Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did Graham Jones make the right vote, in your opinion?
Yes, he made the right vote. 5 10.87%
No, he didn't make the right vote. 41 89.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2012, 00:07   #796
God Member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps if you take off your blinkers for a minute, and look where Mickey Mouse's hands are pointing, you'll find out.
Calm down now.. if you are in a dark room just feel around for your pills..you'll feel better in the morning.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2012, 00:13   #797
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
But you don't have a representive in this government
Government - the organization, machinery, or agency through which a political unit exercises authority and performs functions and which is usually classified according to the distribution of power within it.

Perhaps you should be lobbying your own Liberal Democrat M.P., Simon Hughes, a politician from a party which forms this coalition, which has the ruling majority in parliament, about this outrageous abuse of British tax payers' money.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 00:23   #798
God Member

Quote:
Government - the organization, machinery, or agency through which a political unit exercises authority and performs functions and which is usually classified according to the distribution of power within it.
And?.. your local MP has very little effect on the machinery of this government so he can shout, grovel, moan scream and cry about anything and it would make little difference.
Old 29-06-2012, 00:25   #799
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Calm down now.. if you are in a dark room just feel around for your pills..you'll feel better in the morning.
Oh dear.

The sun really is over the yardarm, isn't it?

You might have a hilariously theatrical christian name, but sadly not any talent apparently, for the comedic stage.

Don't give up your day job.

Every town needs a pish-soaked alkie.

I'm off now, before you start bandying the 'c-word' about again, and get yourself banned...once more.

Remember.

A moment on the lips, a lifetime sat in your own urine.

Old 29-06-2012, 00:28   #800
Give, give, give member

Quote:
he can shout, grovel, moan scream and cry about anything and it would make little difference.
Our own M.P. does waste his time doing all those things.

Bleating about scrap metal, Google, and now asking for a discount, for paying in cash.

Old 29-06-2012, 00:34   #801
God Member

Quote:
Oh dear.

The sun really is over the yardarm, isn't it?

You might have a hilariously theatrical christian name, but sadly not any talent apparently, for the comedic stage.
Well here we go again..thinking about when we were mates I always keep this photo

Sorry I messed up your makeup
Old 29-06-2012, 00:46   #802
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well here we go again..thinking about when we were mates.
Er...sorry to shatter any illusions, but we were never 'mates'.

I'm very choosy, and quite selective about whom I befriend.

I look on it as yet one more bonus.

Now I'm no longer supporting Labour.

Being shown just how narrow-minded and nasty, some of their supporters are, is really very enlightening.

Old 29-06-2012, 07:20   #803
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ah I see.. it's all yer bleedin labours fault.. can't say I noticed any changes made in the banking system that allowed illegal fixing of interest rates ..Am I in some sort of different time zone or do we have a not so new government?.. and what are they going to do about it?
Quite right, the present government should be doing something about it. However, as we're discussing the pronouncements of a Labour MP, it is quite reasonable and logical to refer back to the actions of the last Labour government. Incidentally, when your lot were last in power and we were having a pop at them, I seem to recall you going on about what the Tories did or didn't do when they were in power...or can't you remember that far back?
Old 29-06-2012, 08:29   #804
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right, the present government should be doing something about it. However, as we're discussing the pronouncements of a Labour MP, it is quite reasonable and logical to refer back to the actions of the last Labour government. Incidentally, when your lot were last in power and we were having a pop at them, I seem to recall you going on about what the Tories did or didn't do when they were in power...or can't you remember that far back?
Don't be silly Wyn, to many Special Brew's have gone under the bridge since then
Old 29-06-2012, 12:48   #805
God Member

Quote:
Well here we go again..thinking about when we were mates I always keep this photo

Sorry I messed up your makeup
didnt have you down as a sloppy kisser mate

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 12:58   #806
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I don't think so.. any local MP in opposition has very little power and it's fair to say Graham Jones has little support on Accy Web whatever the in's n out's are. but it sometimes seems a good distraction to this governments actions.
Disagree strongly, I would say Graham had a very good support on here, yeh only have to look back at things, yeh was always the opposition slagging off, which is par fer the course, So i wonder why things seem to have disintegrated?
Old 29-06-2012, 15:28   #807
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Margaret your still banging on about JFK, Dianna and the flaming moon landingsand they've all been done to death over years and years and years
Can't understand why the Napoleon case hasn't been included
Old 29-06-2012, 17:13   #808
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Can't understand why the Napoleon case hasn't been included
Probably not conspiring enough Barrie

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..