Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2008, 01:12   #1
Resting in Peace

Does the team think

Should shell drivers go on strike?
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2008, 02:03   #2
God Member

Re: Does the team think

greedy bastards should think themselves lucky they have jobs

i mistakenly upon first hearing about the strike thought it was some kind of protest about fuel prices but it turns out all the want is a cut of the extra profits shell are making from our misery( along with all the other oil companies of course )

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 02:10   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
greedy bastards should think themselves lucky they have jobs

i mistakenly upon first hearing about the strike thought it was some kind of protest about fuel prices but it turns out all the want is a cut of the extra profits shell are making from our misery( along with all the other oil companies of course )
Thats alright but could you manage on £800 a week with the price of fuel.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 03:13   #4
God Member

if they are self employed drivers and have to pay for their own fuel then i could understand it but if they are shell employees and dont have to pay for fuel then i dont see the problem

i have friends who are truck drivers both continental and inland and neither of them get anywhere close to £800 per week

dont forget not only do these drivers get a wage they get expenses and my friend for example dosnt have to touch his wage during the week as the expenses cover his living quite comfortably, some parking areas provide vouchers for free meals if you use their parking facility and various other perks including airmiles that they get when they fill up at petrol stations with the boss's money not theirs so i assume these shell drivers also know how to play the system and arnt as hard up as what they claim to be

£800 per week to drive a lorry and we pay nurses a quater of that , these truck drivers need a reality check , they arnt that important , shell should sack the lot of them and get some cheaper polish drivers

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 07:42   #5
God Member

Who will ultimately pay for this huge increase?? Yay! the same people who pay extortionate taxes on fuel and line the pockets of the greedy top brass at shell, you can bet the profits wont suffer for this rise, but the price at the pumps will. Its greed, but it is the fatcats at shell who are leading the greedy line!
Old 13-06-2008, 09:29   #6
Resting in Peace

There will only be one loser i this action and that will be the already hard pressed motorist
Old 13-06-2008, 10:10   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if it was fuel prices then yes i would back em, as its money i agree with accyman.
Old 13-06-2008, 10:14   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if they are self employed drivers and have to pay for their own fuel then i could understand it but if they are shell employees and dont have to pay for fuel then i dont see the problem

i have friends who are truck drivers both continental and inland and neither of them get anywhere close to £800 per week

dont forget not only do these drivers get a wage they get expenses and my friend for example dosnt have to touch his wage during the week as the expenses cover his living quite comfortably, some parking areas provide vouchers for free meals if you use their parking facility and various other perks including airmiles that they get when they fill up at petrol stations with the boss's money not theirs so i assume these shell drivers also know how to play the system and arnt as hard up as what they claim to be

£800 per week to drive a lorry and we pay nurses a quater of that , these truck drivers need a reality check , they arnt that important , shell should sack the lot of them and get some cheaper polish drivers
I just knew I wanted a new career path!
Old 13-06-2008, 11:30   #9
JFT96

They get £36500 and want over £40000, thats more than a lot of Airline pilots get. It took me, and still is, 5 years to pass all the exams, tests etc and every 12 months I know I could lose my license through my medical. How the hell can these drivers get paid so much, and where do I sign up.
I bet it does not take 5 years and lots of your own money, as there is no funding from the Government, to become a Tanker Driver.

Just for the record, so far, 21 Ground school exams, 7 before you solo in a single engine, 5 Tests for License and Ratings, 7 tests for renewals and operator specific, 5 medicals, proper ones every year, the sort BUPA do on you.
So where do I sign up, it's got to be a hell of a lot eaiser than winging a 70tonne aircraft around.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 12:50   #10
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I wouldnt like to drive one of them trucks....it would be like driving a timebomb!

I can understand why they are paid so much.....i think ill get me fella on that job!!

kidding!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..