Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 18:07   #241
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Was the teacher an “Education Welfare Officer”? If not, that teacher did not have the authority to act as s/he did outside of the school.
You had started off in this thread being sensible. Now you have returned to your usual self.

Why do you behave like one of these school children?

Quote:
derekgas has picked up on it – what was the teacher doing going into a butty shop during school hours?
How many times do you need telling. It is the responsibility of the school so she was doing her job.
Old 06-07-2008, 18:49   #242
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It might be against the law for school children not to be at school during school hours but there is no law (YET!) that a citizen MUST report a felony if that citizen sees one being committed.

We haven’t quite got to becoming a police state.

Now you are jumping to conclusions in accusing the shopkeeper of phoning the paper for publicity’s sake. She could have been and probably was, highlighting the behaviour of a teacher who overstepped the mark.

I see many school children in uniform in Asda during school hours every week. I’ve never seen a copper apprehend them. Meaning that Asda doesn’t give a hoot and only money talks. So if you’ve got a beef on this point go and tackle Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Iceland, Aldi, Netto etc. Don’t forget the market and record shops.

Admit it – the teacher was out of order.
Not so often your right and your wrong again it is an offense to know a felony has been committed or even to know it may be committed and not report it
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 19:13   #243
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
this is priceless!! another thread swung the way of= I'm Blazey look at me. ya done it again kid.
Why thankyou, I do make such an effort at whatever ridiculous hour it was to get the attention of the vast amount of people that was online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I think she posted that she's doing a placement with a London law firm this summer.

If she doesn't sleep too well, and decides to roll in late, I hope they show her the understanding she deserves.
I think I said that to you in a PM actually when I was asking you the most convenient method of travel for getting to London. I'm not on placement in a law firm anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Maybe thats why he/she is a university personal tutor ? He/she can't be bothered with many students and wants an easy life.

Of course the schools are just making sure the majority of pupils pass their GCSE's. There is usually one teacher to a class of 25-30 kids, how can they offer personal tuition to all
My personal tutor lectures to 180 pupils at a time in the law of contract, and all tutors have time for the individual needs of students, we don't pay them for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
She might decide to rebel against convention, and turn up late for her exams.
I have had my exams, and turned up for everyone online. My point about the rules is that they are generally a framework. There are always loop holes and exceptions to the rules, that's life. If you get pulled for doing 33mph in a 30 zone you are most likely to be let off with a caution, often due o the fact that manufacturers don't follow guidelines tightly enough to ensure the speedometers measure 100% accurately in the first place.

I don't care if you think I talk in long sentences or don't agree with your boring ways of life. Why should I be like you when you're all middle aged and sit on accyweb all day? Why just be a slave to the wage when you can be a slave to spending all your free time on accyweb too? I think I'll stick to my way thanks.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 19:29   #244
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I don't care if you think I talk in long sentences or don't agree with your boring ways of life. Why should I be like you when you're all middle aged and sit on accyweb all day? Why just be a slave to the wage when you can be a slave to spending all your free time on accyweb too? I think I'll stick to my way thanks.
Old 06-07-2008, 19:35   #245
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:

Why should I be like you when you're all middle aged and sit on accyweb all day? .

cheeky git......whos middles aged??!

you sit on it all night
Old 06-07-2008, 19:35   #246
God Member

I would have thought that any decent parent (and there are obviously several contributing to this thread) would have backed the teacher on this.

Would you want your child to be able to while away the hours in a butty shop when they should be in school?

I wouldn't. I'd want the teacher who'd seen them to haul them into school, punish them as they see fit and then inform me. I would punish them at home also. I would be thanking and apologising to that teacher and would ensure my children apologised to her too.

Too many parents have a laissez faire attitude these days.

To end up with our kids becoming decent, law abiding, employable adults we need to work with the school not against them.
Old 06-07-2008, 19:41   #247
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

cheeky git......whos middles aged??!

you sit on it all night
Yes at the early hours of the morning when I have the choice of the internet or walking the streets to tire myself out.

I see nobody answered why the teacher wasn't in school at that time either. What's the point of being in school at 8.40am if the teachers are still strolling in at 8.50am?

The kids were having breakfast, I hardly see what the problem is. Since when does Rhyddings start at 8.50 anyway :/ always thought it started at 9 like all the other schools.
Old 06-07-2008, 19:44   #248
God Member

Quote:
Since when does Rhyddings start at 8.50 anyway :/ always thought it started at 9 like all the other schools.

they dont, they start at 8.40
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 19:44   #249
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

nope 8.40 now and in september they finish at 3.00pm
Old 06-07-2008, 19:45   #250
Senior Member+

Wrong yet again. Deary me.
Old 06-07-2008, 19:49   #251
God Member

Well sorry for not going to Rhyddings or knowing anyone who goes there. 8.40 is ridiculous, especially considering the distance some people travel these days to get to school because they're often missing out on their first choice of school. No wonder why they're having to grab breakfast once they're there.

And I ask AGAIN, why was the teacher late into school?!
Old 06-07-2008, 19:53   #252
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

have a look
http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...sts_in_to_cafe

whos says she was late?
Old 06-07-2008, 19:53   #253
God Member

well maybe she was out looking for kids wagging school?
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:01   #254
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
well maybe she was out looking for kids wagging school?
Well that isn't her job is it?

Panther, if school starts at 8.40, and she was in the sandwich shop at 8.50am that makes her outside of school during schooltime as well...

I'm not going to follow the newspaper report as it's most likely biased.
Old 06-07-2008, 20:01   #255
God Member

Mount Carmel starts at 8.55 and Hollins 8.45. Doubt if you find a secondary school that does start at 9 these days.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..