Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 22:08   #391
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Neither you nor I know why the teacher was in the shop but what we do know is the pupils were showing a blatant disregard for the school rules. They have got to learn that they can't go through life just suiting theirselves when to do things. Most kids who know they are going to be late for school try and get there as quickly as possible not stop of for a butty so if these kids were humiliated(which I very much doubt) it serves them right!!!
I agree that the kids were showing a blatant disregard for school rules but that isn’t the issue.
Old 08-07-2008, 22:10   #392
Resident Waffler

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post

Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else knows why the teacher was in the Butty shop during school hours.
At last!

So why do you keep asking the rest of us to answer the unanswerable question?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 22:11   #393
God Member

Quote:
I agree that the kids were showing a blatant disregard for school rules but that isn’t the issue.
If it isn't it should be!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 22:12   #394
Resident Waffler

But it was the issue - that was why the teacher rounded them up and sent them packing off to school.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 22:16   #395
Passed away 25-11-09

Jambutty I have sometimes, in the past, agreed with your views on certain things. I have sometimes thought you were given too much stick, even after you've given it to me. I may possibly agree with you about some subject in the future but there are times when neither I nor the majority of others can accept your argument and this is one of those times.

You are like a terrier worrying a long-dead rat. Let it go, man, nobody is going to agree with you and you just cannot win every argument.
Old 08-07-2008, 22:34   #396

I see the thread is still going strong. My views are as they were some 300 and odd posts ago.

1. It’s the legal obligation of the parent to have their child attend school
2. It’s the job of the teaching staff to tend to their duties once the child is at school

Where the shopkeeper comes into the equation ( when blame is being apportioned ) beats me. It’s none of the shopkeepers business what the kids are doing either in his shop or elsewhere.

Old 08-07-2008, 23:07   #397
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
If it isn't it should be!!!
Exactly,surely at the end of the day the major issue is the pupils showing no respect whatsoever for the schools rules and that they are in the wrong and the teacher did the right thing by getting them out of the butty shop and into school where they should be.
I don't care if it was the teachers job or not to round these kids up but i'm glad they did and that they cared enough to get them into class.
Why has this gone on so bloody long?!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:59   #398
God Member

A teacher at my old primary school once took a girl I know out of class in his car, bought her lollies from the shop and told her she had to suck them all day so she wouldn't speak.

Yes, it made her quiet, as pupils should be in class, but the method was inappropriate.

When a student isn't in school, even if they should be in school or not, a teacher should not have any right to approach a child and harass them. How is the general public meant to ascertain whether that adult hassling the child is indeed their teacher? It puts the shopkeeper in an awkward position.

Imagine if it had been someone like Ian Huntley entering the sandwich shop, and being a trustworthy figure to the child, the child left willingly with him to school, only to be driven away in a car to a remote place to be beaten, raped and murdered? How would that shop keeper feel if they KNEW they had just watched someone enter the shop, approach the child and not said a word?

Now I know this isn't a perfect story, I'm not a child abducter so I don't know the perfect way to snatch a child from under someones nose, but these things do happen. If we allowed teachers to interfere like this every day it would put children at risk. No matter what you say I am in agreeance with the pupils and the shopkeeper. They could've been an hour late for all I care but at least they didn't leave the shops premises with a teacher.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:11   #399
God Member

I can't be bothered reading through 20 pages of this thread but it appears to me that the general concensus is that the shopkeeper and the kids were in the wrong and the teacher was in the right. (Apart from Jambutty who puts up his usual idiotic argument against everyone else). But as anyone yet suggested that this catering establishment be boycotted until the proprioter sees the error of her ways?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 19:10   #400
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
At last!

So why do you keep asking the rest of us to answer the unanswerable question?
You are bit slow on the uptake because I have stated the same before.

I ask what appears to be an unanswerable question because most people are condoning the teacher’s action and even praising her for it. Whilst ignoring the fact that the teacher herself was not in school during school hours. Indeed calling it irrelevant when in fact it is relevant.

School rules is school rules applicable to pupils and staff alike. Although there will be small differences. And for a teacher to breach those rules herself and then castigate the pupils for doing the same is hypocrisy in the extreme. The kids will get enough of “Do as I say not as I do” in later life, with the one person who is supposed to be teaching and setting a good example doing it now.

Many people have made a judgement without being privy to the full facts and when someone like me comes along to draw people’s attention to the situation I get vilified, called names and told that I was wrong to form my opinion.
Old 09-07-2008, 19:23   #401
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Jambutty I have sometimes, in the past, agreed with your views on certain things. I have sometimes thought you were given too much stick, even after you've given it to me. I may possibly agree with you about some subject in the future but there are times when neither I nor the majority of others can accept your argument and this is one of those times.

You are like a terrier worrying a long-dead rat. Let it go, man, nobody is going to agree with you and you just cannot win every argument.
It is irrelevant to this thread whether you agreed or disagreed with my views in the past on other issues or in the future.

If people don’t want to accept my argument for having a view on an issue that is their problem not mine. But what happens is that the knives come out with snide remarks, innuendo, insults, name calling and broad hints that my view is wrong and it should be in line with the majority.

Excuse me – I wasn’t aware that you were my keeper!

The issue here is simple enough. Was the teacher out of order in her actions? I say yes she was and explained why I thought so. Others said no but did not explain why they thought so other than making excuses for the teacher.
Old 09-07-2008, 19:31   #402
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I can't be bothered reading through 20 pages of this thread but it appears to me that the general concensus is that the shopkeeper and the kids were in the wrong and the teacher was in the right. (Apart from Jambutty who puts up his usual idiotic argument against everyone else). But as anyone yet suggested that this catering establishment be boycotted until the proprioter sees the error of her ways?
If you had bothered to read the 20 pages instead of jumping in, in the middle, you would have read that boycotting the shop has been suggested.

But then that is what happens on this forum, people jump in without reading the thread and follow the lead of their favourite member.

I rest my case about name calling.
Old 09-07-2008, 19:47   #403
God Member

Quote:

The issue here is simple enough. Was the teacher out of order in her actions? I say yes she was and explained why I thought so. Others said no but did not explain why they thought so other than making excuses for the teacher.
We have explained why we thought the teacher was in the right many times. All you have done is make excuses for the young people so it's the same difference.

Do you accept (ignoring the teacher's actions completely) that the young people were in the wrong by being out of school at that time?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 20:00   #404
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
We have explained why we thought the teacher was in the right many times. All you have done is make excuses for the young people so it's the same difference.

Do you accept (ignoring the teacher's actions completely) that the young people were in the wrong by being out of school at that time?
Jeez hon, don't get him going .... all this time wasted on what doesn't even qualify as a storm in a teacup, or a belch in a butty shop ...

I have the feeling that if someone could bring Islam into the question, this nonesense would go on for ever
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 20:01   #405
God Member

Is it me or was my post about Ian Huntley removed. Funny how people don't want to talk about the reality of child abduction when it's not been made a point of in the daily express.

I don't see why these things are removed, and don't say for childrens' sake, they announced that guy from Smarts suicide and drug problems, so I think we can talk about child abduction and murder quite easily enough. It's not like they don't teach these things in school.

I get the impression that someone didn't like the fact that I made a valid point. God forbid any of your children get molested by a teacher just because you want to give them the same rights as you had. If you asserted your own views on your kids in the first place you wouldn't need to be worrying about teachers being able or unable to do this.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..