Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By taddy
  • 1 Post By Less

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2020, 06:48   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Dog Walker Rules To Be Tightened?

What? With all that is going on in the world this is priority news?

Now, I loved the dogs I owned, part of the appeal was going out and about in appropriate places to let the dog have a good roam.

Surely the rules that need tightening are dog ownership, after all if you haven't the time or inclination to take your dog out then maybe you should consider not being a dog owner?

Of course there are exceptions, some people become ill and unable to walk their dog and become reliant on others to do this task for them (perhaps if you do call it a task instead of a pleasure then you shouldn't have a dog).

Yes, if you really need a dog walker then your pooch should be handed to a caring responsible person but, in the first place the owner should live up to their own responsibilities and really care for the hound themselves.

monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Less; 18-08-2020 at 06:50.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2020, 08:27   #2
God Member

Re: Dog Walker Rules To Be Tightened?

[QUOTE=Less;1243463

Surely the rules that need tightening are dog ownership, after all if you haven't the time or inclination to take your dog out then maybe you should consider not being a dog owner?

we have too many rules and regulations at the moment so i do not want dog ownership to be included in any new ones. having said that i often wonder why some buy a dog in the first place. a modern day partnership next door to me have a little dog that never does out ever. was brought up with dogs but did not get one myself until in my early 30,s for the simple reason that i just had not got any free time whatsoever to spend with a dog with all the overtime i did. as for dog walking businesses i doubt any mistreat animals but vary somewhat in the amount of exercise they give em.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 08:43   #3

Whats with the priority news on dog ownership Less, My steam driven computer keeps coming up with "cannot load plug in" and I can't find anything on the news about it.
There has never been a time in my 73 years that we have not had a dog in the house and they have always been part of the family,(still are)
monkey hanger likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 08:53   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Whats with the priority news on dog ownership Less, My steam driven computer keeps coming up with "cannot load plug in" and I can't find anything on the news about it.
There has never been a time in my 73 years that we have not had a dog in the house and they have always been part of the family,(still are)
It was on the beeb this a.m. rspca want rules tightened after dog walker filmed hitting dog in their care.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-538...n-pet-industry

The plug in is needed only to play the music I'd added don't worry about it, it only works with electric appliances.
taddy likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 09:17   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It was on the beeb this a.m. rspca want rules tightened after dog walker filmed hitting dog in their care.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-538...n-pet-industry

The plug in is needed only to play the music I'd added don't worry about it, it only works with electric appliances.
Cheers,Just love your sense of humour.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 22:48   #6

There are bad apples in every bunch, the same goes for dog walkers, car washers, window cleaners, milkmen et all.

I'm sure that the great majority of dog walkers are good animal loving people, however I do think that the adding of some form of licensing can only be good.
Good for whoever gets the fees because they will do zit about anyone who breaks the rules they setup.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 07:46   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
There are bad apples in every bunch, the same goes for dog walkers, car washers, window cleaners, milkmen et all.

I'm sure that the great majority of dog walkers are good animal loving people, however I do think that the adding of some form of licensing can only be good.
Good for whoever gets the fees because they will do zit about anyone who breaks the rules they setup.
they must know the way things are at the moment that the curtain twitchers are watching them now.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..