Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 09:05   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Donating Money To Charity, But Which One??

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well said

iv walked past and seen folk i went to school with end up exactly where people thought they would end up

cadging off a soft touch

mind you that place dumped a pedophile in the house next to me and besides having children myself thre was cubs and guides up teh street and a school on the next street and they or he didnt even notify his probabtion officer about the move they arranged for him,it was only because my partner at the time recognised his name from darwen that she looked up on the net for old stories in the telegraph and we found that he was a pedophile

not everyone deserves a second chance

anyway once word got out the local kids made his life hell and forced him to move and was given the huge fine of £50 for not notifying his probabtion officer that he had moved to our street
Wow a whole £50 fine accyman, that'll teach him in future won't it
Old 04-06-2009, 09:59   #32
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Please pay off my student debt.

Well, some of it. £20,000 would cover a reasonable part of it. Then I might be able to afford to eat.

just claim for expenses you dont have like all the other polititions,,,
Old 04-06-2009, 19:11   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
just claim for expenses you dont have like all the other polititions,,,
Since when have I been a politician?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Since when have I been a politician?
Exactly
Old 06-06-2009, 19:32   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Exactly
I'm confused.
Old 06-06-2009, 19:54   #36
Resting in Peace

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 C.
The Russians used a pencil.

Not so often your right and your wrong again,Pencils break and there is nothing worse than a flying bit of graphite floating round the gaff.Or as well known a nib at a loose end.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 20:01   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 C.
The Russians used a pencil.

Not so often your right and your wrong again,Pencils break and there is nothing worse than a flying bit of graphite floating round the gaff.Or as well known a nib at a loose end.
This isn't my quote, but a piece of graphite floating around wouldn't be at a speed to do much damage unless you by chance, and a slim chance, got it in your eye...
Old 06-06-2009, 20:11   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
This isn't my quote, but a piece of graphite floating around wouldn't be at a speed to do much damage unless you by chance, and a slim chance, got it in your eye...
I'll be sure to pass your assessments on to N.A.S.A the next time they get in contact with me.

To conclude it was found that an ordinary ballpoint would do the job.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 20:37   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I'll be sure to pass your assessments on to N.A.S.A the next time they get in contact with me.

To conclude it was found that an ordinary ballpoint would do the job.
I always find it confusing that people think there is an appeal to becoming an astronaut. It seems a bit strange to me. I'd rather keep my feet firmly on the ground!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..