Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 20:03   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Donald Trump

No i am not saying owt of the sort, surprised you even think that. I wouldn't believe a word any of the leaders say either,n the media are only interested in selling papers n the like, anyone ever had dealing with main media knows that for certain.
Old 12-04-2018, 20:45   #17
Beacon of light

Cashy, I was only asking a question...there was no implication that you were saying anything.
And yes, of course the media want to sell papers....websites want to sell advertising space, but I cannot see that sabre rattling does that.

We really have no way to verify what news sources are telling us about ANYTHING....if the media told me it was night, I would need to go outside and check....so like you I am very cynical about what we are being fed.
I ask myself why someone wants me to believe this....what is in it for them.

The only way anyone can be sure of what has actually happened, you have to be there....seeing with your own eyes.

So it is difficult to determine what is true.

However, I do think that two men who are the political leaders of very powerful countries have a responsibility to the rest of the world to ensure their dealings are open and honest....and from what I can see, I would not trust either of these men as far as I could spit.
Both of these men are interested only in their own ego's...in power grabs and it is the little people who ultimately, pay the price...and that cannot be right.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 20:54   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

there aint a leader living that is honest and open,in the world in my opinion. as for what the media have to gain by sabre rattling, to me is the fact many saddos happen to love this.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-04-2018, 07:18   #19
Beacon of light

Maybe they aren't open and honest in our terms...but two world leaders who act like leaders of school yard gangs, do not inspire me with confidence for any kind of future.
The rhetoric that they are both indulging in is not diplomacy.....threats and counter threats are not useful in situations when people have been maimed and killed by illegal chemical weapons.

The question I asked earlier was,to determine whether you believed that the 'news' of the Salisbury nerve agent attack, and also the chemical gas attack on the town of Douma were staged to blacken the name of Russia...and Vladimir Putin?

Putin is supporting Bashir Al-Assad in his genocidal tactics....and while I do not believe that it is the job of the US or the UK to police the situation....it does need to be dealt with by someone.
If Vladimir Putin had ANY humanity he would be withdrawing his support from this regime.

Cashy, you know that I can only say it as I see it.
I do not say things on here to create conflict, I just state my opinions in an open and honest way.

However you look at it....the situation IS a worry, because it not an easy one to solve and it usually means that some of our young folk go out to these places and come back in coffins.
That saddens me.
Old 13-04-2018, 08:16   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think we are as close to a serious conflict as we have ever been in my lifetime...but I hope I am wrong.
think you could be right margaret. do not know all the ins and outs of the syria problem and who is the alternative to assad. at the end of the day would syria be worth a world conflict.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 09:53   #21
Beacon of light

In a word NO.
I do not know who the alternative to Bashir Al-Assad is either, but then I am not a world politician/leader or a diplomat....these are the people who have the onerous task of making sure that peace is upheld....they are paid an awful lot of money to do this.

where is our Middle East Peace envoy in all of this?...that odious man Tony Blair(who has to take a good slice of the responsibility for general. unrest in this region)....currently he is more interested in foiling our exit from the EU, than getting involved in a diplomatic solution.

The peace of the world is at stake...and I do not think this is media hype just to sell advertising space or newspapers.
Old 13-04-2018, 10:04   #22
Beacon of light

Maybe they aren't open and honest in our terms...but two world leaders who act like leaders of school yard gangs, do not inspire me with confidence for any kind of future.
The rhetoric that they are both indulging in is not diplomacy.....threats and counter threats are not useful in situations when people have been maimed and killed by illegal chemical weapons.

The question I asked earlier was,to determine whether you believed that the 'news' of the Salisbury nerve agent attack, and also the chemical gas attack on the town of Douma were staged to blacken the name of Russia...and Vladimir Putin?

Putin is supporting Bashir Al-Assad in his genocidal tactics....and while I do not believe that it is the job of the US or the UK to police the situation....it does need to be dealt with by someone.
If Vladimir Putin had ANY humanity he would be withdrawing his support from this regime.

Cashy, you know that I can only say it as I see it.
I do not say things on here to create conflict, I just state my opinions in an open and honest way.

However you look at it....the situation IS a worry, because it not an easy one to solve and it usually means that some of our young folk go out to these places and come back in coffins.
That saddens me.
Old 13-04-2018, 10:57   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It aint easy n i dont know the answer, no i dont think for 1 min the news was provided to blacken Putins name, was never any need for that, all with a grain of sense know what Putin is, and has been for all his term of office. Putin will not withdraw his troops as Russia wants a foothold down yon. i think though he could warn assad against using chemical weapons, doubt if he will. i am well aware yeh state things as yeh see em, sod all wrong wi that, i do exactly the same. it dont worry me in the slightest, and i do not think our troops will be going out yon on foot to war.
Old 13-04-2018, 12:06   #24
Beacon of light

Yes, Cashy...I kind of knew that you got where I was coming from...but others on here may not have got the cut of my gib.
There is so much aggravation between these two men...and neither of them appear to be stable leaders...they are both egomaniacs(that is just how I see it...blusterers....using language that Kids use 'My missiles are bigger than yours'...met by 'yeah, but mine are shinier than yours')...when what they BOTH should be doung is sitting down across a table and working out how to bring Bashir Al-Assad into line...they should be investigating if he is telling the truth about what he is doing...and if he is NOT, then action should be taken by both of these leaders...a coalition of action, by two powerful world leaders.

It may not be our boys and girls(but then again, it might)...but it will be some other mothers sons and daughters....and it should be those who stir the pot that sort out the mess, but it never is...and as far as I can see, it never will be.
Old 13-04-2018, 12:14   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I think the bluster by em is exactly that, I reckon the yanks and ruskies are in dialogue without doubt, also i think that like last time the yanks will warn the ruskies before any missile strike is launched. be amazed if that dont happen.
Old 13-04-2018, 12:23   #26
Beacon of light

I do hope you are right Cashy.
It would be very sad if those who lost their lives in various conflicts are betrayed by these two men.
It would mean that nothing has been learned.
Old 13-04-2018, 12:54   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have just seen on sky news the Russian Ambassador has said those 2 are talking.
Old 13-04-2018, 13:11   #28
Beacon of light

Well, that is good...as long as they are not trading insults and threats.
Old 14-04-2018, 10:00   #29
Beacon of light

It seems like they are letting the air strikes do the talking.
Old 14-04-2018, 10:24   #30

As awful as Syria's use of chemical weapons in their own boundarys is, how does it concern us? The UK , USA or France were not directly attacked so did we have any right to take action ? The UN should surely have been asked to consider action if it was felt to be necessary. The Russian Ambassador has apparently said that "there will be consequences". I wonder if President Trump will now use his Twitter account again to say whether any further action is planned?
I feel we are looking over a precipice. Lets hope we don't fall in.
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..