Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did Graham Jones make the right vote, in your opinion?
Yes, he made the right vote. 5 10.87%
No, he didn't make the right vote. 41 89.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2011, 09:27   #256
Give, give, give member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Garinda and the lap dogs have turned it into some massive poll of public opinion
Carry on.

You can call me all the names under the sun, if it makes you feel better.

Labelling the 41 members who voted in the poll as 'lap dogs', who voted that they want a referendum on the E.U., will win you no friends on here.

To back up the poll result, there have been posts made to support members' demands that we should be given a right to vote in a referendum, by people of all political pursuasion, and those who have no party political allegiance.

That's the reality of the situation.

To choose to ignore that fact, shows who really is the lap dog.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2011, 09:39   #257
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Funny Mancie, yeh made some daft comments in the early hours,but this must rank wi the daftest, unless of course yeh can provide evidence of a poll giving the opposite view? cos i sure as hell aint seen one.all the ones i have seen in media or tv,say exactly the same as the 50 on here.by the way using yer daft logic this wonderful government we got now has been elected by the same token.so come on show us yer not wrong provide the evidence.
Cashy, please don't hold your breath waiting for him to find the evidence to contradict what the rest of us poor lapdogs are saying.
Perhaps Mancie likes the thought of people coming in from the eastern bloc(and eventually Turkey...well, if the EU doesn't crash and burn first that is) and dipping their bread in his gravy......entitled to all benefits from day one, housing, health care...sending child benefit home to boost their economy...perhaps it soothes his poor old conscience to think that UK tax-payer can help these disadvantaged people. Yeah Right!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 09:52   #258
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cash, please don't hold your breath waiting for him to find the evidence to contradict what the rest of us poor lapdogs are saying.
Perhaps Mancie likes the thought of people coming in from the eastern bloc(and eventually Turkey...well, if the EU doesn't crash and burn first that is) and dipping their bread in his gravy......entitled to all benefits from day one, housing, health care...sending child benefit home to boost their economy...perhaps it soothes his poor old conscience to think that UK tax-payer can help these disadvantaged people. Yeah Right!
There are some people who think its right that GB plc be used as the doormat for the rest of the down and outs from other countries in Europe, who have sussed that our benefit system pays far more than the systems in their own countries, and whats more the unelected bureaucrats are saying the GB must pay these people through our benefit system, yet we aren't allowed a say in this because our politicians now best
Old 15-11-2011, 10:09   #259
Beacon of light

John, our self serving politicians only think they know best.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 10:37   #260
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
John, our self serving politicians only think they know best.
Ya that's why, over the last few years, after spending most of my life involved, I have become so disillusioned with politics and politicians. When I first entered into the political arena you became a councillor because you want to work for the people you lived amongst and whats more you didn't get paid, unless you had to miss work, which was very rare indeed. Now as we've seen over the last few years, its just how much can I make out of it, for the least effort, and don't forget the exes
Old 19-11-2011, 00:06   #261
Give, give, give member

Blimey just seen this.

Do you want your MP to uphold his election pledge to hold a referendum?

Yes
...... 22.....91.67%
No ......... 2.......8.33%

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...aty-37502.html

Perhaps Graham's getting a bit muddled.

This 91.67% might be where he's got his mythical '95% of people don't give a toss about Europe'.

Well he's nearly right.

91.67% is very nearly 95%.

Old 20-11-2011, 15:06   #262
Give, give, give member

'Last year, Mr Cameron promised to fight for a “cut or a freeze” in the 2011 EU budget, but was eventually forced to settle for a rise of 2.9 per cent, costing Britain another £450 million.'

'The additional payment would take Britain’s annual EU contribution to more than £10 billion in 2012, the equivalent of £400 for every household.'

'George Osborne, the Chancellor, accusing EU officials of having lost touch with reality.'

'Last night the Government refused to say what, if any, increase in Britain’s contributions ministers were prepared to accept, prompting charges that they would eventually “roll over” and agree to hand over more taxpayers’ money.'

David Cameron under pressure to block EU demand for £400 per British family - Telegraph

Can't imagine there are 95% of Hyndburn households who 'don't give a toss', according to Graham Jones, about coughing up an EXTRA £400 each next year, to send to our E.U. brethren.

Last edited by garinda; 20-11-2011 at 15:08.
Old 20-11-2011, 15:12   #263
God Member

there may not be an F in europe but we certainly need to get the F out of it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 15:13   #264
God Member

Not clear if it's an additional sum taking the amount per family up to £400 or and extra £400 per family....?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 15:15   #265
God Member

not to worry by the time camerons cuts have put everyone out of work there wont be anyone to pay the euro bill so we may either get evicted or repossessed.

only kidding theres always money in the pot for other countries

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 15:25   #266
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Not clear if it's an additional sum taking the amount per family up to £400 or and extra £400 per family....?
What is clear is that we'll just bend over, and pay it...as usual.

Old 20-11-2011, 15:33   #267

Yes but we'll do it in a proud stiff upper lipped way, with a nice strong cup of tea to take away the pain.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 16:10   #268
God Member

Which may fall foul of EU packaging rules that tea may not be a painkiller, just as water may not hydrate.
Old 20-11-2011, 16:22   #269
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Which may fall foul of EU packaging rules that tea may not be a painkiller, just as water may not hydrate.
Tea is definitely diuretic -and everyone does seem to be Pee-ed off with this subject....

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 16:48   #270
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
-and everyone does seem to be Pee-ed off with this subject....
Sadly, I'm afraid there's no end in sight.

Still, I always wanted a hobby, besides my European dolls and troll collection.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..