Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 20:10   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
Even if parents did give us food in morning we'd still go shops and stuff and chill out before school, even more amusing when teachers used to shout so we'd make it so we're even more late.
What a sad lad you are Jae Swift .. 'chill out before school' ?.. what's that all about !! Can't do that when you have to actually go to work !

Do your parents actually see your posts ?.. sure they would not agree with what you are saying.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2008, 20:11   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
My admiration goes to those who are obliged to teach idiotic children who think it's amusing to make teachers angry. It's no wonder so many leave school barely literate and no wonder there's so little respect for others in general.
Well said. I had respect for my teachers, whether I liked them or not I respected them and didnt abuse to take the mick either in or out of school. Saying this though I had respect for most adults as a youngster as that is how I was raised
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 20:21   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
What a sad lad you are Jae Swift .. 'chill out before school' ?.. what's that all about !! Can't do that when you have to actually go to work !

Do your parents actually see your posts ?.. sure they would not agree with what you are saying.
like i said.. Chill out BEFORE school, school starts at 9.

AND, I have worked.. Not been any problems there, more problems with teachers than people at work.
Old 03-07-2008, 20:21   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

pretty easy to understand why theres so many "Brats" in society these days.
Old 03-07-2008, 20:27   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Well said. I had respect for my teachers, whether I liked them or not I respected them and didnt abuse to take the mick either in or out of school. Saying this though I had respect for most adults as a youngster as that is how I was raised
But even under the iron-fisted rule of "Ben" Johnson, we did give some teachers a rough time: E. J. "Gobbin" Owen comes to mind, and "Holy Joe" McIvor, although he didn't last too long ... it might have had something to do with the stink bombs. But guys like Sam Wignall, didn't ask for respect, they demanded it and got it. But, like you, I was raised "proper."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 20:29   #21

Ignore.

Last edited by Jae Swift; 03-07-2008 at 20:35. Reason: ignore this.
Jae Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 20:34   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Even if parents did give us food in morning we'd still go shops and stuff and chill out before school, even more amusing when teachers used to shout so we'd make it so we're even more late.
Maybe you'll grow up one day.However the choice is yours.I just find you a very sad person.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 20:36   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Judging by the shopkeeper's comments in the 'Observer' she's more interested in the profit she's making out of the kids rather than their education and wellbeing.
Gotta agree there, surely the shop owner had realised that having a shop full of kids at that hour of the day was a tad "unusual" .
More worried about her daily bacon butty trade than their education and the teacher's alleged lack of respect.
Old 03-07-2008, 20:38   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
like i said.. Chill out BEFORE school, school starts at 9.

AND, I have worked.. Not been any problems there, more problems with teachers than people at work.
Yeh, but these kids were going to be late for school .. not acceptable, should have got up earlier so they would not have been late.

Cannot understand why they feel they have to go to a butty shop before school to me.. not a matter of chilling ... just excess of food intake or no caring by parents to give them a decent breakfast before they go. Must have given them money to go there.

Good job I am not your mum .. "amusing to see them angry all the time" ??? .. wonder what your favourite sport is... 'First one to excite saliva running down a teacher's chin obtains their first kitchen knife"
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 20:42   #25
God Member

Quote:
My admiration goes to those who are obliged to teach idiotic children who think it's amusing to make teachers angry. It's no wonder so many leave school barely literate and no wonder there's so little respect for others in general.
Mine too!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 20:58   #26
God Member

Quote:
I agree, Westender.

What's the betting that these kids who were in the butty shop are dobbers whose parents couldn't give a monkey's as long as the kids are out of the house before Jeremy Kyle comes on?

These teachers really have their work cut out with kids like these.

Kids like this don't want to learn, their parents couldn't care less (they probably didn't go to school much themselves) so trying to teach them must feel like banging your head on the wall.
Old 03-07-2008, 21:03   #27
Beacon of light

Quote:
Maybe if they showed respect back and didn't sit with their feet up during lessons and started helping students out and getting teachers that actually have knowledge of what they're doing then they'd get respect from me.
Maybe they didn't feel motivated to help out people who wound them up and made them angry.
And you have to give respect for someone to respect you back.
Teachers are there to do the thankless task of imparting knowledge to adolescents who clearly do not want to learn. Maybe these children should be sent into the factories and industries(those that are left, and that would employ them) at 14 like they used to be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 21:06   #28

Why are you all saying grow up?
Just because I saw teachers as assholes, and I used to chill before school, doesn't mean I'd do the same now.

So what did/do all you lot do for a living that was so great?
Come on, cough up perfectionists..
Old 03-07-2008, 21:07   #29
Senior Member+

what do you do Jae?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 21:08   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Maybe if they showed respect back and didn't sit with their feet up during lessons and started helping students out and getting teachers that actually have knowledge of what they're doing then they'd get respect from me.

I was about to abuse you until I read that.

If the post you made about the teachers not being able to speak English very well is true then I can understand your feelings.

I am sure us older ones here were taught by staff we could understand.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..