Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 10:34   #31
I am Banned

Re: diy smokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
We need a giving up smoking thread
why has accyweb fallen under the no smoking in public places rules ?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2006, 17:26   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
why has accyweb fallen under the no smoking in public places rules ?
KIPAX seems to be on a crusade. We will just publicly support it but scream blue murder in private areas.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 18:33   #33
Yank in King Art's Court!

Hey Cherokee, maybe your Virginia Cousin can be of some assistance in this endeavor. Wasn't it Sir Walter Raleigh that first brought tobacco over there from Virginia? Send me some seeds (or info on where you got yours) and I'll send the finished product. If Customs has a problem with it we can say we're conducting some sort of Historical Re-inactment .

At the moment we are being hit very hard by the "remnants" of that hurricane. With 40 mile-an-hour winds and 5 inches of rain so far, it doesn't feel much like a remnant. It is SO nice to finally break the drought and 90 degree weather.though!

Unfortunetly, the aforementioned weather is causing some big trees and limbs to fall. So while you're all nice, tidy, and warm in your beds, I'll be doing a walk-about the fence-line and checking on the critters!

See Ya!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:59   #34
Resident Waffler

As a non-smoker, who never has, why on earth am I reading this thread and wondering if I've discovered another use for my Flatley?
I could rent it out for drying space when not being used for clothes!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:08   #35
God Member

just wondering if anyone has seen the link that i put on with first post www.coffinails.com there is a forum there and folk all over are actually growing it successfully so fingers crossed
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:16   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
just wondering if anyone has seen the link that i put on with first post www.coffinails.com there is a forum there and folk all over are actually growing it successfully so fingers crossed

Just had a quick shufty at the site. It seems a bit complicated unless you live in the tropics.

How are you going to grow your's? Indoors, outdoors, or in a greenhouse?

Sounds exciting though. Keep us posted on how it goes.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:32   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Just had a quick shufty at the site. It seems a bit complicated unless you live in the tropics.

How are you going to grow your's? Indoors, outdoors, or in a greenhouse?

Sounds exciting though. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Will be doing both Garinda , the guy across from us has his outside and boy do they look good, cant wait to get started.So many people miss out on things through believing they arent possible but I am a big believer in giving things a go even if it does seem like the impossible , and im not affraid of failing because at least i know ive tried. Unfortunatly cant plant until feb so its just a matter of preparing the ground at the moment, but once planted will be posting regular updates and pics
Old 02-09-2006, 11:36   #38
Give, give, give member

I think waiting for the Spring may be wise.

It says they take 10-12 weeks to grow in frost free conditions, but the way the weather has turned we may be getting frost in 10-12 days.

Old 02-09-2006, 14:35   #39
God Member

Better watch were you do grow it in case the police decide to raid the place thinking you are growing drugs.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 21:39   #40
God Member

well if they have done thier homework they,d know lol
Old 03-09-2006, 09:34   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
well if they have done thier homework they,d know lol
Police do their homework now thats a laugh. They get a kick out of busting into peoples homes.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-04-2007, 22:44   #42
God Member

Right back to this...the experiment has begun, all seeds have gone into the proporgaters and my camera is at hand for when they peep through . so fingers crossed that it works ..
Old 20-04-2007, 00:36   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Right back to this...the experiment has begun, all seeds have gone into the proporgaters and my camera is at hand for when they peep through . so fingers crossed that it works ..
Hope you haven't planted them in the swimming pool, like your neighbours in Broughton did, just before they were raided the other day.

Oh sorry, they were growing whacky-baccy.

Old 20-04-2007, 01:34   #44
Yank in King Art's Court!

I'm telling ya folks, let your virginian cousin grow it for ya. It was good enough back when the colonist shipped it back from here! Save some seeds for me and I'll bring the finished product over in the fall.

No how about finding seeds to grow my own tea???? Okay, maybe for another thread.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 12:37   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
I'm telling ya folks, let your virginian cousin grow it for ya. It was good enough back when the colonist shipped it back from here! Save some seeds for me and I'll bring the finished product over in the fall.

No how about finding seeds to grow my own tea???? Okay, maybe for another thread.

Brian
Would the leaves be good enough to make a decent cigar then? As for tea you might need to be in the Rockies somewhere.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..