Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2003, 16:02   #1

Post Death of Amy Houston

I have just read in the accrington observer of the fatality of this little girl.I think the Iraqi guy should have at least been put away for life or,sent back to where he came from.Maybe he will get justice in prison,i certainly hope so.
George Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-12-2003, 09:24   #2
Senior Member+

Post Re: Death of Amy Houston

Have to agree with you there george, Are the courts frightened that they would have been accused of racisism if giving the man a sentance that fit the crime.If it had been me or you that had done it would we have got such a light sentance ( i think not ) it's no wonder is it, that these assylum seekers want to come to britain.
Old 13-12-2003, 09:41   #3
Roy
Administrator

I have just read it and am appalled at the four month sentence this ...............    

(deep breath)

Not only was he not supposed to be behind the wheel of a car, but he shouldn't even be in the country. I hate to think how the parents must feel about that. My thoughts are with the family.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 11:36   #4

not to often i stray from the  anything goes cat but i agree  this   so called man shopuld be  sent to jail for life and if  they wont do that then he should be sent back and  face the so called dangers of his own country  maybe   they will do over there that the courts wont do here
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 12:08   #5
Resting in Peace

So if you want to kill someone you now know the way to do it it seems you only get 4 months for murder now
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 16:15   #6
Senior Member+

A member of my family was sentenced to 4years prison for fighting with another lad, The other lad was not killed or put in hospital because of the fight. So i ask myself if you are going to fight, you may has well kill the person you get a lesser sentence.
Old 14-12-2003, 01:07   #7
Roy
Administrator

This infuriates me. Who paid his legal fees? Who arranged his solicitor? How did he get away so lightly?

I'm over in china at the mo and if I had have got behind the wheel of a car here with no license and mown a child down, then ran away...  I wouldn't be seeing accrington again I can tell you...   But, just out of interest I had a look at what our government would do for me in this case...

Quote:
Regrettably, we can't
intervene in court cases;
get you out of prison;
give legal advice or start court proceedings for you;
get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local nationals;
pay your legal, medical or any other bills;
All fair enough really, cos I did wrong!
I would be facing life behind bars (if I was lucky and escaped the death penalty) without any help from the government, and I am here legally with a visa. Obviously the chinese government aint gonna help me either.

But, if your a foreigner in england illegally, our government will pay your legal fees, arrange a solicitor, do a deal with the judge so you get off with practicaly nothing and probably shake your hand at the end of it. If your english in england or even abroad then stuff you, your going down for a long time, you did wrong, its your fault - as it should be.....

It's shouldn't be like this - and something needs to be done about it.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 20:10   #8
Senior Member+

No its not right i agree and its about time we brought back the death penalty.I am all for it.A lot of people disagree with me but i believe in it si strongly.Especially when children are involved.The children of this earth are our future and its not on.Bring it back and lets have done with a lot of this.People will think twice about endangering other peoples lifes.We are too soft. [smiley=behead.gif]
Old 29-12-2003, 06:50   #9
Full Member+

IMO Hang him shoot him or fry his a**
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..