Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2006, 12:21   #1
God Member

diy smokers

Not sure if in right thread here but im sure it will be moved if not.

just about to embark on a new project of growing our own tobacco.both hubby and i are smokers and one of or fellow allotters has already got his well and truely underway and gave us the site to get our own seeds .
We have bought our seeds which arrived this morning through the post and hubby is off now to prepare the ground ready for first lot..

Now i know it is legal to grow your own tobacco in this country but illegal to sell so we thought we would give it a try .but i wasnt aware that it was possilble to grow but if it does work it makes a lot of sense for a smoker to grow thier own as it means you no longer have to pay the extortionate prices we do for cigs .apperently you dont even need a garden as it can be done in pots according to the website. www.coffinails.com

Did wonder if anyone has tried though and been successful?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2006, 13:18   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: diy smokers

Are you sure you bought tobacco seeds?
Old 30-08-2006, 13:20   #3
Give, give, give member

Can I order some menthol ones please?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2006, 13:35   #4
God Member

I would have thought the problem would lie not in growing the tobacco, but in drying out the leaves.. As far as I am aware, you can't exactly hang your baccy on the washing line - they don't even do that in Cuba or South Africa - so it is ulikely you will be able to hang 'em from the underside of the North Pier.

Still, a fasinating experiment...maybe one day, with global warming, the finest Havannas will have given way to the best Blackpools.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2006, 14:25   #5
I am Banned

Hehehehehe nice one cherokee you will have to let us know if its successful
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2006, 14:37   #6
God Member

well according to the instructions leaves can be hung in a conservatory , outdoor lean to or garage for drying . then transferred to loft until curing. there are 8 pages of instuctions n am not going to type em all off lol.but way i look at it is it must be possible ,(yes even in blackpool) if the guy across from us is on his 3rd year . time and patience and ability to follow intructions might just save me a small fortune if i wish to carry on smoking

be assured i will keep you updated after planting and will put pics on as they develope
Old 30-08-2006, 14:49   #7
God Member

I can't believe no one has commented on the site url name

I agree though.. interesting.. havent had a fag in 10 years meself but still interested..
Old 30-08-2006, 14:51   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I can't believe no one has commented on the site url name

I agree though.. interesting.. havent had a fag in 10 years meself but still interested..
yes it is an appropriate one haha ..tried giving up last year but only managed to last 5 mnth
Old 30-08-2006, 14:55   #9
God Member

After 25 years of smoking I smoked herbal cigs from the chemist for a year... 1 quid for 20 and they stunk.. but aftre a year of smoking them it was easy to give up cus no thingy in em... and as bought from chemist then not bad for ya..

plus the moon was in the right orbit and stuff like that I suppose...

My wife smokes 3 or 4 times a year.. usually if out with a bunch of other women... has a load of fags when too much beer.. then thats it.. can go 6mths a year without another... summat wrong there eh
Old 30-08-2006, 15:00   #10
God Member

take a lot of will power and self dicipline to stop and start like that good on her
Old 30-08-2006, 15:02   #11
Give, give, give member

Are you going to sit by a waterfall and roll the baccy on your thigh, like they used to on the old tv adverts?

Old 30-08-2006, 15:02   #12
God Member

No thats the summat wrong bit... smoking doesnt interest her the rest of the time.. In fact Aug now she has probably only smoked twice this year
Old 30-08-2006, 15:03   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Are you going to sit by a waterfall and roll the baccy on your thigh, like they used to on the old tv adverts?
I can do that if you want mate... But I charge .... or was it directed at someone else ?
Old 30-08-2006, 15:04   #14
God Member

OMG garinda dont remember those ads how far back are going ? lol
Old 30-08-2006, 15:05   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I can do that if you want mate... But I charge .... or was it directed at someone else ?

Thanks for the offer Kipax...buy I think I'd prefer to roll my own!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..