Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did Graham Jones make the right vote, in your opinion?
Yes, he made the right vote. 5 10.87%
No, he didn't make the right vote. 41 89.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2012, 09:13   #721
Give, give, give member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You always get mixed up with that one, it was you who was voting for bumps not me

No, I'm like an old Nelly the elephant.

I never forget.

You made a joke about breasts, and also said you could never vote Labour.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2012, 09:20   #722
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think that being 'involved' in politics is a bit different to being a politician.
Yes, a maid who works in a brothel, isn't an actual whore.

She just helps them out when they're busy.

Isn't politics the second oldest profession in the world?

Last edited by garinda; 30-05-2012 at 09:23.
Old 30-05-2012, 10:21   #723
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think that being 'involved' in politics is a bit different to being a politician.
My point entirely Margaret
Old 30-05-2012, 10:22   #724
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes, a maid who works in a brothel, isn't an actual whore.

She just helps them out when they're busy.

Isn't politics the second oldest profession in the world?

Its actually debatable which came first Rindi
Old 31-05-2012, 18:03   #725

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

I'm watching this one with interest, we'll see how Mr Jones blog post holds water regarding the peoples pledge, now that there is cross party support in the Cheadle campaign.

He's already on shaky ground by branding Europhobes as inflammatory, because I see nothing inflammatory in the following blog from the Peoples Pledge founder.

People's Pledge: For every John Redwood, you need a Jon Cruddas | Total Politics
Old 10-06-2012, 18:34   #726
Give, give, give member

'Lord Owen is the most senior political figure to back a referendum publicly.'

'He twice resigned from the Labour front bench over its opposition to the then European Economic Community and founded the rival Social Democratic Party.'

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Give us a vote on EU demands Lord Owen

Good to see at least one ex-Labour, pro-European minister, has finally realised that the we deserve a say, whether we want to be a part of a centralised governed state, that the European Union has become, and which is very far removed from the purely trade alliance, that we voted to join in the seventies.

Let's hope today's active politicans wake up and smell the café...before it's too late.

Old 10-06-2012, 18:37   #727
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Big fault wi Owen to me..............Hes goes the way the winds blowing. even if i do agree wi him, regard him as a tosspot.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:05   #728
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Big fault wi Owen to me..............Hes goes the way the winds blowing. even if i do agree wi him, regard him as a tosspot.
Ya cashy ya stick your left leg in your left leg out, in out, in out, shake it all about
Old 13-06-2012, 17:44   #729
Give, give, give member

'The Labour Party manifesto calls for a 100% elected House of Lords. However, the Labour Party also believes that before making such a huge change, there should be a referendum – only if the country votes through a referendum for Lords Reform should it go ahead.'

Graham Jones MP: Lords Reform should not go ahead just to appease the Liberal Democrats

Oh well, if those pulling the strings, say a referendum is the only answer, when there's momentous change planned, that's ok then.

I suppose a referendum would 'settle the issue democratically'.

Which Graham Jones posted on here would also be the case, in a referendum on E.U. membership.

Two short weeks prior to voting against us having that democratic right.

After all, the European Union has momentously changed, from when we voted in a referendum to join an economic trade alliance called the Common Market.

Old 13-06-2012, 18:43   #730
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'The Labour Party manifesto calls for a 100% elected House of Lords. However, the Labour Party also believes that before making such a huge change, there should be a referendum – only if the country votes through a referendum for Lords Reform should it go ahead.'

Graham Jones MP: Lords Reform should not go ahead just to appease the Liberal Democrats

Oh well, if those pulling the strings, say a referendum is the only answer, when there's momentous change planned, that's ok then.

I suppose a referendum would 'settle the issue democratically'.

Which Graham Jones posted on here would also be the case, in a referendum on E.U. membership.

Two short weeks prior to voting against us having that democratic right.

After all, the European Union has momentously changed, from when we voted in a referendum to join an economic trade alliance called the Common Market.
Hey ... that Common Market thing wasn't a bad idea. I have neither the time nor the inclination to trace how it grew, or mutated into the EU though The mess that the EU is in will certainly affect economies world wide ... us too. If the Greeks pull out; and if you guys get the referendum you want and deserve, the whole thing will come apart ... good riddance too. There will be a lot of short term pain, no doubt; but the long term gain will more than make up for it. And the Hun will for a third time in a century lose out in attempt at dominating Europe

Obviously I have no love for Germany; but you gotta admire their resilience and tenacity Maybe the Germans have been reading their Sun Tzu: "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 18:49   #731
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hey ... that Common Market thing wasn't a bad idea. I have neither the time nor the inclination to trace how it grew, or mutated into the EU though The mess that the EU is in will certainly affect economies world wide ... us too. If the Greeks pull out; and if you guys get the referendum you want and deserve, the whole thing will come apart ... good riddance too. There will be a lot of short term pain, no doubt; but the long term gain will more than make up for it. And the Hun will for a third time in a century lose out in attempt at dominating Europe

Obviously I have no love for Germany; but you gotta admire their resilience and tenacity Maybe the Germans have been reading their Sun Tzu: "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."
Even if the give us a referendum Eric doesn't mean they'll take any notice of it, they're like that politicians, they always know best
Old 13-06-2012, 19:04   #732
Beacon of light

Yes, John.......I'm sure that I read somewhere(one of the online newspapers) that even if we were offered the chance to vote on the EU, it would not be binding!
Where is the point in that eh? Appeasement...pandering to the electorate without actually doing anything positive on the results......unfortunately, that sounds about right.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 19:10   #733
Super Moderator

They'll do what they did with Ireland. They'll make us keep repeating the exercise until we come up with the "correct" result.
Old 13-06-2012, 19:15   #734
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
They'll do what they did with Ireland. They'll make us keep repeating the exercise until we come up with the "correct" result.
Disagree, to repeat, yeh gotta get the exercise in the first place.
Old 13-06-2012, 19:36   #735
Super Moderator

Not so sure about that. I reckon the rapid rate at which things are changing in Europe with the euro on the point of unravelling before our eyes, they might have to give us a referendum. But they'll fudge the question or ignore the result or do something to deny our wishes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..