Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 19:30   #136
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
I hope this is tongue in cheek otherwise I couldn't disagree with you more, the Teacher had some passion and it's a shame the pupils didn't have the same drive and determination to get into school.

How should she have addressed the pupils "excuse me ladies and gentlemen I'm sorry to dirupt your breakfast time but would you mind at your convienience coming into the centre of learning as all your friends and teachers are waiting for you." Oh and thank you mrs Shopkeeper for looking after our wonderful disciplined pupils in your eatery."

The Teacher should be commended it's a shame there aren'y more people in our communities who know the difference between right and wrong
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and doesn’t do anything for a serious discussion.

However I agree with you that it is a shame that there aren't more people in our communities who know the difference between right and wrong.

A teacher who angrily barged into a butty shop during school hours demanding that the pupils leave and head for school for a start, plus everyone trying to defend the teacher’s action. That teacher should have been in school doing his/her job.
Old 04-07-2008, 19:32   #137
Resident Waffler

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

I think the only person on here who seems to have difficulty judging what's right and wrong is you.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 19:41   #138
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
A teacher who angrily barged into a butty shop during school hours demanding that the pupils leave and head for school for a start, plus everyone trying to defend the teacher’s action. That teacher should have been in school doing his/her job.
Has anyone bothered to ask that teacher why she was there? I thought Rhyddings have been having a purge on this sort of thing at the moment so maybe it was her job to find the kids in the schools care who were missing.

We went to our sons induction day last night, he moves to secondary school ( yes I am old ) in september.

One thing they said was that all childen not registered in the morning are followed up. This is where the text messages and/or phone calls home in. This is for a couple or reasons - kids skiving and also in case the child has had an accident on the way to school. I think the schools are more responsible than they used to be on this point. When you send your 11 year olds to school on the bus you know they are there safely if you have not been contacted. They even do the same on occasion if the child has a letter just in case the child wrote it or got a friend to phone in ( yes it does happen )
Old 04-07-2008, 19:42   #139
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and doesn’t do anything for a serious discussion.
It is but I am so good at it I find it hard to resist
Old 04-07-2008, 19:42   #140
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
And that is the whole point. NONE of it can be confirmed. It is a totally biased one sided story which does no-one any favours, least of all the butty shop owner.
You are still making an assumption that it was a “totally biased and one sided story” without one single shred of evidence to back up your claim. Why don’t you admit that the reporter couldn’t get ‘the other side’ because the teacher would not or could not give an interview? Of course the reporter may not have even tried, but we don’t know that. Yet you feel it is all right to castigate the reporter on an assumption and indulge in a bit of name calling of the shopkeeper.

But then you do have to have the last word come what may, don’t you?
Old 04-07-2008, 19:46   #141
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
I think the only person on here who seems to have difficulty judging what's right and wrong is you.
Then you thought wrong!

But I don’t make assumptions to try and prove my point.
Old 04-07-2008, 19:48   #142
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I wouldn't take too much notice.

Don't forget this is the person who sits in a disabled parking space, whilst his able bodied companion does the errands, and therefore might be preventing a genuine person from using that space.

Hardly someone who can take the moral high ground.

Good to see so much support for this teacher's actions, from most right thinking folk.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 19:52   #143

Not read the whole thread so if this has been posted before I apologise but surely these kids should have had something to eat before they left home? I may be an older person but when I was at school I never left home without some breakfast. This, to me, smacks of SOME parents not giving a toss that their child has not had anything to eat for breakfast, family standards slipping, decline of the western world.....etc
Old 04-07-2008, 19:53   #144
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I wouldn't take too much notice.

Don't forget this is the person who sits in a disabled parking space, whilst his able bodied companion does the errands, and therefore might be preventing a genuine person from using that space.

Hardly someone who can take the moral high ground.

Good to see so much support for this teacher's actions, from most right thinking folk.
Agree with the Teachers actions......But..........What has a disabled parking badge got to do with teacher or pupil?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 20:02   #145
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Agree with the Teachers actions......But..........What has a disabled parking badge got to do with teacher or pupil?
I think if someone is moralising, that person's morality can be questioned.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 20:24   #146
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I think if someone is moralising, that person's morality can be questioned.
I think that puts you in the frame for a below the belt comment which has nothing to do with the subject.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 20:39   #147
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You are still making an assumption that it was a “totally biased and one sided story” without one single shred of evidence to back up your claim. Why don’t you admit that the reporter couldn’t get ‘the other side’ because the teacher would not or could not give an interview? Of course the reporter may not have even tried, but we don’t know that. Yet you feel it is all right to castigate the reporter on an assumption and indulge in a bit of name calling of the shopkeeper.

But then you do have to have the last word come what may, don’t you?

Don't know what all the fuss is about.You either go to school or you don't.But if you do then you don't go on your own terms you stick to the rules.
I.E If your not on the dockside or at the pit head at the right time you don't get a days work.When I was an apprentice. if I missed the van I got left behind.Only missed once.There was no-one there to give me 10 mins notice.Lock the little sods out if their late,They will soon learn-I did
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 20:43   #148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post

Don't know what all the fuss is about.You either go to school or you don't.But if you do then you don't go on your own terms you stick to the rules.
I.E If your not on the dockside or at the pit head at the right time you don't get a days work.When I was an apprentice. if I missed the van I got left behind.Only missed once.There was no-one there to give me 10 mins notice.Lock the little sods out if their late,They will soon learn-I did
Hear hear, Benipete.

We're too soft these days.

I don't think teachers are allowed to lock kids out......more's the pity in some cases.
Old 04-07-2008, 20:54   #149

Quote:

However I agree with you that it is a shame that there aren't more people in our communities who know the difference between right and wrong.

Quite honestly I thought you were a wind up merchant we need discipline back on our streets nd if that means that a Teacher has to raise her voice then so be it, The trouble is the Teachers, police etc cant exert any meaningful discipline due the restrictions that are placed on them.

I've said it before lets name and shame these kids, lets see their mugshots in the paper (stuff the "a 14 year old who couldn't be named for legal reasons") Lets have them in a pen on broadway on a Saturday afternoon. For goodness sick lets stop making excuses for them

They know what there doing, don't tell me kids don't know their doing wrong when their committing acts of vandelism, physical violence etc

I'm sick of this mamby pamby socieity that we live in it's time to take back the streets. how many offffences does a kid have to commit before there's any meaningful punishment?
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 21:02   #150

I went to Rhyddings - occasionally! From about Year 9 I 'dropped out'. I wish someone had come looking for me (instead of breathing a sigh of relief). If they had dragged me back in to school (and preferable taken the time to find out what was wrong they could have saved me about 6 wasted years which is aobut the the time it took me to realise that you do't get anywhere without qualifications.
When I was at Rhyddings there were good and bad teachers and when Miss Moore arrived she certainly pulled the standards up. She would not have allowed kids in butty shops when they should have been in school.

Children dont always know what is best for them, though they may think they do. Sometimes adults have to take responsibility this teacher should be applauded and the samwich shop owner, well she is beyond belief!
polly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..