Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2020, 13:21   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Does it worry you....?

As far as im concerned the only objectors to the National Identity Card were complete Balloons.
Old 05-10-2020, 14:08   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
?..Interestingly there have been no such howls of protest to the 'Smart Phone' gradually not only taking over this role but covering a much wider data set.... I wonder how long it will be before somebody suggests that it should officially take on this role?
Not only has it been suggested it’s happening now.
In a few years if you don’t download your NHS app = no digital medical passport = no access to education, certain jobs/careers, travel....etc, etc.

This article, from a well-known right-wing conspiracy publication explains what’s been happening in China and how 17.5 million people were denied airline travel because they didn’t add up to ‘good’ citizens.
This is what they mean by the “new normal”.
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-credit-system
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 15:09   #63
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as im concerned the only objectors to the National Identity Card were complete Balloons.

well Cashy, that makes me one then.

I do not wish to carry an identity card.
Who is going to ask me for it?

why do they need to know who I am?
Is their reason for asking me for it legal?

I have nothing to hide, but do not want to have to carry and identity card.
If I am knocked down in the street and I am on my own(quite rare these days) my purse will identify me.
It has my name and telephone number in it...and of course my bank card.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 15:14   #64
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
A few years ago there were some moves to introduce a National Identity Card. There were significant numbers of objections to this on the grounds of privacy, loss of civil liberty etc. Interestingly there have been no such howls of protest to the 'Smart Phone' gradually not only taking over this role but covering a much wider data set. For example the biometric data that was planned for the identity card never included such items as the size and colour of your underwear** or your shoe size or dietry preferences or locations regularly visited. Of course it does not officially perform this function - until you become 'a person of interest'. I wonder how long it will be before somebody suggests that it should officially take on this role?

** Significant errors are possible - you may have purchased items for your partner (or someone else!)

and that is one of the biggest reasons why I do not want a smartphone.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 05-10-2020, 16:01   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
well Cashy, that makes me one then.

I do not wish to carry an identity card.
Who is going to ask me for it?

why do they need to know who I am?
Is their reason for asking me for it legal?

I have nothing to hide, but do not want to have to carry and identity card.
If I am knocked down in the street and I am on my own(quite rare these days) my purse will identify me.
It has my name and telephone number in it...and of course my bank card.
WELL nobodys perfect there are far too many illegals knocking about i do not wish to put up with that and nothing done simple as.
Old 05-10-2020, 17:12   #66
Beacon of light

You are right Cashy.....nobody is perfect.

So I have to prove I am not an illegal alien?
I can do that with my national insurance number, my NHS number and my work record.....and a sheaf of paid council tax stubs, a mortgage record that goes back to 1966.
You are going to tell me that all of this can be faked.....and that also applies to ID cards...even those with biometric information.
We both know how ingenious and underhand scammers and cloners are.
HMRC have no difficulty in finding me and knowing it IS me.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-10-2020 at 17:15.
Old 05-10-2020, 17:14   #67
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not only has it been suggested it’s happening now.
In a few years if you don’t download your NHS app = no digital medical passport = no access to education, certain jobs/careers, travel....etc, etc.

This article, from a well-known right-wing conspiracy publication explains what’s been happening in China and how 17.5 million people were denied airline travel because they didn’t add up to ‘good’ citizens.
This is what they mean by the “new normal”.
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-credit-system
I saw that article in the Gaurdian and it worried me then...it worries me even more now.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 05-10-2020, 17:18   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to be sure nothing in that excuse for a paper bothers me in fact not a great deal in any paper does,
Old 05-10-2020, 17:54   #69
Beacon of light

It is whether you believe what is being reported and there is evidence from other sources that say the report is authentic...and that is what worries me Cashy.
I would not choose to read the Guardian, but when you see reports of this nature from other sources you have to consider it to be accurate.

Roger Creemers Of Leiden University wrote a detailed paper about the way China is controlling the masses.
I would post a link, but feel sure that it would not be read...but if there is anyone out there who want to know more than the MSM tells us PM me and I will supply the link.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-10-2020 at 17:59.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:08   #70
God Member

Quote:
WELL nobodys perfect there are far too many illegals knocking about i do not wish to put up with that and nothing done simple as.
cashy, if we all had ID cards and had to carry em with us and show em when requested and would be fined if we didn,t you know the illegals would be told not to forget em next time. thats if they were stopped in the first place.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:18   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
cashy, if we all had ID cards and had to carry em with us and show em when requested and would be fined if we didn,t you know the illegals would be told not to forget em next time. thats if they were stopped in the first place.
Not at all if people woke up and changed the law. yeh gotta start somewhere with these spongers.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:20   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
and that is one of the biggest reasons why I do not want a smartphone.
and the joke is that older you are the less chance of you owning one or being on the tin ter net anyway. thought we were the group in danger, so whats the point.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:31   #73
God Member

Quote:
Not at all if people woke up and changed the law. yeh gotta start somewhere with these spongers.
it would only work if people like us were in power which i,m afraid aint going to happen. the WOKE, lefty, guardian reading, lentil eaters seem to be getting their way i,m afraid. there are so many now who actually want us to help and embrace the idea of law breaking by entering into a country by illegal means. when you go against their twisted ideas you are told you have no compassion and some kind of ist being quoted about you.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:28   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To be honest M.H. i could not care less what anyone labels me, or what they say, i will make my own mind up about things and stuff em.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:05   #75
Beacon of light

Cashy, when the thought police catch up with the two of us I hope we are in the same cell block...we could start some real discusions.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..