Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 19:22   #1
TJH

Donating Money To Charity, But Which One??

Recently i inherited a large amount of money, i would like to donate money to some charitys but i cant find a local charity which would actually use the money.

I feel oxfam would spend it on a new 4x4 to cross the desert in and i really want to help local charitys not people aboard.

Not a racist, just want to give back to the local community first.

Recommendations would be great or if you run a charity please contact me.

I want to donate £20000 but i want the money to be used in a constructive way.

Thanks for your help.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2009, 19:34   #2
God Member

Re: Donating Money To Charity, But Which One??

Maundy Grange?

that dogs shelter thing

the possibilities are endless
Old 02-06-2009, 19:36   #3
TJH

The list is endless when you know where to look! ;-), i just need someone to say these charities really do work in the local area and ill be there with a cheque. Ive never had much experience with chairties except for the local prospects panel and they dont exactly inspire me.
Old 02-06-2009, 19:37   #4
God Member

I`m sure somebody on here will come up with a worthy cause.....and good luck on your windfall.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 19:38   #5
Senior Member+

maundy grange is a good local charity, dorothy does fantastic work with homeless people, she will help anyone

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 19:38   #6
God Member

yeah i wouldnt broadcast your windfall too much mate...there are a lot of gold diggers about
Old 02-06-2009, 19:39   #7
TJH

I married one!!. But this forum is the best place to find a local charity i think.
Old 02-06-2009, 19:42   #8

Salvation Army is a favourite of mine. At harvest time they start collecting dried food and brand new toys and donate to hundreds of needy families (all having been referred by official organisations) in the area. There used to be a GMTV toy appeal but the producers wanted to "do something different" this year and Sally Army were scrabbling around for toys. Every child got something this year (after a last minute dash to Toys R Us) but also the food donations are depleting.
jenibrindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 20:26   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

In another thread you mention you are depressed at the moment, may I suggest that for now, you leave the money in you're account until you can make a decision from a more positive frame of mind?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 20:49   #10
Resting in Peace

Railway Accy any day

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 21:11   #11
Senior Member+

I donate monthly to the NSPCC, as I believe it's a good cause. But the other great cause for me would be Christie's Hospital.

Why not split up your donation into, say, pots of £5000? That way you could help a few good causes.
Old 02-06-2009, 21:28   #12
white rabbits

I asked for donations in lieu of flowers for my hubby to go to the N,W Air Ambulance, They rely entirely on donations
Old 02-06-2009, 21:42   #13
Resting in Peace

If it costs £3-00 to keep a family of four in water for a month why does it cost me (on my own) £24

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 22:16   #14
Member.

Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion are very topical at the moment and in great need of continuing support, The North West Air Ambulance is a good all rounder and the RNLI, both of these have to battle the mainstream for support so it may well be a worth while consideration.

Whatever you choose, choose with your heart and well done to you for considering others.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 23:33   #15
God Member

A.P.M.F

Accyman's Pocket Money Fund

its totaly up to you what you decide to donate to but personaly i wouldnt give to smackheads,ex cons etc as they made their choices to get into the state they have done and are old enough to sort their own mistakes out

i would donate to a local childrens charity such as Darian House which looks after very ill children and a charity that i have helped raised money for on a few occasions myself

like less advised i too would say keep hold of your money for a while until your more certain of your future and sure that you can afford to part with such a large amount of money but if you want suggestions i would suggest helping people who deserve it and arnt able to help themselves like children or the elderly

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..