Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 21:02   #151

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

I went to Rhyddings - occasionally! From about Year 9 I 'dropped out'. I wish someone had come looking for me (instead of breathing a sigh of relief). If they had dragged me back in to school (and preferable taken the time to find out what was wrong they could have saved me about 6 wasted years which is aobut the the time it took me to realise that you do't get anywhere without qualifications.
When I was at Rhyddings there were good and bad teachers and when Miss Moore arrived she certainly pulled the standards up. She would not have allowed kids in butty shops when they should have been in school.

Children dont always know what is best for them, though they may think they do. Sometimes adults have to take responsibility this teacher should be applauded and the samwich shop owner, well she is beyond belief!
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-07-2008, 22:47   #152
God Member

I can't believe a lot of what has been said about the teacher being in the wrong. These little darlings are well aware of the school rules and they state they must be in school for 8:40. They blatantly ignore the rules, so why should the not get a bollocking public or otherwise?? Most kids who think they are going to be late would try their utmost to get to school as soon as possible, so the fault lies with the attitude of these kids not the teacher!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 23:21   #153
Loz

Can't believe your opinion on this Jambutty.
I thought that being from the generation you are that respect for the teachers and school would be something you would advocate not slagging them off for trying to get pupils in school so they can get an education.
I would never have turned up late for school without good reason and if i did i would expect to be punished.
If you let kids get away with murder now there is no hope for the future.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:28   #154
Resting in Peace

Ain't this an example of shoddy journalism by the Observer, only getting one side of the story, maybe the school band the teacher from talking to the press but the story was very unbalanced, and seemingly instigated by the shop owner, hope it has the reverse effect she was hoping far
Old 05-07-2008, 14:58   #155
God Member

Totally agree with jambutty on this one. Can't believe the amount of people who disagree with his views for "disagreeing with jambutty"'s sake. Rather pathetic really.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 15:09   #156
Resident Waffler

I disagree with him because I disagree with his point of view, as I would disagree with it whoever posted it. Nowt to do with who said it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 15:28   #157
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Totally agree with jambutty on this one. Can't believe the amount of people who disagree with his views for "disagreeing with jambutty"'s sake. Rather pathetic really.
If I thoought he was right I'd say so.

I don't.

I think the teacher totally did the right thing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 15:44   #158
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

I don't.
Me too Garinda .. find your remark a little more than strange Shakermaker.

Think even Jambutty would not agree with your remark about not agreeing for the sake of it..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 15:48   #159
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

Think even Jambutty would not agree with your remark about not agreeing for the sake of it..

Agreed.

I'm more of the opinion that it's his post that's pathetic, in that it's laughable.

Old 05-07-2008, 15:51   #160
Loz

Quote:
It isn't because it's JB who posted it it's because i really don't agree with what he said and would feel the same if anybody had posted that opinion.
Old 05-07-2008, 15:51   #161
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
I wouldn't take too much notice.

Don't forget this is the person who sits in a disabled parking space, whilst his able bodied companion does the errands, and therefore might be preventing a genuine person from using that space.

Hardly someone who can take the moral high ground.

Good to see so much support for this teacher's actions, from most right thinking folk.
Only a cantankerous woman could recall in finite detail what someone did and said ages ago.

If proof were ever needed, your continual bringing up of a past post to make a puerile point proves conclusively what a mealy mouthed, mean, spiteful, vicious, nasty, excuse for a human being you are.

You can use your imagination as to what I would have liked to post but forum etiquette prevents me from doing so. I’m sure that someone with your disposition would be able to do so eloquently.
Old 05-07-2008, 16:09   #162
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Quite honestly I thought you were a wind up merchant we need discipline back on our streets nd if that means that a Teacher has to raise her voice then so be it, The trouble is the Teachers, police etc cant exert any meaningful discipline due the restrictions that are placed on them.

I've said it before lets name and shame these kids, lets see their mugshots in the paper (stuff the "a 14 year old who couldn't be named for legal reasons") Lets have them in a pen on broadway on a Saturday afternoon. For goodness sick lets stop making excuses for them

They know what there doing, don't tell me kids don't know their doing wrong when their committing acts of vandelism, physical violence etc

I'm sick of this mamby pamby socieity that we live in it's time to take back the streets. how many offffences does a kid have to commit before there's any meaningful punishment?
The real point in this issue is that teachers do not have the authority to trawl the town looking for truant pupils and to force them back to school.

Nor does that teacher have the right to angrily barge into a business premises or even a private one for that matter and demand that the customers, who were pupils at a nearby school, to get to school immediately.

Whether this reported incident was badly reported or biased is not an issue particularly as no one except the reporter knows if an attempt was made to hear the school’s side on the issue. People just make a supposition, clamber on their collective moral high horse and spout nonsense.

If some people are so all fired up about this incident then I suggest that on Monday morning they go along to the school, pretend to be a freelance reporter and ask the school head for a statement on the incident. Don’t be surprised if the school head comes back with no comment because the school head will know that the teacher in question exceeded his/her authority and would rather let the incident die a death than be resurrected.
Old 05-07-2008, 16:22   #163
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I disagree with him because I disagree with his point of view, as I would disagree with it whoever posted it. Nowt to do with who said it.
Quote:

I don't.

I think the teacher totally did the right thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
It isn't because it's JB who posted it it's because i really don't agree with what he said and would feel the same if anybody had posted that opinion.

Ah here we go, the "What? Moi? I'm whiter than white!" backlash begins.
Funny how I didn't mention whom I was referring to yet you all jump to defend yourselves.
Careful, a little paranoia can be dangerous!
I was actually referring to posts such as these (which often creep up in every thread jambutty replies to):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Thankfully I can't see JB's post, although unfortunately I've read Willow's quote. It looks like another trolling mission from 'the great one' and should just be ignored. Either that, or he is totally out of touch with the modern world.

No doubt he'll respond by saying I've abused him, but equally thankfully, I won't be able to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
You want to take a close look at yourself Mr. Sandwich. I think the only way to avoid reading the outpourings of this geriatric is to add him to the ignore list like Tin Monkey apparently has.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 16:29   #164
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Don’t be surprised if the school head comes back with no comment because the school head will know that the teacher in question exceeded his/her authority and would rather let the incident die a death than be resurrected.
"In this specific incident the students in question were still in Union Road well after classes had started and our staff member strongly told the pupils where they should be.''

''Punctuality is very important to the school. If our staff member was over-zealous in her response it is unfortunate, but if our pupils want to get a job after leaving school they must realise punctuality is important."

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...sts_in_to_cafe

Happily it sounds to me that this teacher has the Head's full backing.

Reportedly.

Old 05-07-2008, 16:30   #165
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ah here we go, the "What? Moi? I'm whiter than white!" backlash begins.
Funny how I didn't mention whom I was referring to yet you all jump to defend yourselves.
Careful, a little paranoia can be dangerous!
I was actually referring to posts such as these (which often creep up in every thread jambutty replies to):
That's hardly an amount of people Shakermaker ... find your attitude a little condescending and thrown the thread off balance a little to suggest there was any animosity towards Jambutty's opinion (well, know there is sometimes .. ) .. stirring the s... in other words.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..