Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2009, 10:50   #1
Resting in Peace

Department of Work and Pensions

Yesterday I got a form to fill in from the Department of Work and Pensions, which I did immediately and sent it back. The post has just been and I've got another two letters from the Department of Work and Pensions, I opened the first one which told me they would be sending me a form which I should fill in and send it back, bolting the door when the horse has gone springs readily to mind. I opened the second letter which was the same form which I filled in yesterday, I decided to ring the help line, I told the young lady what had happened and she said the second one was probably a reminder and told me to ignore it. One has to wonder if they actually know what they are doing
Old 30-07-2009, 10:57   #2
I am Banned

Re: Department of Work and Pensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Yesterday I got a form to fill in from the Department of Work and Pensions, which I did immediately and sent it back. The post has just been and I've got another two letters from the Department of Work and Pensions, I opened the first one which told me they would be sending me a form which I should fill in and send it back, bolting the door when the horse has gone springs readily to mind. I opened the second letter which was the same form which I filled in yesterday, I decided to ring the help line, I told the young lady what had happened and she said the second one was probably a reminder and told me to ignore it. One has to wonder if they actually know what they are doing
Its quite possible for the post office to have caused the error, who nows what happens to the post once they get their hands on it, and how long they've had it before they deliver, they could have had the first one a week.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 10:58   #3
God Member

When you have cheap labour in the civil service, you get a cheap service.
Just be thankful that the person you called spoke English

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 11:03   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Do yo know Margaret, on the occasions I've had to ring W & P or the DHSS I have always had some one who speaks English, might have been lucky though
Old 30-07-2009, 11:08   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Its quite possible for the post office to have caused the error, who nows what happens to the post once they get their hands on it, and how long they've had it before they deliver, they could have had the first one a week.

Retlaw
Irrespective Retlaw, each form was dated the one yesterday was dated the 23rd July the one today dated the 24th July
Old 30-07-2009, 11:12   #6
God Member

Quote:
Do yo know Margaret, on the occasions I've had to ring W & P or the DHSS I have always had some one who speaks English, might have been lucky though
When I was working there 15 years ago, there was consideration being given to outsourcing call centres in Asia.

Old 30-07-2009, 16:01   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
When I was working there 15 years ago, there was consideration being given to outsourcing call centres in Asia.
I think there call centre is in somewhere like Northampton Margaret, I had a few problems about three years ago when I turned 60 and I rang this number and I actually asked this woman where she was based, I'm nearly sure that's what she told me
Old 30-07-2009, 17:13   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The same goes for under educated members of the civil service who do appear to be in the majority from my experiance.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 17:19   #9
God Member

Nowadays they are just keyboard 'button pushers' on the minumum wage mostly

Old 30-07-2009, 17:59   #10
I am Banned

Hello everyone on Accy Web.

My first post would be to ask the person who is speaking about the department for work and pensions sending a form..
Did you requst the form or did it come out of the blue?

Is it any different than the kind of form you are used too?
Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 08:56   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life View Post
Hello everyone on Accy Web.

My first post would be to ask the person who is speaking about the department for work and pensions sending a form..
Did you requst the form or did it come out of the blue?

Is it any different than the kind of form you are used too?
Don't get too many forms these days (this one was from PC2 04/08) was sent from Warrington and had a PO Box Chester return address. It wasn't a computer generated form as the envelope it came in and my name, address NI number, tel number, return by date and help line number were all hand written, as was the second one I received the following day. The thing that annoyed me more than anything was the fact that obviously two people had sent me the same form, pausing the question does the right hand know what the left hand is doing
Old 31-07-2009, 08:59   #12
God Member

Quote:
Don't get too many forms these days (this one was from PC2 04/08) was sent from Warrington and had a PO Box Chester return address. It wasn't a computer generated form as the envelope it came in and my name, address NI number, tel number, return by date and help line number were all hand written, as was the second one I received the following day. The thing that annoyed me more than anything was the fact that obviously two people had sent me the same form, pausing the question does the right hand know what the left hand is doing
Two people looking after your interest John..........Lucky Man?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 09:09   #13
God Member

Quote:
pausing the question does the right hand know what the left hand is doing
I've heard about them sort of parties but never been to one!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 09:10   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Two people looking after your interest John..........Lucky Man?
It'll be alright if I get double bubble Roy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..