Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2012, 17:35   #46
Resting in Peace

re: Does it pay to work? - Workfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
Ive been fortunate today to get an interview tomorrow, at the new tesco's in padiham which is opening soon.So fingers crossed it all works out and I can get back to earning a wage again.
Best of luck Rob, hope your successful
Old 28-09-2012, 17:51   #47

Good luck for tomorrow Rob.
Old 28-09-2012, 17:56   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hope yeh get a break.
Old 28-09-2012, 18:40   #49

Thanks chaps, im really hoping this comes off and i can get back to working and get my self confidence and esteem back.Being out of work really does get you down so much.You can add another 1 to the stanley attendance aswell if i get the job, something ive missed alot as i used to go to alot of home games, but with money being short i havent been able to manage it.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 19:05   #50
Senior Member+

Good luck with the job interview.
Old 28-09-2012, 19:15   #51
Senior Member+

If your good on phones and computers you could try Express Gifts in Clayton. They just took a load on, but might take on more? Not everybody gets past the training....
Old 28-09-2012, 19:16   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
If your good on phones and computers you could try Express Gifts in Clayton. They just took a load on, but might take on more? Not everybody gets past the training....
Unless there Polish.
Old 28-09-2012, 20:07   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Unless there Polish.
To be honest there isn't many Polish in the Clayton one that I know of. That is more the warehouse.
Old 28-09-2012, 20:57   #54

I am confused, in two minds (or more than two) about this. On the one hand I totally see the OP's points, when you don't have much money it makes sense to not spend it-unless it's worth it-if you are on a work placement your travel has to be considered. Do the DWP still do the whole paying a jobseeker money to buy clothes/for travel etc when they get a job? Perhaps they should do something similar when placing on work placements and/or at least make sure that the placement is within walking distance if possible? Working costs money-travel, food, clothes, grooming, other things I am sure.
Do they put people on suitable work placements, to their skills and experience?
On the other hand, for the people who have no intention of getting a job and do not make any effort to get one, I would be happy to see them forced into doing some work in order to keep their benefits. But how would the gov have them differentiated?Sorry if I sound droll, I'm stumped on this one.
Old 28-09-2012, 21:14   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Nowt to be confused about, Its just a cheapskate way of massaging the employment figures.
Old 29-09-2012, 07:40   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I am confused, in two minds (or more than two) about this. On the one hand I totally see the OP's points, when you don't have much money it makes sense to not spend it-unless it's worth it-if you are on a work placement your travel has to be considered. Do the DWP still do the whole paying a jobseeker money to buy clothes/for travel etc when they get a job? Perhaps they should do something similar when placing on work placements and/or at least make sure that the placement is within walking distance if possible? Working costs money-travel, food, clothes, grooming, other things I am sure.
Do they put people on suitable work placements, to their skills and experience?
On the other hand, for the people who have no intention of getting a job and do not make any effort to get one, I would be happy to see them forced into doing some work in order to keep their benefits. But how would the gov have them differentiated?Sorry if I sound droll, I'm stumped on this one.
I asked all those questions a while back but hit a wall of silence so I've given up.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 15:08   #57

Lol
Old 29-09-2012, 18:14   #58

Had my interview this morning and should find out the early part of next week, fingers crossed i'l get it, i really hope so.
Old 29-09-2012, 18:23   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I'll try again.
What age are you?
what experience/qualifications do you have?
Is the placement near by?
Would It be a tremendous task to get there?
Do you trawl for jobs on a daily basis?
What does the job entail?
Are there any other reasonable prospects on the horizon?

I think you will find that during the coarse 0f a life time most people will have worked a month for nothing I know I have and probably a lot more.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Im 29.
Ive got my city and guilds in vehicle respraying.
The placement is in blackburn.
Its not a tremendous task to get there but thats not the point i have to pay my own travel expenses.
Ive applied for countless jobs, picking and packing, im willing to do any job, been to interviews only to be told im either to qualified and will leave when a better job comes up ie paintspraying.
This work placement is labouring and driving mainly.
As far reasonable prospects on the horizon well im hoping this tescos job comes off i really do otherwise i despair.
Old 29-09-2012, 19:53   #60

I had a job involving recruiting and interviewing,a while ago for a finance company..Any CVs with degrees or qualificatins that were trade-specific,went to the bottom of the pile,I learnt that in my training

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..