Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 20:03   #406
God Member

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Also, the woman who runs nutty butty is one in a million and I don't see why her shop should be avoided at all. She's got a wise head on her shoulders and speaks more sense than most of this rabble.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2008, 20:05   #407
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
It is irrelevant to this thread whether you agreed or disagreed with my views in the past on other issues or in the future.

Excuse me – I wasn’t aware that you were my keeper!

The relevance is in the fact that I do not automatically disagree with anything you say, as you have accused others of doing. I always try to look at your comments impartially and either agree or not as my reason dictates.

No, I am not your keeper ....... thank God!
Old 09-07-2008, 20:09   #408
Resting in Peace

Your post #398 has not been removed Blazey.

Thing is this is a black/white discussion, no grey areas on how we swing on the incident, so pointless one side attempting to persuade the other. Neither 'team' are going to change their mind.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 20:12   #409
God Member

Sandwich anyone ... I'm just sitting down for a late lunch
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 20:12   #410
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
She's got a wise head on her shoulders and speaks more sense than most of this rabble.
Not the wisest of things to say .. obviously you never made it onto a school debating team, and if you did, should be thrown off without further ado.
Old 09-07-2008, 20:19   #411
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Not the wisest of things to say .. obviously you never made it onto a school debating team, and if you did, should be thrown off without further ado.
We didn't even have a school debating team. What is the point of trying to create something like that in a school were most of the students don't even want to be there?

At school I was a musician, I didn't care for law and politics. I was in the school band, choir and played in other bands outside of school. That's all I really bothered doing at school.

I don't see this as a debate, I see it as ganging up against the other side, mainly Jambutty, and putting people off wanting to enter the discussion.

If you think it is fine for a teacher to take your responsibility then that is upto you. Anyone who thinks this shouldn't expect mum of the year award though.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 20:32   #412
God Member

Quote:
She's got a wise head on her shoulders and speaks more sense than most of this rabble.
If you don't like it on here why bother posting ?
Old 09-07-2008, 20:36   #413
God Member

Quote:
We didn't even have a school debating team. What is the point of trying to create something like that in a school were most of the students don't even want to be there?

At school I was a musician, I didn't care for law and politics. I was in the school band, choir and played in other bands outside of school. That's all I really bothered doing at school.

I don't see this as a debate, I see it as ganging up against the other side, mainly Jambutty, and putting people off wanting to enter the discussion.

If you think it is fine for a teacher to take your responsibility then that is upto you. Anyone who thinks this shouldn't expect mum of the year award though.
Jambutty is not the "other side", unless the other side means "to pontificate" or "to belittle" ... and he probably looks forward to responses to his didacticsm ...

And it should be fine for a teacher to "take your responsibility"; for a teacher does act in loco parentis, something which you should probably know.
Old 09-07-2008, 20:37   #414
God Member

Quote:

We are going round in circles now. As has been said, people have expressed strong views on this issue and those people will not be changing their views now.

It is a parents responsibility to ensure that their child gets to school on time. The trouble is that at secondary school age the children often make their own way to school as opposed to being dropped off at the gate by their parents. Parents would assume that the children get there on time unless notified otherwise.

Once the parents have made sure the kids have left the house on time they would not expect their child to take a detour to school via the butty shop. A responsible parent would be mortified if they knew that this was going on.

A responsible parent would applaud a teacher who spotted their child in the butty shop and ordered them to school.

To be quite honest though, the odds are quite high that a child sitting in a butty shop when they should be in school is not the offspring of a responsible parent. Not necessarily of course but quite probable.

There are several contenders for mum of the year on here.....myself, Bernadette, Katex, Gayle, Westender to name but a few.

No-one who gave a damn for their kids education would fail to back that teacher for what she did.
Old 09-07-2008, 20:43   #415
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
We are going round in circles now. As has been said, people have expressed strong views on this issue and those people will not be changing their views now.

It is a parents responsibility to ensure that their child gets to school on time. The trouble is that at secondary school age the children often make their own way to school as opposed to being dropped off at the gate by their parents. Parents would assume that the children get there on time unless notified otherwise.

Once the parents have made sure the kids have left the house on time they would not expect their child to take a detour to school via the butty shop. A responsible parent would be mortified if they knew that this was going on.

A responsible parent would applaud a teacher who spotted their child in the butty shop and ordered them to school.

To be quite honest though, the odds are quite high that a child sitting in a butty shop when they should be in school is not the offspring of a responsible parent. Not necessarily of course but quite probable.

There are several contenders for mum of the year on here.....myself, Bernadette, Katex, Gayle, Westender to name but a few.

No-one who gave a damn for their kids education would fail to back that teacher for what she did.
Blessed are they that go around in circles for they shall be called big wheels ...

I was once voted "mother of the year" or maybe it was mother with an "f" word after it
Old 10-07-2008, 11:40   #416
Resting in Peace

Perhaps only fair to let the shopkeeper have the last word (I hope!).

Her comments on the Observer web-site:-

" Hw rude some people are. When i rangthe observer i never once thought about my profits. when i confronted this teacher about her actions she was very rude towards myself and other people in my cafe. we were all disgusted at the way these YOUNG ADULTS were being spoken too. Like i said to the teacher there was no need to be screaming at these school kids on the street like she did. she made a fool of her self as you can imagine how busy the area is at 8:45. Theseshool kids would have been just a few minutes late but when they got to school they were locked out making them nearly half an hour late. were is the sense. i understand lateness is a problem in schools and always will be unfortunatly. when i spoke to Mr Burke all he said was that letters would be sent home to late children. Aletter does nothing these days. my 4 year old son speaks to people with respect. Its just a shame teachers cant let alone a senior teacher. Every one is so quick to call school kids of today. I simply wanted to make people understand that its not always the parents fault. My piont was if you give young adults respect then they will learn how to show it. When the school used to let the last years out at dinner it gave them a sence of maturity and something to look forward to in your last year. Now in my eyes they are locked away like animals. some may not agree but thats my view and im sure the school kids would agree. like i said i didnt once think about my profits, just about sticking up for the local school kids for a change. "
stacey everett, oswaldtwistle
9/07/2008 at 17:35
Old 10-07-2008, 12:30   #417
God Member

Sticking up for the local school kids?...ow how nice and considerate to run a butty shop with such high and mighty values..they should stand for the local elections..the brave upstanding members of the butty shop.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 15:10   #418
Resident Waffler

Perhaps someone could explain to her why the school gates are locked.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 15:15   #419
God Member

Quote:
Perhaps only fair to let the shopkeeper have the last word (I hope!).

Her comments on the Observer web-site:-

" Hw rude some people are. When i rangthe observer i never once thought about my profits. when i confronted this teacher about her actions she was very rude towards myself and other people in my cafe. we were all disgusted at the way these YOUNG ADULTS were being spoken too. Like i said to the teacher there was no need to be screaming at these school kids on the street like she did. she made a fool of her self as you can imagine how busy the area is at 8:45. Theseshool kids would have been just a few minutes late but when they got to school they were locked out making them nearly half an hour late. were is the sense. i understand lateness is a problem in schools and always will be unfortunatly. when i spoke to Mr Burke all he said was that letters would be sent home to late children. Aletter does nothing these days. my 4 year old son speaks to people with respect. Its just a shame teachers cant let alone a senior teacher. Every one is so quick to call school kids of today. I simply wanted to make people understand that its not always the parents fault. My piont was if you give young adults respect then they will learn how to show it. When the school used to let the last years out at dinner it gave them a sence of maturity and something to look forward to in your last year. Now in my eyes they are locked away like animals. some may not agree but thats my view and im sure the school kids would agree. like i said i didnt once think about my profits, just about sticking up for the local school kids for a change. "
stacey everett, oswaldtwistle
9/07/2008 at 17:35
So, after spending some quality time hugging hoodies, you should hug some "young adults"?
Old 10-07-2008, 16:45   #420
God Member

Quote:
Now in my eyes they are locked away like animals.

Should have gone to specsavers I think

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..