Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2020, 09:36   #1
Beacon of light

Does it worry you....?

Does it worry you tha Boris has said he will tweak bits of the Withdrawal Agreement(in relation to the border with Ireland), thus breaking international law?
Would this create embarrassment for you ?
Do you think it changes our standing in the world?
Do you think Tony Blair(war criminal....allegedly) and John Major have any right to poke their noses into this subject?
Both were appallingly bad prime ministers in their day.
I would be interested to hear the views of others.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2020, 10:09   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Does it worry you....?

i would be very pleased if Blair and Major got COVID.
nicola68 likes this.
Old 14-09-2020, 10:13   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Does it worry you tha Boris has said he will tweak bits of the Withdrawal Agreement(in relation to the border with Ireland), thus breaking international law?
Do you think it changes our standing in the world?
Do you think Tony Blair(war criminal....allegedly) and John Major have any right to poke their noses into this subject?
Both were appallingly bad prime ministers in their day.
I would be interested to hear the views of others.
It bothers me that with all the emphasis being on the damned Corona virus, everything else the government should be dealing with & informing people about is going under the radar
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2020, 10:36   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
would not want anyone really to get ill, but if you had to pick someone then Blair must be your man. just wonder how honest tony would have dealt with this virus and how many lies that would come out of that perma smile of a gob.
nicola68 and joaner3 like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2020, 10:39   #5
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1244588]

it will once johnson caves in and the brexit we eventually get is not the one we voted for.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2020, 10:58   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Personally i dont think he will cave in, only thing i can see to stop it, is the ****s in the house of commons, if they get enough of the scum.
Old 14-09-2020, 11:09   #7
Beacon of light

I asked the questions, but did not post my views on this.

The withdrawal agreement was forced onto Theresa May and she accepted it...I think in the hope that it would make getting a deal easier.
We all know that has not been the case.
It does not worry me that we would be seen to be breaking international law, because the EU have indulged in a campaign of dirty tricks and intimidatory language, threats and skulduggery...so in my book they are fair game.

As for Tony Blair and John Major, well they are arch remainers who still think that there is a way for them to promote their own twisted agenda.
Both of these men are beneath contempt.
I would not be embarrassed, and I hope that boris does what is necessary to get us out of the clutches of Brussels.....and if the EU don't want to trade with us, well that is OK too...but I cannot see the spanish not selling their tomatoes or cucmbers to us, or the germans not wanting to sell cars and domestic appliances...whether we still want o buy them is another matter entirely
nicola68, cashman, joaner3 and 1 others like this.
Old 14-09-2020, 11:17   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

that to me is a resonable description of what will happen Margaret,
Old 14-09-2020, 12:25   #9
God Member

I, and 17.4 million others, sincerely hope you’re right, Cashy.
But the way this Govt has flip-flopped on the Covid nonsense, and continued to take advice from discredited ‘experts’,....
I won’t believe it until we’re out, totally, with no future shackles.

Personally, I think a WTO deal (constantly smeared by the BBC and Remoaner Media as ‘no deal’) was the best option from day one.

As for the WA being foisted on Treason May, I think she was quite happy for it to tie the UK up in EU red tape for decades to come.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2020, 12:43   #10
Beacon of light

Geoffrey Cox the former attorney General ha said it is 'unconscionable' for the UK to break the rules.
It has a;ways been the tradition for the brits to follow the rules...and that is why we could NEVER fit in with the EU...it was because we followed rules in a slavish fashion.
Rukles that other countries chose whether to follow or discard...and the EU know that is a trait we are defined by...and they want to make mileage out of that fact.

It is said, if changes are made to the Withdrawal agreement, then we will lose our good reputation......so is it a fair trade off?
Break the rules and be free...or stick with the extracted promises and be forever seen as a soft touch and a 'patsy'.(which is, I think how the world sees us anyway)
I say tear up the bill and at the same time tell them they can whistle for their money

Exile, I think you are right about theresa May...I think she hoped the red tape would tie us to the EU forever, in the hope we would change our minds.
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-09-2020, 12:44   #11
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I, and 17.4 million others, sincerely hope you’re right, Cashy.
But the way this Govt has flip-flopped on the Covid nonsense, and continued to take advice from discredited ‘experts’,....
I won’t believe it until we’re out, totally, with no future shackles.

Personally, I think a WTO deal (constantly smeared by the BBC and Remoaner Media as ‘no deal’) was the best option from day one.

As for the WA being foisted on Treason May, I think she was quite happy for it to tie the UK up in EU red tape for decades to come.

Me too, me too!
Old 14-09-2020, 12:47   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
While I cannot stand either of these men, I do not wish ill on them, I just wish that their consciences would plague them for every minute of every day for the rest of their lives...like an itch that you cannot reach to scratch.
Old 14-09-2020, 12:57   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
While I cannot stand either of these men, I do not wish ill on them, I just wish that their consciences would plague them for every minute of every day for the rest of their lives...like an itch that you cannot reach to scratch.
oh i do, dont care what some think of me its no good mentioning conscience they i believe dont have them, i honestly think all this crap over our departure has been deliberately caused by the remoaning swine who where supposed to represent the people? that includes May, Cameron and a few more,
nicola68 likes this.
Old 14-09-2020, 14:16   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

No it doesn't worry me, I've obviously spent too long in fantasy land imagining it's the real world to let this worry me.
One day I might be brave enough to take my fingers out of my ears and stop singing la, la, la, but not yet.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2020, 15:45   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No it doesn't worry me, I've obviously spent too long in fantasy land imagining it's the real world to let this worry me.
One day I might be brave enough to take my fingers out of my ears and stop singing la, la, la, but not yet.

you and me both!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..