but I do find it annoying that those of us that wear gasmasks in our 'normal' pursuit of pleasure, will be branded and unable to walk the streets without folk thinking there's something suspicious or even strange about us...

These criminals always causing law abiding citizens to think twice before we display ourselves in public.

Perhaps I should do one of these epetitions to force the Government into making it illegal for a robber to wear a mask?
I'd never thought of wearing a gas mask in my normal pursuit of pleasure ... handcuffs, yes, but a gas mask ... have to speculate on it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 22:14   #9

Whatever happens the two people who restrained him now have a long wait finding out whats going to happen to them, when all they did was a good deed. And even if there is no criminal charges, anyone want to bet the deceased family may find themselves a no-win no-fee lawyer who tries to sue
Old 26-01-2013, 23:49   #10

Don't blame the families for that. Blame the parasitic lawers.
jaysay likes this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 03:24   #11
I am Banned

death by misadventure or at least involuntary manslaughter,which carries a sentence of between 4 to 7 years.At the end of the day the 2 people are responsable for his death but common sense should prevail and no charges should follow,its a citizens arrest which if a death results from it carries a mandatory sentence of 3-5 years inprisonment,(Archbolds Criminal Guide)
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:09   #12
Resting in Peace

Well my take on this is like always, if the guy hadn't been there trying to rob the place he'd still be alive, simples
Old 27-01-2013, 09:30   #13

Where in the law about citizens arrest does it say,

always ensure you remove the criminals gas mask?

Hardly their fault he was wearing that is it?
Old 27-01-2013, 09:32   #14
Beacon of light

It may be recorded as misadventure or even natural causes...maybe he had a heart attack which could have happened at anytime.......maybe he developed an allergy to soemthing in the gas mask and died of anaphylactic shock.
Maybe the courts will get a dose of common sense, and reward these individuals from the public purse.......but don't hold your breath.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 09:34   #15
Beacon of light

The public spirited individuals only restrained him, they didn't beat the bejasus out of him.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..