Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2009, 10:24   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Do you think

I think this thread has turned into a slanging match and should be closed.
Old 20-03-2009, 11:00   #122
Senior Member+

Such a shame that the questioner doesn't like to be questioned!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 11:02   #123

nah she just thinks there isn't any point n woulld rather move onto some friendly banter
planetsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 11:02   #124
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet View Post
I think this thread has turned into a slanging match and should be closed.
I think your wrong on both counts, only one person being rude in this thread and that's the person that started it.

All she has to do to get the thread back on an even keel is clarify her first post, let people know clearly what her own opinions on the subject are. Oh, and stop being pretentious!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 11:04   #125
Senior Member+

Takes two to tango Susie!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 11:39   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Takes two to tango Susie!

Best Regards - Taggy
Quite right Taggy, or your dancing on your own
Old 20-03-2009, 12:18   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsusie View Post
nah she just thinks there isn't any point n woulld rather move onto some friendly banter
is it just me that suspects some kinda political connection here? political animals always tend to evade the question that many are asking.
Old 20-03-2009, 16:07   #128

Okay fair enough
I haven't offered a personal opinion on this
I should have done that when asked, sorry
I'm much in the same frame as a few others on here that I may have dispute and fall outs with family members but if someone else attacks them I jump in to defend them
My responses to a family members troubles are more active too in so much as I will dash over there to help when asked rather than just call them or arrange a time to visit.
I also get unreasonably angry when someone criticises a family member (even when they may be right) haha
Oh and I don't delete them from my phone book when they do something mean to me or let me down, I make excuses up for them cos I want to believe in them

Some of you are also very witty and I have laughed out loud reading back a few of the amusing responses, thanks for that. A smile is always good.

I can assure you there aren't any psychological analysis here or political connections here, I'm not shady enough

Oh n I dont live in Hull.. haha ...That isn't West Yorkshire, (well. Might be my geography is rubbish) I live in the Dewsbury area which is about 7 out of Leeds.
planetsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:57   #129
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
is it just me that suspects some kinda political connection here? political animals always tend to evade the question that many are asking.
What you talking about cashy
Old 20-03-2009, 17:13   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Okay fair enough
I haven't offered a personal opinion on this
I should have done that when asked, sorry
I'm much in the same frame as a few others on here that I may have dispute and fall outs with family members but if someone else attacks them I jump in to defend them
My responses to a family members troubles are more active too in so much as I will dash over there to help when asked rather than just call them or arrange a time to visit.
I also get unreasonably angry when someone criticises a family member (even when they may be right) haha
Oh and I don't delete them from my phone book when they do something mean to me or let me down, I make excuses up for them cos I want to believe in them

Some of you are also very witty and I have laughed out loud reading back a few of the amusing responses, thanks for that. A smile is always good.

I can assure you there aren't any psychological analysis here or political connections here, I'm not shady enough

Oh n I dont live in Hull.. haha ...That isn't West Yorkshire, (well. Might be my geography is rubbish) I live in the Dewsbury area which is about 7 out of Leeds.
i did retract the hull bit susie good on yer having a laugh at some of the comments. but ya don't work in Dewsbury.
Old 20-03-2009, 17:21   #131
God Member

change of mind its not late enough :-)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 20-03-2009 at 17:24.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 17:37   #132
Senior Member+

Quote:
completly off topic but... i have family in dewsbury and Batley

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 18:10   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
completly off topic but... i have family in dewsbury and Batley
As you mention "family", I don't think that you are at all off topic.

Damn Maple Leafs lost again last night .... 3-1, in favour of the Florida Panthers .... Now, that is completely off topic
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 10:27   #134
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
As you mention "family", I don't think that you are at all off topic.

Damn Maple Leafs lost again last night .... 3-1, in favour of the Florida Panthers .... Now, that is completely off topic
Having to drown your sorrows again Eric
Old 24-03-2009, 13:12   #135
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Do you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
What is your take on the question susie?? You've neglected to tell anyone what you think.
The art of opening a discussion on a topic is not to do it with your own opinion but to let others post theirs first. Then after a while voice your own view.

It avoids some people from taking an opposing view just to be argumentative.

And what do you think influences the dynamic?” An odd choice of words but I understood what they meant.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..