Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2009, 09:09   #1
Senior Member+

Dispersal Order working well??? Yeah right!!

Myself and a lot of people on my street were very angry this weekend after reading both the Telegraph & Observer, about the Union Road dispersal order has been hailed a success!!

Dispersal order working well in Oswaldtwistle (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Hmmmm?? Me thinks not. Do they actually think that these kids when moved on from Union Road go home, get into their PJ's and sit down in front of Corrie?? No they do not! They move off Union Road and down our street. One night last weekend I was coming down the street on my way home from work at around 11pm there was a group of about 25 of them walking down the street all armed with massive sticks, planks of wood and one of them even had a hammer. Needless to say I felt very intimidated, luckily someone who lives on the street was stood outside their house, so I went and stood with them until they had moved. This person was stood at the door as he had rung the police. I then went home and went up to bed at about 11.30pm. I could hear a lot of shouting and screaming and when I looked out of the window and they were stood at the end of the street shouting at someone (although I couldn't tell who this was at the time, I found out later it was several people who lived on the street who were telling them to move on as suprise. suprise the police hadn't turned up!!)

I'm sorry but it may be a success on Union Road but not down here. This sort of order will never work! Because they will just move on somewhere else to an area where other people live, then they will complain.

In my opinon the only way to deal with it is to set a curfew. When I went to Cornwall they were half way through a curfew trail in Redruth and that seemed to be working very well.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2009, 09:18   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Dispersal Order working well??? Yeah right!!

that sounds about right Lolly, if union rd goes quiet, looks good in the media n their eyes. they should have n order to enable em to deal with the problem, NOT move it.
Old 20-04-2009, 09:48   #3
Give, give, give member

A whole load of them had a big fire in the nature reserve, on Friday night I think, which may explain them carrying wood.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 09:51   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
A whole load of them had a big fire in the nature reserve, on Friday night I think, which may explain them carrying wood.
It wasnt weekend just gone, it was the one before.
Old 20-04-2009, 09:54   #5
Resting in Peace

At the end of the day its down to the parents to make sure their kids toe the line, when I was young I was told that time to be in and if I wasn't I didn't go out the next night, simple as that. The authorities can only do so much, discipline starts in the home
Old 20-04-2009, 10:08   #6
God Member

maybe they where going to build a house with the wood and hammer?

ok sorry, i'll get my coat
Old 20-04-2009, 13:44   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
maybe they where going to build a house with the wood and hammer?

ok sorry, i'll get my coat
Hee hee!!

Jaysay, I agree completely. Which is why a curfew would be a good idea. If the parents dont give their children the disipline to stick to it then they get a fine!
Old 20-04-2009, 20:59   #8
Resting in Peace

some idiot child was setting fireworks off in the streets around ossy tonight..... my mate called the police ( again nothing done )
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 21:06   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
some idiot child was setting fireworks off in the streets around ossy tonight..... my mate called the police ( again nothing done )
It's a pity we can't set them on fire........I don't mean the police.
Old 21-04-2009, 09:06   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Why
Old 25-04-2009, 00:17   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Why
because the smell of bacon may offend some folk

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 00:31   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
yeah there's a song about that.. "build a bonfire put the scousers on the top..stick the city in the middle and burn the lot."....not a nice song but seems to be the attitude of the old codgers on here regarding our kids

Last edited by Mancie; 25-04-2009 at 00:37.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 07:03   #13

Obviously you don't have a problem with the little gits Mancie........IMO the little gits who cause these problems should be on the top, and I would light the fire

Last edited by Mick; 25-04-2009 at 07:47.
LYNX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 07:46   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
... my mate called the police ( again nothing done )
Did your mate get a log number for the incident and then call back later when it was still going on to find out what they had done?

Also if a similar problem occurs the following night phone up quoting the log number. It starts to make their figures look bad when you keep using the same incident number and say it can't be closed because it has not been resolved.

S/he could always speak with the local Inspector as well.
Old 25-04-2009, 07:48   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
....IMO the little gits who cause these problems should be on the top, and I would light the fire
I think killing children is a bit over the top don't you. We all know the biggest problem is the parents anyway.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..